Ebay LV buy

TI84A

Apr 12, 2009
OMG, I won a bag on the 27 th, just as I was looking for the invoice to pay for it I found an email the seller sent on the 30th. The seller says the following:

hello.
I have not received payment from you yet.
I request the payment within 3 days as being on the page of Bay.
so, i will re-list this item at once.
Afterwards, even if you pay, the right to buy you this item is lost.
Thank you for your understanding.

Is the Okay for them to do? I thought I had up to 7 days to pay. The seller appears to have listed the item again at a higher price then the one I won it at. I am so sad I had my heart set on this bag and was only waiting for my credit card payment to post on my account (which it did today) before I paid. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place but I am just so upset about this whole think. I truly need help on what I should do.

Well you have 7 days before you are issued a strike, but I don't think there is any rule about relisting it or giving a second chance offer to someone else. I always pay right away or at the very least communicate with the seller.

Since it isn't sold maybe contact her again and see if you can work something out. Tell her you did not understand the terms, you were planning to pay on X date and would appreciate if the would hold up their end of the bargain. I wouldn't get nasty though. You catch more flies with honey.

And I do understand where the seller is coming from because as a seller if you have not heard from the buyer at all after 3 days all signs point to a non payment.

Well, while you should have at least contacted her, she's wrong in saying youve lost the right to purchase the item, at least not per ebays rules.. If you want it, pay for it. Today, not tomorrow or on day seven, she cant file a claim until its been after 4days (as per ebay's rules)
Just apologize for the delay of payment, and pay. Im sure she just thinks your another non paying bidder. Good luck!

I won the item at like 1150 pm on the 27 see sent the email on the 30 at 1:20 am. It really had not been that long. Im scared to pay because seller says I can no longer buy the bag. Plus it looks like to listed the bag again for like 140 more then I won the bag for.

I emailed the seller this morning and have gotten no answer if I can still pay. Does anyone know if I can take any kind of action to prevent the seller from selling the bag as a BUY IT NOW at 158 more the I won it for?

Since the seller relisted the bag at a higher price, I'm inclined to think that the seller was not happy with the price you won it at.

Have you contacted ebay?

You open a case and say you won the bag and want to pay for it, but it appears the bag has been relisted. Ebay should take it from there. Look in the help section in ebay. I do agree with what the others have said. It's best to contact the seller right away and let them know when and how you intend to pay. If they don't hear anything and don't receive payment they assume it's not going to be paid for and move on.

i'm sorry this happened to you, but the seller has her right to set a due date of payment. it should be clearly stated in the listing or payment page. you apparently bid on the item, which means you read seller's payment term (HOPEFULLY!). if you went OVER the seller's payment period, in your case, 3 days, the seller has every right to relist!
PAY ATTENTION TO SELLER'S TERMS!!!

^^ Though harsh, I do believe that I agree with this. Unfortunately, you may very well have forfeited your right to this bag by violating the seller's terms. While eBay does allot a 7 day period to the buyer before the seller may issue a strike, you failed to abide by the auction terms set forth by the seller and thus lost your right to purchase the bag.

If you were that interested in purchasing the bag, why did you wait so long to pay?

OMG, I won a bag on the 27 th, just as I was looking for the invoice to pay for it I found an email the seller sent on the 30th. The seller says the following:

hello.
I have not received payment from you yet.
I request the payment within 3 days as being on the page of Bay.
so, i will re-list this item at once.
Afterwards, even if you pay, the right to buy you this item is lost.
Thank you for your understanding.

Is the Okay for them to do? I thought I had up to 7 days to pay. The seller appears to have listed the item again at a higher price then the one I won it at. I am so sad I had my heart set on this bag and was only waiting for my credit card payment to post on my account (which it did today) before I paid. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place but I am just so upset about this whole think. I truly need help on what I should do.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Pay for the bag already. Use the link on the auction page. Per EBay rules, you have four days before the seller starts a non-paying bidder case on you. After that, you have another three days to pay. The total is seven days. (You are supposed to pay within four days though). After seven days, you are SOL regarding the bag; what you'll get though is a strike on your account.

2. Wait for the seller to send you the bag. She has seven days to send it to you. If you don't receive a tracking number within seven days, you can open an 'item not received' dispute. Then you'll get your money back or maybe the seller will come to her senses.

3. Alternatively, if you don't want to engage in an unpleasant transaction, ask the seller to mutually cancel it. Since she has relisted already, she might as well agree. She'll get her fees back this way and you'll be off the hook regarding the payment.

p-WA

you should have contacted the seller.
I contacted the seller once stating I couldn't pay within 3 days and he gave me 2 weeks!
Depends who you get. but like others have stated before me it was her policy.
Ebay gives you 7 days if you plan on purchasing more items from the seller