eBay listing problems with designer names

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
I started to sell again on eBay and I am having some trouble!

All I wanted to do was sell Chanel nail polish and it's telling me that I'm selling too much and by not listing that auction (but still charging me) it's supposed to protect against fraudulent listings like for fakes or something.
I've never sold designer EVER.

THEN I listed Gucci inspired sunglasses that I bought from Aldo. They were the horsebit detail ones, and I actually just bought the real thing a couple of weeks ago. More on that in a minute, but it told me it removed my listing and then still charged me because it said "Gucci inspired," and it's not supposed to say "[designer name] inspired" but I've seen this and I'm still seeing this on everlasting listings!

So there was an issue with those Gucci sunglasses (the actual ones, not the legitimate inspired ones sold by Aldo shoes) where the Gucci ink was not on the inside of the legs of the sunglasses and the seller got angry that I asked and accused me of calling it a fake and that it was an insult. I just received feedback tonight right along with the cancellation of the Aldo sunglasses (just said fast payment, positive)-- I wonder if she reported me or something because she was mad I was accusing her of selling me a fake? Although I just listed those about 3 hours ago.

It's pretty embarrassing to have so many issues, especially to have an auction be removed. It didn't say it was reported, it just said it was a violation.

=\

You're not allowed to list [specific designer] inspired. You can say "designer inspired"...counterfeiters used to abuse the word "inspired" in the title to list fakes. It sucks that it gives all of us an inconvenience.

Yeah, keyword searches are done by the eBay police on a regular basis. Anything with "inspired" in the title sends out red flags. If it ain't real, you can't use the designer name.

It is amazing how many get away with these listing violations, though.

It's weird because it was only inspired and not like it was Gucci replica. It was legitimate, but I could see if people abused that just to have their things be coming up in the search.

My Chanel nail polish just posted itself-- it was posted but it wasn't live for some reason. It sent me a notification after I had to edit the listing to add information.

I got them both up now at least. This time I put designer inspired, haha.

And yeah, that's mostly what shocked me on my little 'ol sunglasses with everything else that people are getting away with-- not just fakes but even the titles of the listings I was referring to. I think another pair of Gucci inspired sunglasses used the term "compare to Gucci" to get around it. I'm not bothering with that though.

I am an ebay power seller for 8 years now. Ebay will never tell you it was 'reported' nor will they say 'who' reported anything. It is confidential. Yes, there are tons of listings that say 'inspired' and they only reason they are still on there is only because ebay hasn't caught them yet on their web crawl and no one has reported them or not enough people has reported them nor has the designer companies scouts seen them yet. There are so many that they can't get them all but the do cancel a lot of them.
If you had a lot of Chanel nail polish to put into auction, then that is why. It is all over the internet about people who sell designer items in bulk is usually 100% fake items because you cant buy most of them at wholesale or in flea markets, vendors, outlet stores, etc....at cheap prices for auctions. Im not saying you didnt have the real thing. Its just a pre-caution ebay takes. If you sold one or two, it probably would be ok as long as it is the real thing and you show that it is in your photos VERY CLEARLY!
It is against the law to sell 'designer inspired' anything but auctions sellers do and so do websites. Anyway, the person who accused you of selling a fake item was full of hot air, a know it all. If you know its authentic for sure, then just ignore them and have a good day. You'll eventually get used to some real cooks out in ebay land and it won't bother you after a while.

EVERYONES INFO> If you want to learn how to spot fake designer handbags in online auctions then check out this awesome website: http://www.freewebs.com/fakefendihandbags/

I have to say, that website you posted has a lot of misinformation. For instance, she states that puremoda.com sells authentic bags, which isn't true. The author states also that authentic Fendi bags never have plastic on the handles, which is also misinformation. There are other problems with her guide as well. I'm not trying to be contrary, but I think the Fendi subforum here is a much better resource than this guide.

It is against the law to sell 'designer inspired' anything but auctions sellers do and so do websites.

Its not against the law to sell truly JUST designer inspired bags as long as the designers trademarks are not on the bags and you do not use the designers name to sell it.

The chanel nail polish problem, is one I have regularly, I buy a lot of chanel np, and decide i dont like it, so try and sell it and come with the same error...but if you change the amount of time you want the item listed for to longer (7 days) the error tends to go away, and by making it an auction and not a BIN

Uhhh.. You cannot put "designer inspired" and the name of gucci on it. Why? Misleading to everyone who searches for a specific item. Including persons who wants to buy authentic stuffs. Chanel Nail PolisH? How many times did you try to put it on Ebay? I guess they putted you on a ban or something.. Wait for a month or so... Maybe they'll remove it.