eBay Safety Tips for Buying & Selling

Thank you whateve, I bought a bottega rialto 2 months back, the quality is perfect, but I will take it to the main bottega store to check it out. Thanks again!!
You're welcome! Most manufacturers won't authenticate. They don't like to encourage sales on the secondary market, and their employees aren't trained to authenticate. You are better off getting it authenticated by an authenticator.

You're welcome! Most manufacturers won't authenticate. They don't like to encourage sales on the secondary market, and their employees aren't trained to authenticate. You are better off getting it authenticated by an authenticator.

I took the bag to Bottega Veneta Bloomingdales, and the sales assistant was more than helpful. He took a bag from display and was comparing them for me. The bag turned out to be authentic!!!

Hi guys,

This is a great thread. Coz I love eBay myself but sometimes I do worry about the authenticity of the stuff I purchase.

I wonder if any of you could help me identify if this eBay seller sell real stuff or not.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/laylarunning88?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2754

this seller has 100% positive feedback on her 803 transactions.

this is the bag I want to get.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321771041109

Thank you in advance guys :smile:

I know this is and old request, but you can post in our authentication threads (there's one in each subform) to get items authenticated by members. Note there are instructions on the first pages of most of those threads. Also, the authentications are done by volunteers, so they each may have their own preferences about what they will do and what they won't. It's an awesome resource though.

Lots of great advice on this thread. For those using Tyvek security tags, eBay will only consider them part of the listing if they are included as part of the listing description/ photos otherwise they don't accept the security tag removal as an altered item

hi , I am wondering about safety as far as selling on ebay, I listed my brand new Jumbo Chanel which is quite expensive , got a buyer who purchased (haven't paid yet), buyer requested my information from eBay, the buyer doesn't have any previous feedback. could this be a scam? also is it safe ? could any potential buyer track my info or find out where I live ?

hi , I am wondering about safety as far as selling on ebay, I listed my brand new Jumbo Chanel which is quite expensive , got a buyer who purchased (haven't paid yet), buyer requested my information from eBay, the buyer doesn't have any previous feedback. could this be a scam? also is it safe ? could any potential buyer track my info or find out where I live ?
DO NOT sell the bag to her and block her. There are many warning signs and just not worth it. Do not respond to her messages and be extremely careful selling your bag.

Yes I did , thank you again for taking the time to warn me. That person is located in Arkansas and I am in California , otherwise I would have been worried to death. ( I still am worried they were able to get my info online )

Although some new buyers are honest, I would be inclined to not sell such a high value item to someone with no feedback and consider canceling the transaction. If something goes wrong with a high value transaction or the buyer makes an untrue claim about the bags authenticity or condition, eBay backs the buyer in the majority of cases.

For the future, you have an option where can set your buyer requirements to block bidders without feedback or in countries you don't ship to etc. you can cancel bids from suspect buyers before the auction ends or block them.

In terms of contact information, usually contact information is only requested by the buyer if they are not getting a response from the seller via normal eBay messaging. I think the registered eBay postal address and phone number are provided.

Although some new buyers are honest, I would be inclined to not sell such a high value item to someone with no feedback and consider canceling the transaction. If something goes wrong with a high value transaction or the buyer makes an untrue claim about the bags authenticity or condition, eBay backs the buyer in the majority of cases.

For the future, you have an option where can set your buyer requirements to block bidders without feedback or in countries you don't ship to etc. you can cancel bids from suspect buyers before the auction ends or block them.

In terms of contact information, usually contact information is only requested by the buyer if they are not getting a response from the seller via normal eBay messaging. I think the registered eBay postal address and phone number are provided.
You can't block bidders with no feedback.

Hi! I found my HG bag on EBay, seller is open to offers and I sent an offer. she did not accept but gave her final price to which I am agreeing to. I asked photos to have the bag authenticated by bababebi. I have yet to receive the authentication report.

I plan to purchase through PayPal using a credit card, tips I got upon reading this thread.

Does anyone have an experience as a buyer when buying using best offer format? She ended the listing while I am having the bag authenticated. I assume she will relist and I will have to buy from the new listing? Many thanks. It's my first time buying an expensive item on eBay and have no idea what to do :smile: