eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

I have a good one. I listed a bag which comes with 2 straps in different colours. This is manufacturer's standard issue. Someone contacted me asking to sell one of the straps to them. The reason? To their exact words "Maybe you don't use one of them." :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a good one. I listed a bag which comes with 2 straps in different colours. This is manufacturer's standard issue. Someone contacted me asking to sell one of the straps to them. The reason? To their exact words "Maybe you don't use one of them." :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I once sold a piece of jewelry and had a buyer ask me if I could just sell them the designer's box that the jewelry came in.
Some of these buyers are something else. :rolleyes:

Latest peeve, buying a 2oz skin care product with free shipping, receive the 1oz size, contact the seller nicely who nicely tells me to ship it back or keep it at a 20% price reduction. I decline the price reduction and ask for the item I actually purchased to be sent to me. I ask them for a return shipping label and they tell me to just ship it back directly and they'll refund my shipping charges and send out the correct size. I do so and send them tracking. I receive the correct size but no refund of my shipping costs. It's under $3, not a big deal, so I feel like I'm being petty if I contact them about it, but I'm still irritated and left wondering what to leave as feedback.

Latest peeve, buying a 2oz skin care product with free shipping, receive the 1oz size, contact the seller nicely who nicely tells me to ship it back or keep it at a 20% price reduction. I decline the price reduction and ask for the item I actually purchased to be sent to me. I ask them for a return shipping label and they tell me to just ship it back directly and they'll refund my shipping charges and send out the correct size. I do so and send them tracking. I receive the correct size but no refund of my shipping costs. It's under $3, not a big deal, so I feel like I'm being petty if I contact them about it, but I'm still irritated and left wondering what to leave as feedback.

I would send them a reminder to refund shipping. Maybe they forgot. That's not petty - that's half a Starbucks drink right there [emoji477]️

What she should have done is said, "oops, my mistake. Keep the 1 oz. size as a gift and I'll ship the correct one this afternoon. I'm sorry for my error."

Had she done that, you wouldn't have felt petty, wouldn't have felt ripped off (even for a small amount) and wouldn't have had any question about the type of feedback to leave!

Reactions: Kidclarke
What she should have done is said, "oops, my mistake. Keep the 1 oz. size as a gift and I'll ship the correct one this afternoon. I'm sorry for my error."

Had she done that, you wouldn't have felt petty, wouldn't have felt ripped off (even for a small amount) and wouldn't have had any question about the type of feedback to leave!

Yesssss! I was a bit offended at the idea of paying 80% for half the amount. I guess she was trying to make another sale, but she left me feeling grossed out and unlikely to buy from her again. I received my refund of return shipping after inquiring about it. At least the product is authentic and was well packaged, thankfully. It's a relatively new seller, a bit over 200 feedback, all positive. I was a alarmed as right after I alerted her about the wrong size received, she changed the listing to show the same price for 1oz and only after digging through my account pages did I see a little link that said "The listing below has been updated by the seller, but you can see the item you purchased." I didn't realize sellers could change the title description after a sale was already done.

Yesssss! I was a bit offended at the idea of paying 80% for half the amount. I guess she was trying to make another sale, but she left me feeling grossed out and unlikely to buy from her again. I received my refund of return shipping after inquiring about it. At least the product is authentic and was well packaged, thankfully. It's a relatively new seller, a bit over 200 feedback, all positive. I was a alarmed as right after I alerted her about the wrong size received, she changed the listing to show the same price for 1oz and only after digging through my account pages did I see a little link that said "The listing below has been updated by the seller, but you can see the item you purchased." I didn't realize sellers could change the title description after a sale was already done.

Wow that's great eBay retains the original listing, I've always just taken screenshots bc i'm paranoid. Never thought I'd say eBay is way better than other online sale sites (looking at you, posh and merc!)

Reactions: gazoo
I don't understand people who list their items as NWOT when it obviously was used. Or after asking them a question if this is a truly brand new item and their respond is I used it a few times so I consider it brand new without tags. No people, it's a pre-owned item!!!

This annoys me because I just bought something that the seller listed as brand new never used and when I received it and looked at it, it has black marks on the sides from obviously being used as well as scratches on the hardware logo. I'm trying to figure out how to leave constructive feedback on it without sounding rude. It was a good deal outside of the fact that the seller misled potential buyers by listing it as brand new never used.