Ebay SNAD, Please help!

DimpleGirl

It's never enough
O.G.
Oct 5, 2007
I have been searching high and low for a Chanel square mini but was not able to find one from retail stores. So I turned to ebay. The pics from the listing weren't clear, so I asked for more pics. The seller provided more pics but they were all dark. She said she's not good at taking pics and it's hard to take pictures with one hand while holding the bag with the other hand. Anyways, out of desperation, I believed all that and decided to make the purchase. (I feel very silly as typing out all these). She also asked me to take the transaction off of ebay and text her on her phone but I refused (very glad I didn't). I received the bag last night and the front color of the bag doesn't match with the CC logo tab and the rest of the bag (see pic below). The discoloration is very obvious in person. I contacted the seller immediately. She responded that's not her bag and that I have changed the camera settings or done something to the pictures. After a lot of back and forth, she said she will take the bag back but I have to pay for shipping. I called Ebay for some guidance and they said the seller should send me the prepaid label and if we can't agree then they will step in after 3 business days.
My question is should I wait for ebay to step in and resolve this? Or should I go ahead pay for shipping and send the bag back? My biggest concern is what if she received the bag and claim that it's not her bag and won't process the refund. She's already saying that the pic showing isn't her bag. Please tell me what I should do to ensure that I will get my money back as this is not a small purchase for me. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• RtnDownloadFile.jpg
    RtnDownloadFile.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 570
Looks like your seller is not going to try to "work it out" with you. So I would stop communicating with them now and wait for eBay to ask her to issue you a return label.
I will do that. Is there any chance I will be forced to keep the bag? I'm just so worried right now. I'm staying away from Ebay from now on.

I have been searching high and low for a Chanel square mini but was not able to find one from retail stores. So I turned to ebay. The pics from the listing weren't clear, so I asked for more pics. The seller provided more pics but they were all dark. She said she's not good at taking pics and it's hard to take pictures with one hand while holding the bag with the other hand. Anyways, out of desperation, I believed all that and decided to make the purchase. (I feel very silly as typing out all these). She also asked me to take the transaction off of ebay and text her on her phone but I refused (very glad I didn't). I received the bag last night and the front color of the bag doesn't match with the CC logo tab and the rest of the bag (see pic below). The discoloration is very obvious in person. I contacted the seller immediately. She responded that's not her bag and that I have changed the camera settings or done something to the pictures. After a lot of back and forth, she said she will take the bag back but I have to pay for shipping. I called Ebay for some guidance and they said the seller should send me the prepaid label and if we can't agree then they will step in after 3 business days.
My question is should I wait for ebay to step in and resolve this? Or should I go ahead pay for shipping and send the bag back? My biggest concern is what if she received the bag and claim that it's not her bag and won't process the refund. She's already saying that the pic showing isn't her bag. Please tell me what I should do to ensure that I will get my money back as this is not a small purchase for me. Thank you so much!
Hi,
Im sorry i know nothing about Chanel but wondering if that's supposed to be like that? I mean the front flap? To match the back only? As i said forgive me as i know nothing about chanel but that was my first though...

Hi,
Im sorry i know nothing about Chanel but wondering if that's supposed to be like that? I mean the front flap? To match the back only? As i said forgive me as i know nothing about chanel but that was my first though...
No worries. The bag isn't supposed to be like that. I've seen that exact bag from the same collection and the bag is in one color. It is definitely a defect.

Oh, no worries here! There's definitely something wrong with that handbag! If you've filed a case, her money is already tied up in PayPal to give you the full refund plus shipping. IMHO Evil Bay always sides with the Buyer and they certainly should in your case.
Don't let this put you off The Bay if you do your due diligence prior to purchase. Check out the seller. Have the handbag authenticated. When a Seller won't give you more and/or great pictures, don't buy it! Those types of things should help you out in the future.
You're good to go, so don't let this bother you. You will win and it will all be okay, and life will go on. Happy Holidays by the way! :drinks:

Chances are, you'll win the case. Your pictures clearly show a color difference between the closure piece and the rest of the bag. Your picture also appears to have the same color difference on the left side of the picture. (Is that side of the bag the same color as the closure?)

I wanted to see the pictures in the listing and spent more time trying to find it. (I should have just asked you to post a link.) Is this it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/chanel-mini...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If that's the listing, you can see a slight color difference showing in pictures 1, 2 and 4. But it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it. I wonder if that's why she doesn't show any pictures of the bag with the turnlock closed.

Oh, no worries here! There's definitely something wrong with that handbag! If you've filed a case, her money is already tied up in PayPal to give you the full refund plus shipping. IMHO Evil Bay always sides with the Buyer and they certainly should in your case.
Don't let this put you off The Bay if you do your due diligence prior to purchase. Check out the seller. Have the handbag authenticated. When a Seller won't give you more and/or great pictures, don't buy it! Those types of things should help you out in the future.
You're good to go, so don't let this bother you. You will win and it will all be okay, and life will go on. Happy Holidays by the way! :drinks:
Thank you so much for your respond. I feel better after reading your kind words. I will definitely do my diligence prior to purchase. I lost my sleep over this last night. Thank you. Happy Holidays to you too :smile:

Chances are, you'll win the case. Your pictures clearly show a color difference between the closure piece and the rest of the bag. Your picture also appears to have the same color difference on the left side of the picture. (Is that side of the bag the same color as the closure?)

I wanted to see the pictures in the listing and spent more time trying to find it. (I should have just asked you to post a link.) Is this it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/chanel-mini-square-/282265096069?hash=item41b84f8f85:g:6hYAAOSw6n5XvZO4&nma=true&si=HYccTfWv5OQJb%2BZqMZgbBqlf9VE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If that's the listing, you can see a slight color difference showing in pictures 1, 2 and 4. But it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it. I wonder if that's why she doesn't show any pictures of the bag with the turnlock closed.
Yes, that is the right listing. I did not see the color difference in those pics. I do think the seller doesn't show any pics of the bag closed to hide the discoloration. I should have questioned that but I was just too excited to find the bag :sad: Lesson learned, I hope Ebay will resolve this soon.

So after I pointed out that the seller asked me to take the sale outside of ebay and text her directly, she has gotten nasty. She called me low, can't afford the bad. I told her that I will not respond to her anymore. So she has asked ebay to step in. I'm super nervous now. I know Ebay has good buyer protection but I'm super nervous. Hopefully I will get my money back soon.