eBay Seller japan_monoshare

Has anyone purchased from them? Experiences?
Proven to sell authentic merchandise?
I did a search for their name on the forum on only a couple posts popped up, which were primarily members looking for authentications.
Good or bad - I think members should be informed
Looking at some of the listings on eBay - auctions seem to be going for fairly low costs.

http://stores.ebay.com/monoshare?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Last weekend I purchased a LV from them, I was curious about if it had any odor so I asked, this was their reply....

Thank you for your purchase.

All item we are dealing are pre-owned and vintage items with any kind of odor come from somebody else home.

If you concern about odor, we truly recommend you to cancel the item.

As you might have been aware, odor is subjective, not objective.

To some people, it is offensive. Others just do not care.

Thank you and best regards,

japan_monoshare
Customer Support
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Japan Time

I said thank you for their response and that I was just curious.
I then received a 2nd email from them that said this…(after they had shipped the bag)…

Hello,

We have checked the item odor and it had very strong smell of rotten fish mixed with cigarette, cannot corp with it.

Your item, therefore, is cancelled with refund.

Best regards,

japan_monoshare
Customer Support

So I’m here wondering if it’s true and what to do!?! I guess now I should also expect to be blocked by them.

They refunded, even though its shipped??? lol
But that's a very... Unique way of describing the odour..

Most likely after this transaction, you will be blocked. It seems like the company couldn't cope with Canadian customs because I can't even search the company using eBay Canada any more. LOL

Let us know if the smell is truly bad when you receive the shipment.

Last weekend I purchased a LV from them, I was curious about if it had any odor so I asked, this was their reply....

Thank you for your purchase.

All item we are dealing are pre-owned and vintage items with any kind of odor come from somebody else home.

If you concern about odor, we truly recommend you to cancel the item.

As you might have been aware, odor is subjective, not objective.

To some people, it is offensive. Others just do not care.

Thank you and best regards,

japan_monoshare
Customer Support

I said thank you for their response and that I was just curious.
I then received a 2nd email from them that said this…(after they had shipped the bag)…

Hello,

We have checked the item odor and it had very strong smell of rotten fish mixed with cigarette, cannot corp with it.

Your item, therefore, is cancelled with refund.

Best regards,

japan_monoshare
Customer Support

So I’m here wondering if it’s true and what to do!?! I guess now I should also expect to be blocked by them.

They refunded, even though its shipped??? lol
But that's a very... Unique way of describing the odour..

Most likely after this transaction, you will be blocked. It seems like the company couldn't cope with Canadian customs because I can't even search the company using eBay Canada any more. LOL

Let us know if the smell is truly bad when you receive the shipment.

They haven’t refunded yet. They sent me this response after they had sent the package, so I’m waiting to see if it leaves Tokyo to come to me or if it returns to them,

In my experience they aren’t a good company to deal with. I recently purchased a bag and when it arrived it had cracks in the vachetta. No where in the description did it ever say it had cracks in the vachetta or I would have stayed far away. I sent them an email and they kept sending me the same canned response, that their items were vintage and the buyer should expect cracks. I said that was misleading and should’ve been included in the description and shown in the pictures. They said if you’re unhappy to send the bag back, but I don’t trust them to do the right thing, and I don’t want to waste my time and energy. I decided to keep it, but I won’t ever buy from them again. They’re shady for sure!

If you got refunded, I’d consider yourself lucky and move on. There are plenty of Japanese resellers who are more reputable and better to do business with. Can you imagine if you got a purse that smelled like fish and cigarettes, had to pay customs on it, and then try to return it for your money? What a nightmare! It sounds like you dodged a bullet so to speak;)

If you got refunded, I’d consider yourself lucky and move on. There are plenty of Japanese resellers who are more reputable and better to do business with. Can you imagine if you got a purse that smelled like fish and cigarettes, had to pay customs on it, and then try to return it for your money? What a nightmare! It sounds like you dodged a bullet so to speak;)
So far I’ve not received a refund, and looks as though they’ve sent me the bag. But as of this moment it is still in Tokyo. So I’m waiting to see the update on the tracking to see if it’s returned to them or sent on to me.

Reactions: shishkabob
So far I’ve not received a refund, and looks as though they’ve sent me the bag. But as of this moment it is still in Tokyo. So I’m waiting to see the update on the tracking to see if it’s returned to them or sent on to me.
Good luck, keep us updated. I’d love to know if they refund you like they say they’ll do, and if you receive the bag.

Did you get your refund?
No, they sent the package before they said that it was canceled. So now I’m waiting to see if it’s going to leave Japan. They have to get the bag back before they will refund me the money.
If it actually arrives to me (in Italy), I will have to decide to accept the package (and pay the tax) or decline it.

noefront.jpg
My bag arrived, just smells like storage (not fish thank goodness!). It looks just like the pictures, I made sure to look at everything closely. Now I just need to clean her up a bit. I’ve uploaded a picture of it.
I would love to see your "after" picture of the bag.
I just purchased one from another Japanese seller and posted in the authenticator thread waiting for lovely ms. lovlouisvuitton to confirm authenticity of the bag before I clean mine.

I had two purchases from Japan Monoshare. 1. was a vintage YSL. Great price and bag. Ordered a LV Noe and ended up returning it because it was not as described at all. Listed as minor cracks in the leather, but the actual leather was so dried and cracked up it was missing in sections. To me that is not minor. Also no photos of the damaged area were provided in the listing. The return was easy and mailed back to the USA for free. I was so happy it went off with no issues at all. Fast forward, I tried to bid again and realized I was blocked. So you win some and you loose some I guess.