Ebay Selling Restriction Placed - Any Help???

I think your description should stick with the items you are selling then you will be fine. If you really have to mention other brands, you should says Lou*s V**tton, D*or, He*ms, or something like that.

I too am terribly upset with ebay these days. I was a power seller with a good percentage and proper photos and after the big LV overhaul, i found my account suspended and everything for listing authentic fendi and prada.

No kidding craigslist does not pack the sale punch ebay has and really its left me wondering, i have put so much into ebay over the past few years, just for it to end overnight!

We are in the right and when ebay can just blacklist prominent sellers in the community with no good explanation, its kind of sad. Paying their climbing rates is going to be tough on our souls! As far as other general places to list stuff, Id say the handbag community needs a new type of auction site everyone can flock towards. We need to rally and stick together against the ebay monster, too many have suffered...

I too am terribly upset with ebay these days. I was a power seller with a good percentage and proper photos and after the big LV overhaul, i found my account suspended and everything for listing authentic fendi and prada.

No kidding craigslist does not pack the sale punch ebay has and really its left me wondering, i have put so much into ebay over the past few years, just for it to end overnight!

We are in the right and when ebay can just blacklist prominent sellers in the community with no good explanation, its kind of sad. Paying their climbing rates is going to be tough on our souls! As far as other general places to list stuff, Id say the handbag community needs a new type of auction site everyone can flock towards. We need to rally and stick together against the ebay monster, too many have suffered...

You are SOOOO Right! The only ones who benifit from Ebay are the Counterfeiters - Because thier transactions are really multiple on multiple accounts. Buyers are still coming to Ebay, but as more and more 'Authentic' Sellers get Restricted and Suspended - More and More Buyers will purchase fake goods - which means another lawsuit from the Branded Manufacturers.

Check and see if you are being trashed on www.knowknockoffs.com THEY are the ones that are getting legitimate sellers restricted. I too am restricted and have 100% feedback, powerseller, selling AUTHENTIC bags for years. If you don't belong to their little click or say something bad about them, they go and tattle like little high school girls to Ebay. So when Ebay gets ALL of them tattling on your auctions, Ebay restricts you. Call an attorney. I did!

I am not a member so I can't get in. I really don't understand all of this and what is going on. All I know is my account was suspended. ~ why such drastic measures were taken is beyond me. I could have been wrong with the way I described item but I done nothing so wrong and am a member since 2002 with no problems, in good standings to take such action.

Linda

I had a similar situation - Eb@y would only allow me to sell 2 LVs per week and I couldn't revise anything!!!

You have to play by their rules and email trust and safety. No one there has any power to do anything - it is VERY ridiculous!:cursing:

They apparently lifted my restriction after 4-5 days but when I went to revise a listing, the lift "didn't take" according to them. How it didn't take affect in their system is beyond me. They said they would fix it but I haven't checked. Probably not.

My only recommendation would be to try to get this restriction lifted and continue selling. I personally think a bunch of us should start a spin off of Eb@y. If anyone agrees, count me in - I own a consulting firm so I have an idea when it comes to businesses.

Hope that Helps!:smile:

I had a similar situation - Eb@y would only allow me to sell 2 LVs per week and I couldn't revise anything!!!

You have to play by their rules and email trust and safety. No one there has any power to do anything - it is VERY ridiculous!:cursing:

They apparently lifted my restriction after 4-5 days but when I went to revise a listing, the lift "didn't take" according to them. How it didn't take affect in their system is beyond me. They said they would fix it but I haven't checked. Probably not.

My only recommendation would be to try to get this restriction lifted and continue selling. I personally think a bunch of us should start a spin off of Eb@y. If anyone agrees, count me in - I own a consulting firm so I have an idea when it comes to businesses.

Hope that Helps!:smile:

To be honest, I find Ebay's comunicaton and emails very crytic, not sure actually WHAT restrictions have been placed on my account because they dont explain them....

There is no communication with ebay ~ NONE! That is the most aggervating part. Just generic emails. Very poor system for a big company. I don't know FOR SURE what I did or what I do know is that it? Really isn't a fair system at all ~ I don't know for sure how all of this takes. One message says 5 to 10 days and if you don't hear from us fax or email again. ANother says 5 days. No idea
Linda

There is no communication with ebay ~ NONE! That is the most aggervating part. Just generic emails. Very poor system for a big company. I don't know FOR SURE what I did or what I do know is that it? Really isn't a fair system at all ~ I don't know for sure how all of this takes. One message says 5 to 10 days and if you don't hear from us fax or email again. ANother says 5 days. No idea
Linda

Its agitating I know and the worse thing is that there is nothing we can do about it. Can it not be escelated??? Ebay is a 'Company' and I am sure they have trade within goverment regulations, if you have done nothing wrong but spaming... Then WHY the suspension??

E bays head office is in Richmond I was tempted to put on a batman outfit and absail down there building!!
then thought its not worth it
I am considering an online Government petition asking them to really take a good close look at ebay operating
they do not abide by government laws they get away with everything as they are internet based
right now an mp is working to get the law re resale of tickets changed
there press over here at the moment stinks
as they do

Check and see if you are being trashed on www.knowknockoffs.com THEY are the ones that are getting legitimate sellers restricted. I too am restricted and have 100% feedback, powerseller, selling AUTHENTIC bags for years. If you don't belong to their little click or say something bad about them, they go and tattle like little high school girls to Ebay. So when Ebay gets ALL of them tattling on your auctions, Ebay restricts you. Call an attorney. I did!

Wrong. I got suspended and restricted and I'm a member in good standing at KKO. They weren't the ones that got me in trouble at eBay. You are making assumptions that this is what happened to you and others, but you have no proof.

E bays head office is in Richmond I was tempted to put on a batman outfit and absail down there building!!
then thought its not worth it
I am considering an online Government petition asking them to really take a good close look at ebay operating
they do not abide by government laws they get away with everything as they are internet based
right now an mp is working to get the law re resale of tickets changed
there press over here at the moment stinks
as they do

I am in London too, so any info would be great....

Although their 'punishment' was harsh I agree with the reasoning. When you do a search and put click 'also search descriptions' I don't want to come up with your Gucci listing that has nothing to do with Louis Vuitton when I am searching for Louis Vuitton.
But I honestly don't think LV actually contacted them about it - if they were actually working with LV then all those crappy fakes wouls be taken down. It's just something obvious that they can pick on.

Although their 'punishment' was harsh I agree with the reasoning. When you do a search and put click 'also search descriptions' I don't want to come up with your Gucci listing that has nothing to do with Louis Vuitton when I am searching for Louis Vuitton.
But I honestly don't think LV actually contacted them about it - if they were actually working with LV then all those crappy fakes wouls be taken down. It's just something obvious that they can pick on.

Louis Vuitton did not cantact them because I email Louis Vuitton directly for a explanation.

I dont know if its allowed by the Moderators, but if it is, I can post the letter I sent to Ebay here. It actually says in thier rules that it is allowed to add other brands in your listing in certain cirumstances and I would like to make everyone aware of that.

Is it allowed to post the letter??