Ebay seller Brand_Jfa

For those continuing to consult this thread since this seller is still active, I have purchased a bag and everything was great. I bought an LV Speedy 30 in mono, for like, a crazy price. I think it was maybe $188..? Which included the shipping.

It IS hella old; in February 2018 it will turn thirty! The vachetta is super dark, but I don’t mind that, and there was what in the listing appeared to be a GIGANTIC white smear on one end piece. I took a chance guessing it would wipe off, and it did; no idea what it was but off it went. Also it wasn’t as huge a scuff as the exxxtreeeme closeup photos made it out to be. It did have a SLIGHT closet-y smell, but a box of baking soda and the ‘Good Air’ gel canister Yankee Candle sells nipped it in the bud in a few days.
The bag was priced totally fair for the condition. It is authentic. I deliberately chose an older bag at a cheaper price so I wouldn’t be too hampered if I got burned.
But it’s very nice and it shipped FAST. I paid Friday afternoon unfortunately, because Japan is half a day ahead of me so the Mail was closed till Monday (Sunday evening for me). But it went out FIRST THING Monday, was in the USA less than twenty hours later, cleared customs fast, and I got it Tuesday. It came DHL and I paid no customs or DHL fees. I would absolutely buy again.

For those wondering where these Japanese mega-sellers get all the inventory (implying it must be fake), Japan is a HUGE luxury market. They buy WAY more of it than the USA. I believe they are LV’s largest market, though possibly China may be by now. It is a pervasive lifestyle in Japan. That’s a whole separate thread I’ll start at some point, but please be assured the fact there is so much of it is NOT a red flag.
My experience with brand jfa was great and I’ll buy again when the bag is right!!

I’m interested in this seller’s listings for a vintage crossbody style that seems very rare. They’ve listed 2-3 of these bags at a time, for the past few months, and no other seller seems to have this style. I had a sent them a few questions via eBay about an item that was nearly ending. Their response was quick, only it was in generic English and didn’t answer any of my questions. Soon after, they re-listed the same style again with a more inflated price. Listings jumped from $1900ish to $3500ish! It’s unfortunate they don’t have the “offer” option because I swoon when I see that bag, but I can’t justify spending that much for a vintage crossbody.

Old thread, but thought I'd share my experience with this seller. I bought from them a while back and honestly, it was juuuussst ok. For anyone curious, shipping is fast, authenticity was cleared.

My main issue is that their photos make the item look better than it actually is. Based on what I've read on their previous feedback, I am not the first person to comment on this. A good majority of their items are rated as AB, which could mean anything. I can't imagine what condition their B items are and I'd suggest anyone who is looking to avoid those grade items if possible. Thankfully I was able to restore the item I bought, but I was hoping I didn't have to at the degree I did.

I don't know if I'd ever order from them again, but if I do I'll make sure I check and check the photos before I decide to bite the bullet.

Another nitpick, I've also noticed that their prices have slowly been increasing, but I guess that comes with the fact that they've become very popular in the secondhand market. Anyway, my .02 cents.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I bought my first Chanel vintage m/l black lambskin with gold hardware from this seller. Very reliable and the bag was exactly as featured. I got it authenticated through two different companies. Also, was in Chanel and she verified it was real although they do not do this as a service. I loved this seller and if I'm in the market to get another vintage piece I would use him again! :heart:

Good information thanks! I know this is an older post, but which companies did you use for your authentication?

Old thread, but thought I'd share my experience with this seller. I bought from them a while back and honestly, it was juuuussst ok. For anyone curious, shipping is fast, authenticity was cleared.

My main issue is that their photos make the item look better than it actually is. Based on what I've read on their previous feedback, I am not the first person to comment on this. A good majority of their items are rated as AB, which could mean anything. I can't imagine what condition their B items are and I'd suggest anyone who is looking to avoid those grade items if possible. Thankfully I was able to restore the item I bought, but I was hoping I didn't have to at the degree I did.

I don't know if I'd ever order from them again, but if I do I'll make sure I check and check the photos before I decide to bite the bullet.

Another nitpick, I've also noticed that their prices have slowly been increasing, but I guess that comes with the fact that they've become very popular in the secondhand market. Anyway, my .02 cents.

What did you do to restore the bag? Do you happen to have before and after pictures?

I am considering buying from brand_jfa but am a bit nervous due to all the comments. I have never bought pre-loved from ebay, I have always been too worried I would get a piece that isn't authentic. I have heard that ebay has gotten stricter with their standards when it come to fakes now and that the Japanese sellers are the best. Any additional experiences would be very helpful and if I do end up buying from them I will come back and let everyone know about my experience.

What did you do to restore the bag? Do you happen to have before and after pictures?

I am considering buying from brand_jfa but am a bit nervous due to all the comments. I have never bought pre-loved from ebay, I have always been too worried I would get a piece that isn't authentic. I have heard that ebay has gotten stricter with their standards when it come to fakes now and that the Japanese sellers are the best. Any additional experiences would be very helpful and if I do end up buying from them I will come back and let everyone know about my experience.
I'm sorry, I didn't get this notification until now. Unfortunately, I don't have before and after pics, but the main issue was the bag was very dry and I had to use a lot of leather conditioner to revive the suppleness. From the pics that were shown on ebay, I didn't think I would need to do this. It wasn't bad, but it was definitely not "better than described" compared to others' reviews here. I wouldn't say I was disappointed but rather underwhelmed.

On the other hand I bought another bag from them a year later (which I didn't mention here) and it turned out to be much better than the pics. I also got a shoulder pad, which I wasn't expecting since the listing didn't show the bag came with it. I was expecting it to be much worse considering my first experience, so that was a happy surprise.

As long as you look at the pics carefully and do your homework, I wouldn't worry about getting a fake. What you see is what you get and I've yet to hear brand_jfa pull a "bait-n-switch". I'm not sure why some of the negative reviewers complain about getting a fake item because you'd think that if you were going to spend that kind of money, you'd at least look at the pics and have them authenticated before committing to buy.

I'm sorry, I didn't get this notification until now. Unfortunately, I don't have before and after pics, but the main issue was the bag was very dry and I had to use a lot of leather conditioner to revive the suppleness. From the pics that were shown on ebay, I didn't think I would need to do this. It wasn't bad, but it was definitely not "better than described" compared to others' reviews here. I wouldn't say I was disappointed but rather underwhelmed.

On the other hand I bought another bag from them a year later (which I didn't mention here) and it turned out to be much better than the pics. I also got a shoulder pad, which I wasn't expecting since the listing didn't show the bag came with it. I was expecting it to be much worse considering my first experience, so that was a happy surprise.

As long as you look at the pics carefully and do your homework, I wouldn't worry about getting a fake. What you see is what you get and I've yet to hear brand_jfa pull a "bait-n-switch". I'm not sure why some of the negative reviewers complain about getting a fake item because you'd think that if you were going to spend that kind of money, you'd at least look at the pics and have them authenticated before committing to buy.

Thank you so much for that information!!! I am getting closer and closer to the idea of making my first LV purchase from ebay and this info is super helpful. Can I ask what leather conditioner you used to restore you bag? I hear people talk about so many and wonder which is the best. Thanks!

Has anyone in Canada bought a bag from brand_jfa on EBay? What were your experiences with paying duties?
I know this is an old question, but answering in case it helps others. I anticipated paying about $150 on a $550 purchase, using a duty calculator, but paid about 1/3 of what I expected.

However, if I purchase again in the future i’ll still anticipate paying the full amount when making my decision.

I know this is an old question, but answering in case it helps others. I anticipated paying about $150 on a $550 purchase, using a duty calculator, but paid about 1/3 of what I expected.

However, if I purchase again in the future i’ll still anticipate paying the full amount when making my decision.
It's better to be pleasantly surprised when you're charged less than you budgeted than to be disappointed and shocked if you underestimated the charge!

I wanna share my experience, which was pleasant for the most part. I bought a Hermes Birkin 35 on a Friday morning (which was off business hours in Japan). They shipped it out the following Monday morning via DHL. I received updates from DHL that payment was needed for customs on Tuesday early morning. I paid it off immediately. And I received the bag in Tuesday afternoon! The shipping was extraordinary fast and my bag got delivered one day earlier than scheduled. I have the bag authenticated by bababebi and she deemed it authentic!

The item description is pretty accurate. I’m happy with the condition.

The only problem is that I asked them if the bag was repainted or touched-up on the corners, since I noticed a tiny scuff/dent on one of the corners, but the scuff/dent is not white-ish. But they don’t know, even after asking the person whom they got the bag from.

Last edited:
I’ve had good experiences with them. I know some of the items have condition issues so I adjust my expectations accordingly for the lower price. One thing that I have noticed is that they have poor inventory control and sometimes have to cancel. I noticed that they were recently selling the exact item that I bought 5 years ago with the same minuscule scuff marks and a distinctive mark inside. The item is still in my closet so I sent them a note. They were very polite and said it was a mistake (obviously!) and removed the listing.

Reactions: BeenBurned