eBay/PayPal seller protection

Thank you :sad:. If this ends up going sour then I will be contacting the authorities. I believe since the item is over $3000, crossed state lines, and purchased through the internet, it would be IFCC and/or FBI involved. Looks like PayPal seller protection is voided when the buyer redirects the package. eBay said I should still be covered but I’m not holding my breath.
Did you call and talk to Paypal?

Oh my, reading this thread made my heart drop to my stomach. This is awful! I feel so sorry for the OP, but I am keeping my fingers crossed; hoping that everything worked out fine in the end with no incident.

Yes, please come back with good news.

Honestly, I’m not sure this is anything to worry about. This happens all the time with all the major shippers. I have re-directed with DHL, Fed Ex and UPS. No biggie. I just am somethings working elsewhere and it is easier to pick up there then having them try to deliver to my home and then have to go two cities over to pick it up.

Hopefully you have nothing to worry about.

The problem is that once this shipment is redirected, PayPal seller protection is nullified. I will always ship via direct delivery from now on.
I asked for proof of delivery and it says it was signed for by the designated recipient, so was likely held for pickup at the post office. The user is still suspended by eBay but I haven’t had any other indication yet of trouble with the transaction. Am just waiting to see what happens, but at least I know I should be protected!

Reactions: DaBish
The problem is that once this shipment is redirected, PayPal seller protection is nullified. I will always ship via direct delivery from now on.
I asked for proof of delivery and it says it was signed for by the designated recipient, so was likely held for pickup at the post office. The user is still suspended by eBay but I haven’t had any other indication yet of trouble with the transaction. Am just waiting to see what happens, but at least I know I should be protected!

Hi. Has PayPal released your funds yet? If not, can you try calling them, since the package was “signed for by the designated recipient.”

Are you sure that it isn’t just that the buyer loses the protection? I just quickly looked through my apps and the decision to re-route seems to be entirely between me and the shipping company. I don’t see any way that the shipper can prevent the re-routing.

PayPal has released the funds, although they agreed that the activity was suspicious.
On the seller side with most shippers (except usps) you can elect not to allow the package to be redirected. The lesson I learned from this is that USPS allows both the shipper and the recipient to change the delivery, and once it is placed, it cannot be overridden. An easy loophole for scammers to utilize!

Reactions: DaBish
Well, the other shoe finally dropped - I was notified today that the charge is in dispute with Paypal. I submitted everything to them including the proof of delivery with signature to the recipient listed by ebay and Paypal as "confirmed address." I also documented all my conversations with customer service at both ebay and paypal and my numerous attempts to get the package back. Crossing fingers that they actually follow through on seller protection...

Reactions: DaBish and whateve
Well, the other shoe finally dropped - I was notified today that the charge is in dispute with Paypal. I submitted everything to them including the proof of delivery with signature to the recipient listed by ebay and Paypal as "confirmed address." I also documented all my conversations with customer service at both ebay and paypal and my numerous attempts to get the package back. Crossing fingers that they actually follow through on seller protection...
I hope it works out in your favor. This is a terrible mess. Keep us posted.

what's this dispute about? item not received? or unauthorized transaction?

Reactions: whateve