eBay Removed Negative Feedback I Left for a Seller of Fakes

caannie

Mother of Dachshunds
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Long story short, I purchased an LV wallet on eBay. The pictures looked fine, but you never know until you get it in the mail. I received a fake. I opened a SNAD return based on condition (it was listed as New without tags, and it was scuffed). Seller didn't respond to return, but told me to send it back via eBay messaging. As soon as it was sent back she started accusing me of damaging it for a return. I told her it was fake. She went crazy, name calling, saying I was poor and couldn't afford it, etc.

As soon as she received it she escalated the case (it wasn't available to escalate until this morning) saying I damaged it for a return. I won the case and got a refund. She left false positive (negative) feedback which I had removed.

I posted the following negative for her:
"Hostile Seller, Fake Louis Vuitton, Nightmare Transaction." Somehow she got eBay to remove it. Now she can once again sell her fake wallet.

eBay ID is boldandbeautiful12. She's a complete scumbag.

How did she get the negative removed? Because I got a refund? She didn't give it to me, eBay did.

Btw, this is the second time I've left a well earned negative for a seller after I won a dispute and it got removed. The first one was for a big seller, but this one is small time.

Was your seller in the USA? That happened to me once when the seller was in another country that had laws which allowed for a feedback removal upon request. I think it was Germany but other countries do require feedback/negative comment removal upon request in accordance with privacy laws.

Sellers are able to do this far too often.

Some are said to have inside contacts that will do it for them. Can't say for sure if this is true, but it appears to be based on incidental observations.

We know for certain that some have an inside track to the Community Team and board moderators.

Reactions: caannie
eBay removed my negative feedback too. It's annoying why eBay allows this.

I think in your case, eBay allowed removal because you mentioned "fake". I think I read somewhere it's not allowed, unless there's proof/certification.

I think in your case, eBay allowed removal because you mentioned "fake". I think I read somewhere it's not allowed, unless there's proof/certification.
I was thinking that might be why, but they are getting very picky then. Meanwhile, if you look at the feedback my seller has left for others it's horrific. Most are negatives accusing other people of selling HER fakes (probably where she got my wallet from). But she managed to get her one negative removed? Crazy.

I just hope she got a defect for the SNAD and another for the false positive feedback.

I've never heard that "rule." In fact, there have been feedbacks for authentic items where the buyers were wrongly accusing sellers and ebay has left the feedback stating that it's the buyer's opinion.

I have no idea why they removed it. @caannie, I'd call and ask why because you didn't mention dispute, investigation or any of the other no-no terms that do qualify for removal.

Reactions: whateve
I've never heard that "rule." In fact, there have been feedbacks for authentic items where the buyers were wrongly accusing sellers and ebay has left the feedback stating that it's the buyer's opinion.

I have no idea why they removed it. @caannie, I'd call and ask why because you didn't mention dispute, investigation or any of the other no-no terms that do qualify for removal.
I tried to call yesterday but the wait was too long even with eBay Concierge. Last time this happened the eBay staffer basically said there was nothing they can do. I'll try chat maybe.

Full transcript. I'm thinking @N.M.Nevuhmynd has a point. There's some dirty, backdoor BS going on with this one.
Screenshot_20180811-141943.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180811-141952.png
    Screenshot_20180811-141952.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot_20180811-142003.png
    Screenshot_20180811-142003.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 238
The only thing fishy is that it happens all the time. The Community Boards are full of similar examples. The only thing odd is that the ID has so little FB. It doesn't appear they have the experience to know how to get them cleared. So, some possibilities:

They have other IDs with higher volume that gives them the experience and contacts.

This was a courtesy removal in the same vein as courtesy refunds.

They went totally berserk when they called and browbeat/scared the rep into removing it.