eBay Main street? Government relations

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I got this message from eBay and kind of confused what this is talking about.

2. did it go to your ebay messages as well as email ?

3. it went to both.

4. I think ebay are trying to create a large network of ebayers who will lobby congress on issues (like those outlined above) and by creating a large group there will be strength in numbers.

Big businesses are lobbying congress to make changes that will damage smaller sellers, and by creating this large lobby group ebay will have some power to fight back against changes that would ultimately be detrimental to ebay.

If you were to join the likelihood is that each time one of these types of issues came up you would be sent an email and asked to consider forwarding your objections to your representative in congress (sorry if my terms are off, I am from the UK). They would probably supply you will a template/generic letter, and if you agreed to send it all you would have to do is insert your own personal details (or re-write it to suit yourself if you preferred), or not send it at all if it was not relevant to you.

I think this is what this email is saying.

5. Yes, they are trying to do grass roots organization to fight some of these very harmful possibilities. Can you imagine if we have to start posting all our receipts in all our designer listings or that we can't sell them below a certain $ amount that the designers dictate?

6. I think the note it's pretty clear, that is, there's no hidden meaning.

7. I got the exact same notice. I'm guessing they sent it to all ebay store owners?

8. I don't have a store on eBay, just sell and they sent it to me. Maybe it's a PowerSeller thing.

And yes, we do all need to get involved. Imagine having to figure out sales tax not only in every state, but every district in that state.

9. I got the message and was going to sign up, but I have to allow Ebay to share my records or something, so I changed my mind!

10. ^^Same here!!
    I looked at it twice and was about to sign up but did NOT like those terms so I decided against it.

11. thanks for the responses guys

i'm choosing not to join as well.