Ebay removing all previous handbag listings!!

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Scotland
A couple of days ago one of my designer (authentic) handbags was removed from ebay saying trademark infringement.

I awoke this morning to an email saying they had removed a further 4 completed listing - all authentic handbags due to a violation and I know have to take a tutorial.

I am very worried that ebay will have contacted my buyers and I will have a stream of people thinking that I sold them fake goods. And, then I have those people demanding refunds as they will have been spooked by this activity.

All my items were authentic, purchased by myself and most came with receipts.

Why is ebay doing this, I feel I am being punished for being a good ebayer with over 1000 feedback and selling authentic good.

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Scotland
Thanks, i'm so worried my buyers will now get in touch and want refunds, I recycle my bags and therefore buy new ones as soon as one is rehomed.

twochubbycheeks

..just KEEP swimming
Aug 18, 2007
OMG! what is wrong with them--EBAY!!!!

Geesh.. now, I'm worried myself that this might happen to me too. This is terrible!

pegasuscom

Apr 11, 2008
What would be the point of removing completed listings? If *bay really wants all of the individual sellers to leave, I wish they would just send an email instead of creating all this chaos.

tireebabe, so sorry that you are having to deal with these confusing actions.

Sallyanne

AKA Shoppingsally
May 30, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
Has anyone ever obtained formal legal advice on the ability of ebay to remove listings on a seemingly random basis, and, amongst other things, damage a seller's reputation, and possibly ruin a bona fide business? Perhaps an action could be successful under common law or restraint of trade laws. Free market principles do not encourage this sort of behavior.:cursing:

gro3602

EX TPFER DONE HERE
Apr 17, 2006
Wow, this is really terrible.

I'm very curious as to the outcome w/ your situation.

Did you call them to find out why your listings (especially completed) were removed?

Which designer bags did you sell? (Again curious as it seems that the LV's are the ones targeted most often).

Regarding the completed listings, how long ago did the auction end?

Please keep us posted and good luck to you!

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Scotland
Wow, this is really terrible.

I'm very curious as to the outcome w/ your situation.

Did you call them to find out why your listings (especially completed) were removed?

Which designer bags did you sell? (Again curious as it seems that the LV's are the ones targeted most often).

Regarding the completed listings, how long ago did the auction end?

Please keep us posted and good luck to you!
Hi, the listings were between last wk and 8 wks ago. All Chloe and Mulberry listings. I've called them but they can't help me, I have to wait on the specific team answering my email.

I don't know if my buyers have been contacted or not. If I were them I would be cautious.

It's around £1k worth of bags altogether, all 100% authentic.

It's unbelievable

jjyounger

Judy
Feb 1, 2008
Memphis, TN
tireebabe, I have known *$%Bay to remove completed listings before. And when that happens, they DO send an email to the buyer. It happened to a friend recently regarding an authentic LV. She emailed the buyer and told her that it was because she did not put a disclaimer in her auction (although she truly did not know why the listing was removed). I agree that this would definitely give a buyer a very bad feeling and might easily result in chargebacks and/or returns for refunds. I would continue to call EvilBay until they give you some help. This sounds like either total ignorance, as usual, on *Bay's part or pure harassment. Bug the heck out of them, sweetie! Strange, isn't it, how they seem to focus on those of us with high fb numbers and good customer service records. :cursing:

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Scotland
tireebabe, I have known *$%Bay to remove completed listings before. And when that happens, they DO send an email to the buyer. It happened to a friend recently regarding an authentic LV. She emailed the buyer and told her that it was because she did not put a disclaimer in her auction (although she truly did not know why the listing was removed). I agree that this would definitely give a buyer a very bad feeling and might easily result in chargebacks and/or returns for refunds. I would continue to call EvilBay until they give you some help. This sounds like either total ignorance, as usual, on *Bay's part or pure harassment. Bug the heck out of them, sweetie! Strange, isn't it, how they seem to focus on those of us with high fb numbers and good customer service records. :cursing:
Thanks, it's shocking. why remove items that go back 6-8wks? Feedback has been left the buyers are very happy...why remove them?

If you put an item for sale in your local news paper they couldn't come back 2 months later and say....Hey that item shouldn't have been sold.

jjyounger

Judy
Feb 1, 2008
Memphis, TN
Thanks, it's shocking. why remove items that go back 6-8wks? Feedback has been left the buyers are very happy...why remove them?
If you put an item for sale in your local news paper they couldn't come back 2 months later and say....Hey that item shouldn't have been sold.

You are absolutely right! It makes no sense to me, either. My friend's completed listing was cancelled while the bag was on its way to the buyer. I've never heard of this before. That's why I would be on the telephone with *Bay until I got results. Sooner or later, you will hopefully reach someone who can help you. I will be very interested in what they have to say. So sorry you're having to endure this!