Ebay payment question..listing and fees

i<3bags

Mar 17, 2007
Hello all,

I am rather frustrated at the moment (I searched and nothing came up). I rarely sell items on ebay, but today I listed one. I have an outstanding balance from 2006 on my ebay account- which I didn't know about until today. I have no clue how this happened. It just occured to me that...In order to pay my listing and fees to ebay, do I have to have that amount in my PayPal account so that ebay can do a automatically withdrawl? Am I missing something? Does anyone happen to know when is the next invoice due to come out?

Thanks for your help!

You can set up how and when you pay ebay fees, whether it be through paypal or a credit card on your ebay file.
You only have a certain amount of time to pay though. I think they charge once a month? (could be wrong). I didn't think that ebay could just take the money from your paypal account unless you said so, I think this is in the seller accounts in "my ebay"

No, eBay can't touch your money from Paypal, but if you have a credit card on file with eBay they can take it from there. Thats why you have to register a credit card with eBay before you can sell and accumulate any fees. If you pay your balance now, they'll leave your account alone.