Ebay seller cancels transaction bec she said she listed item too low

evesorto

O.G.
Nov 5, 2009
Is this acceptable? I want this item. I did buy it now and paid. An hour or two later seller cancelled transaction and refunded. I was sent something from ebay. I did NOT agree to cancel, still money has been refunded. Is this allowed. I'm livid. I've bought from thehuangfamily and paid TOP dollar on red/cr cb wallet and key cles ($1500 for the two), now I finally get a decent price on something and she cancels.....I'm floored...I can't believe this is acceptable....anybody have any info on this???? thanks in advance.
Eve
Here was my buy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ZHy2cTI%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It is not acceptable if you do not agree to the cancelled transaction. They were supposed to notify you through eBay by starting a case, before they refunded you via PayPal. I am not sure what you can do, but I would not deal with them. Most of their stuff is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. I believe that you may be able to start a case though.

That is despicable. She could have put the item up for auction with a "reserve" set at the minimum price she would accept. Start a case through the Resolution Center and make sure ebay has a copy of the reason she rescinded the deal; ebay will take action.

Are you saying she accepted your best offer and after you paid, she refunded?

Was there any reason given?

If the seller filed for a mutual and you don't want to cancel the transaction, decline the mutual and she won't get her FVF back.

Also, you can file NPS (non-performing seller).

Are you saying she accepted your best offer and after you paid, she refunded?

Was there any reason given?

If the seller filed for a mutual and you don't want to cancel the transaction, decline the mutual and she won't get her FVF back.

Also, you can file NPS (non-performing seller).

She said that she accidently listed it lower due to other items that she was listing. Still, is this my problem? I did BIN and paid. Two hours later, money is refunded and I'm told that I'm not getting "my" bag. Not nice.
Eve

If you don't agree, they lose like 60 bucks. So let that be their penalty, plus a nps strike and a neg for nps. That's all you can do tho. It is kind of like a "mismarked" item in a store. Some honor it, some don't.

Not nice. I have set up bin too low many time and later regretted it. (usually it sells in minutes is how I know I went too low...) But I always send. The reality is, it is worth it to get the $ now, not worry about a return or fraud bc the winner got a good deal than to wait 7 days, who knows who will win, if they are serious, and if they are trouble. Plus, bidding may not even bring as much for the item!

Last edited:
^not sure what you mean she will get the chanel maybe?

eBay will give them a strike for nps, but it is like a warning is all. This seller has no other negs, maybe you can ask her to honor your bid to avoid the nps strike and nps feedback! I do NOT think it is feedback extortion to threaten a neg simply to have the auction terms honored...that is the whole point of feedback (at least for sellers.)

There is really nothing you can do about it other than report her as a non-performing seller (slap on the wrist). Ebay can't force a seller to sell something any more than they can force a buyer to pay for something.

Did the seller send you a mutual cancellation through Ebay or did they just cancel the sale with you? There's a difference. She appears to be a good seller and if she made an honest mistake in her price (it does happen), she probably will not send you a mutual cancellation knowing that she is the one who made the error. But you may want to think about this. You've done business with her in the past and wanted to do even more business with her with this particular transaction. You obviously thought she was a good seller. Perhaps she DID make an honest mistake in her price? Then why not agree to the mutual cancellation so that she can get her fees back? It won't hurt you in any way to do it. Just something to think about. Good luck finding the bag you want! It's beautiful!

I agree that their items are priced too high. And I noticed that the shipping for the item was $80.00? Wow.
I would report them as nps also. Until we start dealing with the silliness on ebay, things will never improve there.