eBay question

Alana1981

O.G.
Mar 16, 2006
Hi,

I am new to eBay but very interested in using it to find deals on bags. I have been doing some reading and was wondering if it is possible to win an auction without sniping? Is this something you have to do?

The only way to win an auction, whether sniping or not, is to be the high bidder. So if there is something you want, bid the absolute highest you will go and leave it at that. WHEN you make the bid is not nearly as important as HOW MUCH you bid.

HTH!

If you want the item, place the highest amount you will pay for it.

If someone is going to snipe, their bid will have to be higher than yours

or just stay on the item until the last possible moment and place your bid,, which I think

is about 3 seconds before the bidding ends

We had a few things go up after the auction ended because bids were fighting against each other in cyberspace. Proxy bid is the name for the bidding mentioned above. Bid the top price you will pay before auction end and eBay will bid for you in set amounts depending on different bid levels. Search proxy bid in the A-Z help section of eBay.

We had one bid stop around $900 at auction end, but went up for about a minute more and ended at $1326. No sniping program I know would have won that unless you did the same thing that Proxy people do, put in the highest bid.