eBay & paypal customer service phone numbers-

luxoleather

Apr 3, 2007
hey guys, i don't think all of you have them so i would suggest copying them down

they paypal ones especially have been very useful for me in solving my issues in a much more time efficient manner rather than sending emails

ebay : 408-376-7400, toll free 800-322-9266, or 1-888-749-3229

paypal: 1-888-221-1161 or 402-935-2050

They do have it hidden really well, I had them written down from a long time ago, but not really sure where on the eBay site they are posted. It does not surprise me but the customer service for eBay is not that excellent, but nevertheless, an alternative from writing emails to them :Pno problem gals

hey guys, i don't think all of you have them so i would suggest copying them down

they paypal ones especially have been very useful for me in solving my issues in a much more time efficient manner rather than sending emails

ebay : 408-376-7400, toll free 800-322-9266, or 1-888-749-3229

paypal: 1-888-221-1161 or 402-935-2050

Bless your heart! So sweet of you to post these. After painful, time consuming searching, I was able to get through to Pay Pal months ago, and didn't have the presence of mind to put the number where I'd find it again. Thank you...thank you....we all owe you big time! :yahoo:

So what is the trick to getting through to someone? I keep asking the operator to transfer me to a live person, though he continues to transfer me to an automated system that only gives an email address to contact for help. Does anyone know? Thanks!

I keep getting this same smart a** operator that said that if I don't have internet access then I need to get it! I told him that I do not have a computer to access at the moment.....though I do! But I only said that in the hopes that I would get to talk to a LIVE PERSON! He said that only way that I can talk to someone live is to give him the first and last name of someone. Otherwise, I am out of luck!

I don't know if it's still current, but I poked around a bit, and the VP of global customer relations is Jim Weber. You could try asking for him. Maybe dig through their press releases and such to see if it's still him first. Trust & Safety is/was Rob Chestnut.

I got an e-mail a couple weeks ago from ebay inviting me to keep their special VIP customer service number on hand, because I had reached some sort of threshold of sales and positive feedback, whetever that means. They said it was only for VIP's, and other sellers would not be serviced through this number. I haven't tried calling it, but I thought I'd give it to you guys, just in case it works for someone:smile: The number is 800/717-3229, which I don't see listed here. Hope this helps someone out there!:smile:

^^^ yep, that's what i got too!!!!

here it is from the email.....

Help is just a phone call away--toll-free eBay Customer Support
Dear ***********************
As one of our most loyal and active members, your membership status entitles you to a toll-free telephone number to contact eBay's customer service directly.

We're here to help if you need us, so the next time you need assistance from eBay, you can give us a call:
800-717-EBAY (800-717-3229)
This phone number is only for members like you who have been invited to participate, so please be ready to provide your member ID when you call.
We appreciate your choice to use eBay and look forward to helping you make the most of your shopping experience. Please call us if you ever need a hand.
Sincerely,
eBay Customer Support
P.S. From time to time, if we notice you are having an issue with a transaction or a problem with your account, we may proactively try to reach you. Please help us provide the best possible service--make sure we have your correct contact phone number: