Ebay sellers do you let buyers send cash ?

I've sent and received cash in the mail before. As long as the cash is properly wrapped in some magazine paper (so anyone holding it up against the light can't see the cash inside the envelope) and then sent via tracking so it's safe.

If you list in your auction that you accept cash, ebay will cancel your auction. If it's for a small amount and the winner requests it, I don't see what the problem would be.

so if the cash was lost, I'd probably get a neg since there is no way to prove or disprove receipt.- I think I'll stick with paypal and money orders - really appreciate your help

I think you made a good call.

I don't accept cash either but I still get an occassional payment through first class mail with no information and an envelope full of cash. Going through transactions to find unpaid items close to the amount isn't fun either. And a couple of times they needed change. What the heck!? I always wonder what the person was thinking. I send the item insured for the full value, require a signature and send the change too.

Cash isn't a good idea. The buyer could say that they sent it, when they didn't. Then open a dispute against you. Plus as stated before, the Post Office doesn't allow cash to be sent through the mail.

I have sent cash - and so far it went ok. I hope it stays that way!
But, it depends on the seller/buyer - like Swanky Mama said, excellent feedback is the key. Also, I would be careful about the amount.
I sent registered, even though the post office does not like that - this way I know whether the other person received their money.

As for concealing cash - obviously no coins, and long time ago someone told me to wrap it in alu foil, bec that way no one could see the money with x-rays?? no idea if that is true or matters, but I wrap cash in foil.

HOwever, there is always risk involved, and I know that there is nothing to protect me, as I send cash. For the seller, I don't see the big deal bec if you haven't signed for anything, you haven't received it.

There was a thread a little while ago by someone who got a cash payment and when she opened the envelope there was no cash and no way to prove it.... so there are some dangers. Maybe you should always open the letter in front of the mailman????

Bottom line on cash in the mail-the sender cannot prove there was cash in the envelope, the receipient can say envelope rec'd with nothing inside-I really do not understand why anyone would send it? Can anyone enlighten me-surely, if you can spend $$$$ on a bag, why would you risk everything for $1.30-I must be missing something here! I just read somewhere else here that you can buy a USPS MO online-again I ask, why cash?