Ebay & Paymate

Vily

Apr 14, 2011
I bought a $500 bag in Ebay and seller only accept Paymate. What is paymate? Am I protect as Paypal if paying by Paymate. Never came across this Paymate & would like opition from you ladies.
On a side note: seller only have 1 feedback as buyer.

I bought a $500 bag in Ebay and seller only accept Paymate. What is paymate? Am I protect as Paypal if paying by Paymate. Never came across this Paymate & would like opition from you ladies.
On a side note: seller only have 1 feedback as buyer.

Ebay rules specify a seller *must* offer paypal as one form of payment last time I checked. Has this changed?

Personally, of the few sellers I've noticed offering Paymate, they have been selling counterfeit handbags. I am not saying that is the case but personally I would request if you can pay with Paypal.

Tarhls said:
Personally, of the few sellers I've noticed offering Paymate, they have been selling counterfeit handbags. I am not saying that is the case but personally I would request if you can pay with Paypal.

That's been the major issue with paymate is that it's a scammers paradise because of there policies

What is good/bad things?

Catshandbags767 said:
I have never used them but have heard good and bad things about how they handle things. If you pay use a cc that way if things go bad you can do a charge back

I think Ebay accepted Paymate as form of payment now

tutushopper said:
Ebay rules specify a seller *must* offer paypal as one form of payment last time I checked. Has this changed?

Yes true now. I'm in Australia.

Catshandbags767 said:
If I am not mistaken from what I have heard paymate is being offers as an alternate to PayPal in some countries

I email seller & no paypal

Tarhls said:

Yes true now. I'm in Australia.

I email seller & no paypal
Are you 100% sure that the bag you are purchasing is authentic? If not post it on the authenticate this thread for one of the ladies to look at.

I would be very cautious, it is a lot of money to loose.

No, paypal isn't required. Seller MUST accept at least one of several approved payment methods.
If I am not mistaken from what I have heard paymate is being offers as an alternate to PayPal in some countries
Correct - and Paymate is one of those accepted methods.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/accepted-payment-methods.html#options