eBay pulled my Item, saying that it was a fake

chloe speaks

scootering!
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
I am Re-Selling a pair of Christian Louboutins that I had purchased myself off Bonanzle as NIB from a seller which has been known to deal in authentic goods. It is a pair of Louboutins and it looks to be the real thing to me (and I have several pairs). Also, the authenticators on the Louboutin board also believe it to be authentic.

What can I do? What recourse do I have?

eBay's official letter said that it was Christian Louboutin trademark infringement!

I had bids on it and everything :sad:

Last edited:
did you get them yet? if you have them and determine they're fake you can still file a claim and get your money back. its also possible that their "authenticators" made a mistake. it happens. either way, you should be covered by ebay, pp, and your cc, so i wouldnt worry too much

oh, gotcha. i think you can take pics and such and send them to the email address they give in the email you got. you can also ask the original seller if they had receipts, etc, that would help you with the "claim." hopefully someone can get back to you with details after you do that. Sorry this happened, hopefully you can get it figured out!

I am Re-Selling a pair of Christian Louboutins that I had purchased myself off Bonanzle as NIB from a seller which has been known to deal in authentic goods. It is a pair of Louboutins and it looks to be the real thing to me (and I have several pairs). Also, the authenticators on the Louboutin board also believe it to be authentic.

What can I do? What recourse do I have?

eBay's official letter said that it was Christian Louboutin trademark infringement!

I had bids on it and everything :sad:

Sorry this happened to you. I have been seeing this lately on ebay where they've yank an item I've placed a bid on. I know that I've been seeing a lot of designer items where sellers have to state that in the auction listing that they are not affiliated with the designer in any way or is an employee of theirs. I was wondering if you had a similar statement like this in your auction?

Since the extra heel taps were not pictured with the signature mini dust bag, it could have triggered someone to report despite the actual shoes being authentic.
or
It is possible that one of the 'newbies' could have reported your auction: as of late, there has been a rash of 'novice CL authentication experts' who have caused a few issues for a few people selling/buying 100% authentic CLs that the 'veteran CL authentication experts who actually have many CL pairs' have set straight. (I'm speaking from first-hand experience.)

As what to do, provide the link to where the ladies authenticated and explain that it is possible to have authentic shoes despite the heel taps not being in the little red bag.

Don't give up. It's annoying, but you can get through it.

It happened to me a while back. While mine were not CLs, the same issues apply. I already had preauthenticated my item with Etincelerauthentications. When it was pulled, I sent everything off to Chanel's eBay address. Within 24-48 hours it was all reinstated with an apology from eBay. It has been mis-identified. I was impressed that eBay notified my 100 watchers that the item was pulled in error and apologized.

Same thing happened to my husband once too. His item had been preauthenticated by Caroldiva, he sent confirmation and all requested details through and it was all sorted very fast.

Sometimes people do get a bit keen to report unusual or vintage items because they don't look exactly like the current items. Or perhaps they were a limited release.

We were fine because we always preauthenticate and we also keep pretty good records of any details of original release of the items and collection years etc.

That happened to me when I was trying to sell a pair only I bought mine from net a porter. I'm pretty sure I know who reported it too because she asked me for a picture of the actual shoes not just a stock photo which I already had on the listing, I only used a stock photo for the gallery picture. Anyway she was an international buyer and I responded that there were pictures on the auction and i don't ship internationally. Not long after that, they removed it. I contacted NAP for the invoice because I no longer had it and sent the proof to eBay who didn't want to view it so I had to threaten legal action because of the false accusation, I too had bids and I said to them the bidders and watchers will think it was fake now so I'll lose potential sales.
They told me they decide based on my policy infringement history on there, I asked what history??? Ive never had an item removed for being fake, I've never sold a fake and I've never had any emails or warnings about selling them or done anything else wrong while selling (I have had my account for buying and selling since 2005) They could not answer me regarding what I'd done in the past to contribute to their decision and they told me it was confidential ... Hello!! It's my account and something you're saying I did why can't you tell me... I knew the answer was that there was nothing.
Anyway my battle with them went for about 2 months before they escalated it to a supervisor, apologized and reinstated the auction. Its hard to fight them when they decide to remove it. I now never ever sell anything worth over $100 on there because I don't want them to profit from it.
The fact they removed it does not automatically mean theyre fakes, ebay are a law unto themselves really and apart from trying to prove it, if they'll even hear your proof, you won't be able to sell them without problems.

Last edited:
Are you "pretty sure" they are real, or "100% positive" they are real? Is there any margin for error, IE is there a possibility that they are fake? I am absolutely on your side, OP, and I am not doubting you for one minute; however, being semi sure and being positive are two different things, KWIM?

If you are positive that they are authentic, I would relist. As stated, it is entirely possible that someone has mistaken your shoes for counterfeits and reported; however, I must say that I report blatant counterfeits numerous times a day and a lot of times the auctions are not pulled until multiple others begin to report. So honestly, your item would have been reported quite a few times to have finally been pulled.

Thanks for all the help and stories! Of course Jenaywins there is margin for error because unless I buy it myself from a CL store, who knows? That not withstanding I do think they are real. noshoepolish, vero did take it down and now I am following the twelve commandments - thanks so much for the info. shinymagpie,Jaime - unfortunately I bought them myself without any authentication expert like caroldiva (nothing like that for CLs right?) or from a licensed reseller like netaporter, I have no "proof".

Also I found out something interesting for those who are interested. eBay provided an email address for responding to my case and DH did a search to whom it belongs. It belongs to a company in India that provides "services" to police auctions. They get paid to "watch" for stuff and get paid by eBay by instances they find. Therefore it is a possibility that the "watchers" have no real expertise (like you hit upon yakuzoku of why blatant fakes continue) but play a numbers game on hitting up small sellers.

Moon-I also noticed the lack of small red bag too but not all CLs even come with taps so think nothing of it. It is possible that the seller took it to add value to a more expensive pair but it would not affect the authenticity IMO

Anyways I am fighting back and will keep you posted.
Chloe

Last edited: