eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

Just because a seller states their item is authentic doesn't mean it 'obviously' is! People lie, all the time. As a buyer I have a right to double check and ask about an item I may want. As a seller you should be willing to answer any question within reason, and I think the authenticity question is well within reason. I'm not quick to believe something a random stranger types in their listing. Certainly you can unserstand that.

I completely agree with this one. I don't mind getting questions about authenticity from buyers because I've got nothing to hide and very confident with the items I sell. Particularly, even the most blatant fakes are listed on our eBay. As a buyer too, I feel extremely bad of these misinformed buyers and mad at these cheap sellers! An extra assurance of authenticity from a seller's reply gives more confidence (aside from the pictures authenticated on the AT threads, of course!)

It's been posted before but I'll say it again :
As a buyer I become very frustrated seeing (invariably) low feedback buyers tussle it out in a bidding war well before an auction ends.
I cannot fathom why that happens :sad:

My biggest peeve has to be scammers of any sort. Second would be shill bidders, who raise the prices for everyone involved. Thanks to tpf for reminding me to check for these on any auction I bid on.

I hate (I so rarely use that term) when buyers file claims fraudently. How can a person say that an item didn't reach them and then you call their local post office and the carrier tells you that they physically delivered the item? I guess it is a matter of too much time on their hands. Thank goodness for delivery/signature confirmation as well as buyer protection. My days of selling on the 'bay are dwindling because I just can't take the frustration.

I have never sold anything, so can only offer my views as a buyer ... I am really tired of listings that urge you to "review the photos as they are part of the description" and yet there is only one picture of the bag and usually not a very good one. Not gonna do it.

Reading this thread has really opened my eyes. I had no idea that buyers can retract a bid or simply not pay. It would never occur to me to do that! I bid on a used saddle one time and accidently entered $100 more than what I intended for my maximum. Naturally I won the auction, ended up with a saddle that doesn't fit any of my horses...

Sellers that threaten to relist if payment is not received within 24 or 48 hours. I understand wanting a quick payment, but as sellers we have to give them 4 days. Also, sellers that state they will not accept an e-check, & if we pay with one they'll cancel it & not sell to us. E-checks go through paypal, so they have to accept them!

I have one more: sellers who have BEST OFFER option on their auction but then counter offer with a number that's $10.00 less than their BUY IT NOW price to begin with (and I am taking about items 2K and more). WTF???:weird: Just wanted to add that when I submit BEST OFFERs, I start at a reasonable amount off (like 20% or less) so it's not like I am lowballing or anything ...
^Lol! I've had this happen to me. BIN was 150, shipping was 8, so I offered 120, and seller countered me 150 with free shipping! I was not impressed.

A couple years ago my pet peeve was sellers who would leave negative feedback for buyers just bc they left negative feedback. Before I started selling I was like "I payed, that's pretty much my only responsibility as a buyer so as long as I do that, I should get good feedback.". Maybe that's because I never tried to play games with anyone. As a seller I see the advantage of being able to leave neg. feedback.

Other things that bother me are when people post one picture and then say in their description "feel free to ask for more pictures. " JUST POST THEM!!

The other things are when, for example, the seller lists a purse, and they throw it on the floor to take a picture. Really, you're selling a $400 bag and you don't own a table? Also, when they list a bag for significantly more than it sells for originally..then turn the tags around so newbies don't know. I know people can list stuff for whatever they want, but generally, people go to eBay to find a bargain.

Well I was going to do that, but unfortunately Paypal contacted me and said me getting the refund and possesing said bag was against policy, and that she could take legal action.....sooooo not worth it, with visions of lawsuits dancing through my head!:shrugs:
Sorry to hear that but I´m happy you got your refund.

Why didn´t you leave apropriate feedback?

If an item is missing important info (i.e.dimensions of a handbag) and you kindly ask the seller that question and get ignored! When I am paying over 2k for bag and you do not list the size, a simple reply is appreciated. Just gave up on an auction after going through this :pout: