Ebay removed my listing??? Trademark issues

tomodachi

Sep 14, 2006
hi

ebay just removed my 5 LV listings w/ following reasons

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

The rights owner, LVMH FASHION GROUP, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorized replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorized by that company, don't sell it on eBay.

The sale of counterfeits and unauthorized replicas of branded products is unlawful and not permitted on eBay

Has anyone got similar message ?? I will LVMH and Ebay customer support to ask more questions

Thanks

hi

ebay just removed my 5 LV listings w/ following reasons

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

The rights owner, LVMH FASHION GROUP, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorized replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorized by that company, don't sell it on eBay.

The sale of counterfeits and unauthorized replicas of branded products is unlawful and not permitted on eBay

Has anyone got similar message ?? I will LVMH and Ebay customer support to ask more questions

Thanks

Try adding something like

Legal Disclaimer
Please note that I am not an authorized dealer or associate of any of the designers, brands, or manufactures that are offered in my auctions. All trademarks, brand names, and logos mentioned are used for identification purposes only and are registered trademarks of their respective owners who reserve the rights of ownership. The use of any trademark, brand name or product in our auctions is not intended to suggest that the company, trademark or brand is affiliated or endorses these auctions. Items are sold from my personal collection purchased for personal use only.

I had 2 listings pulled and they were both for trade mark violations. I always put a disclamer in my listings that I do not work for or represent Louis Vuitton. I guess they are trying to get rid of small ebay sellers and using the trade mark violations as an excuse? If there was a place as big as ebay to sell my LV I would go there in a heart beat. I am tired of all the hassels with ebay and all the stress that they are putting small sellers through!

LVMommy:

Do you include a statement such as:

Items are sold from my personal collection purchased for personal use only.

or

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1. VERO , Please do not remove my listing. This handbag is from my personal collection and I only have this one. This handbag is 100% authentic. I do not resell brand new handbags.[/FONT]

By reading their email, what is their reason removing my listings?

is it authenticity issues or trademark issues

Will it work If I put disclaimer on my listing?

I will wait for response from ebay first...

thanks

Unfortunately, when the rights owner (in this case LVMH) requests that eBay remove a listing, they normally make the request without revealing to eBay why they did so. So eBay may not know what to tell you. I would definitely wait a couple of weeks, minimum, and then perhaps relist with one of the disclaimers already posted. If VERO is still watching for your auctions and you relist, you could be suspended from eBay. I have not had this happen with LV, but I have had it happen with Chanel. My only option was to ship the bag in question to Chanel's attorneys in California to prove that it was authentic - a lengthy process. You might do well in this case to have the bags authenticated via My Poupette or caroldiva prior to relisting. Good luck! :yes:

LVMommy:

Do you include a statement such as:

Items are sold from my personal collection purchased for personal use only.

or

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. VERO , Please do not remove my listing. This handbag is from my personal collection and I only have this one. This handbag is [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]100% authentic. I do not resell brand new handbags.[/FONT]

Yea, I usually include with the disclaimer that the items are from my personal collection. Good to know. If I am allowed to sell LV on ebay again I will add the VERO statement to the listing. Thanks!

Many of us are dealing with the unfair listing removal for trade mark infringement. I emailed ebay to see if they would consider Carol Diva or Mypoupette authenticfication prior to listing my LV items and they said no. They also said that they are in no position to judge or verify if items are authentic. They are so clueless! I wasn't asking them to authenticate my items. Duh. I sent another email and they still insisted that they don't want it authenticated prior to listing. They suggested that I review their policy on counterfit/replicas and list other items to keep my ebay account in good standing. WTH? Ebay knows exactly what they are doing. I guess the real reason that ebay doesn't want small sellers on ebay selling LV is that they don't want to risk more lawsuits from LV. They are underminig the free market and deceptively driving sellers away from selling LV on ebay. It seems like it's their new status quo to restrict all small sellers from selling designer items by claiming trademark violation. I hope that I am wrong. :tdown: