eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

Since there are so many scams and scammers out then nobody should ever sell any items anywhere. And only purchased store direct but since Notorious "loukenpeach" ( I'm unsure how to spell) you may still get a counterfeit item there. So I guess we could just shut down completely and live in the fear of being scammed.
But, the trust is being taken out of context it's not like all of the 5500 people that follow me I trust it's impossible to know all of them and which are bogus accounts. However there's about five to six that I have become friends with we exchange cell phone numbers and talk daily I even have a date set to meet one since she lives close and have lunch. Our children are the same age, no not all of them I can meet because we're not all in the same state but it's the same as the friendships that have been made here on TPF, people have become friends and met. They have a section for meet ups. Who knows who your meeting when they meet?
There's also a few TPF members that we follow each other and we all sell our items. And even eBay sellers with a great selling history that have item on eBay also selling the items on Instagram this is where a lot of us who've been selling on eBay for 10 plus years have transition to due to the high fees of selling on eBay. Until you're on there and you become established and see the post and background that forms it's hard to see that it can be a great place to sell and buy.

I'm truly glad it works well for you to sell on IG!

Reactions: kkfiregirl
I really wish people would learn to read.

I posted 4 items for sale. They are exactly the same, so it's one of those quantity type listings. I like to show buyers that I have the items on hand and ready to ship (I know some people have a problem with drop-shipping). Anyways, I check my eBay account this morning and my buyer has left a negative feedback because she thought she was getting all 4. When clearly in my listing, I state (and even used the number 1) that it is for one. 15 minutes on the phone with eBay CS to contest the negative fb and I'm happy that they'll be removing the fb but still...all she had to do was read the first sentence in the listing to know it was for one. This one is getting blocked for sure.

Es
I really wish people would learn to read.

I posted 4 items for sale. They are exactly the same, so it's one of those quantity type listings. I like to show buyers that I have the items on hand and ready to ship (I know some people have a problem with drop-shipping). Anyways, I check my eBay account this morning and my buyer has left a negative feedback because she thought she was getting all 4. When clearly in my listing, I state (and even used the number 1) that it is for one. 15 minutes on the phone with eBay CS to contest the negative fb and I'm happy that they'll be removing the fb but still...all she had to do was read the first sentence in the listing to know it was for one. This one is getting blocked for sure.
Especially since with a multiple quantity listing she would have had to select desired quantity before being able to proceed to payment. Glad eBay is removing the negative.

Just saw a listing of a $7000 bag and the seller states:

"I will not answer questions about authenticity"

So the seller will not entertain any requests of better pictures of the heat stamp of the bag? Or does the seller mean she would not answer to accusations that hers is a fake?

I'm not saying her bag is a fake. In fact, I believe it is an authentic item BUT that statement is really ... hmm... not enticing.

Reactions: iLuvBeauty

So the seller will not entertain any requests of better pictures of the heat stamp of the bag? Or does the seller mean she would not answer to accusations that hers is a fake?

I'm not saying her bag is a fake. In fact, I believe it is an authentic item BUT that statement is really ... hmm... not enticing.

I think she's saying that she doesn't even want to be bothered with answering authenticity questions, because she knows her items are authentic.

Reactions: lulilu

I think she's saying that she doesn't even want to be bothered with answering authenticity questions, because she knows her items are authentic.
Sometimes a buyer asks a question about authenticity just to reconfirm that she'll be getting what she thinks she's getting. Authentic or not, a listing with the type of statement as was posted above implies that the seller is hiding something.

Does this mean buyers shouldn't ask for pics to get it authenticated? I think this comes off as a negative for the seller. I for sure would pass on this purchase, even if it was authentic because like u said this doesn't sound enticing and this could be a problem seller.

She knows her items are authentic but her potential buyers are the one deciding whether to purchase from her or not. I think potential buyers should not be discouraged from asking legitimate questions. Of course, there are always troublemakers who would start off by making an accusation like, "Your bag is fake" but I think sellers can then choose to ignore (and block) such a person.

That statement gives the impression that the seller is very difficult to work with.

I just made a purchase on an item that had buyer pay shipping. I like free shipping, but I have no problem paying shipping costs when I like the item enough, so I bought the thing. However, the shipping stated it was for one level of shipping, and when it got to me, it was a lower level, which I know costs less. It wasn't a major difference, but still. So, I messaged the seller, who then proceeded to lecture me on how much it cost to ship, how the shipping listed was a mistake and I paid the true cost, before finally saying they'd credit me the difference.

Dude... I didn't need the lecture. It's not my fault you made a mistake, you still made out like a bandit on the cost of the item. You can afford to eat your mistake. \ It would've been so easy to just say, "So sorry! We'll take care of it!" and I would've been 100% happy. Now I'm debating about what kind of feedback to leave because it makes me feel like being petty. -- Most likely I just won't leave any, and I usually leave glowing praise and 5 stars for everything I buy, because I sell sometimes too, and I know that good feedback is valued. .

She knows her items are authentic but her potential buyers are the one deciding whether to purchase from her or not. I think potential buyers should not be discouraged from asking legitimate questions. Of course, there are always troublemakers who would start off by making an accusation like, "Your bag is fake" but I think sellers can then choose to ignore (and block) such a person.

That statement gives the impression that the seller is very difficult to work with.

I agree with you! I was just trying to explain why someone might say that, but I agree - a huge turnoff.

Reactions: BV_LC_poodle
I just made a purchase on an item that had buyer pay shipping. I like free shipping, but I have no problem paying shipping costs when I like the item enough, so I bought the thing. However, the shipping stated it was for one level of shipping, and when it got to me, it was a lower level, which I know costs less. It wasn't a major difference, but still. So, I messaged the seller, who then proceeded to lecture me on how much it cost to ship, how the shipping listed was a mistake and I paid the true cost, before finally saying they'd credit me the difference.

Dude... I didn't need the lecture. It's not my fault you made a mistake, you still made out like a bandit on the cost of the item. You can afford to eat your mistake. \ It would've been so easy to just say, "So sorry! We'll take care of it!" and I would've been 100% happy. Now I'm debating about what kind of feedback to leave because it makes me feel like being petty. -- Most likely I just won't leave any, and I usually leave glowing praise and 5 stars for everything I buy, because I sell sometimes too, and I know that good feedback is valued. .
The seller was completely wrong, and she should have handled it better. However, in the end she did the right thing. I probably wouldn't leave any feedback at all.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354

Report the seller to eBay. Switching to a cheaper shipping method is a violation of their rules. You know, if you feel like delivering a 'lecture' of your own.

Report the seller to eBay. Switching to a cheaper shipping method is a violation of their rules. You know, if you feel like delivering a 'lecture' of your own.
Where did sellers get the idea that it was okay to do that?!?!?
There was a recent post on the ebay boards about a similar issue. She'd been charged nearly $40 for priority mail and seller shipped first class, paying for only an 8 oz. package. Buyer was charged $5.58 postage due!
Package arrived postage due and was not shipped at the speed I paid for