Ebay/Paypal Question

bekahashlea

I love that!
O.G.
Jul 7, 2008
Redmond, Washington
I bought a LAMB bag from a seller who i have bought from before (she is awesome) and i realized after i paid that i had my old address on there.:faint: I told her and she said she wont send to any other address then what paypal gives her, and that she would refund my money and send me a new invoice so i could repay and have it sent to the right address. So i did that, and i looked in my paypal account and it shows that she has refunded me the money, but i'm really unfamiliar with paypal (I've never sold anything before) so im wondering when i will get my money back? Is it going to go straight back to my debit card which is the only card linked to my paypal account? I know my Lambies are paypal pro's!! Help me im a virgin!!:P

indi3r4

foxy lady!
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
^that's right.. it should be available for you to use right there.. you can use it to pay for the new invoice.. but yes, if you don't withdraw/transfer the money from paypal to your bank account, it'll still be there and available to use on any paypal transaction.. HTH

yvalenz

Jun 14, 2007
hmm....I'm not sure this is the case. It is when someone is paying you funds - it's in your paypal account, but when refunded from a purchase, it goes back to the original payment source.

For example, I had this same thing happen - I had my ebay address changed by not my paypal address (showing as unconfirmed). The seller refunded me so that I could change the address and she could re-invoice, but the CC still showed the charge and not the refund. I had to call to get the "hold" on the original funds released so that I could re-charge the item.

Just this week, I had a seller refund part of the shipping fees, and it went straight to the CC used.

indi3r4

foxy lady!
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
^yeah maybe.. i have my debit card linked and that's how it goes.. :shrugs:

Luna

wheeeee
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
nyc
I have my debit card linked.. I think refunds need to be transferred though. When you first log into paypal, it should show you if you have a balance.. if you do, the money is with paypal. if it shows your balance as $0, then your money probably went to your bank account, in which case i would check it online or call up and ask if the refund went through ok.