Ebay seller won't respond to emails

pugs2

Sep 23, 2010
I bought a cashmere sweater from an ebay seller 8 days ago and paid as soon as I won. I emailed her 2 days ago to see when she would be shipping the sweater, but she has not responded. I do not understand some of these sellers. I always email and thank my buyers as soon as they pay and then ship the same day. Since she has not responded to me I contacted ebay CS this morning. I cannot believe what the cs rep told me to do. She told me I should leave her negative feedback right now so other buyers will know she is a bad seller, but I do not want to do that. I really want this cashmere sweater and I have not received it yet. Should I open a dispute now or wait another day?

I would give her another few days. I would also "warn" her through a message telling her you will be leaving a neg... Is she still active, ie does she have other items for sale, very recent feedbacks,...?

I would give her another few days. I would also "warn" her through a message telling her you will be leaving a neg... Is she still active, ie does she have other items for sale, very recent feedbacks,...?

Yes, she does have 10 other items for sale and left feedback for a buyer yesterday. She seems to be ignoring me.

Seller is probably busy. Plus, is seller in the same area as you? I've heard that delivery has been slow for international but maybe that won't apply to you. Give her another day and then open INR case.

Do NOT threaten negative feedback. That's considered feedback extortion and is a violation.

What you can do is contact her and let her know that since it's been over a week and she isn't responding to your attempts at contact that you'll file for non-receipt in x-number of days.

^^Beenburned is of course right. I may not have put what I wanted to say in the correct phrase. What I meant to say is to communicate with the seller, I was definitely not trying to tell you to threaten her! :smile:

I would open the dispute. Especially because she isn't responding. Sounds like a bad seller if she takes that long to ship something. That's why everyone should print a shipping label on paypal so the buyer gets a email with the tracking number.

Seller took up to a little more than a week to not ship an item?? That's a ding in the seller's ratings. At least she had the courtesy to reply back. Good luck with the whole situation.