Ebay listing - do u put TPF user name?

melpaulned

Sep 2, 2014
hi all i am just about to do some listings on ebay and was wondering does anyone put their TPF username in their ebay description so people can have a look at their feedback over here as well ? strange question i know but asking because my husband belongs to a watch forum and that is what they do .apologies if this has been asked before and i am in no way linking my options to this post as my ebay username is completely different to this one
Mel

I don't.

Being a member here doesn't necessarily equate to honest members, authentic items or proof of anything. In fact, there have been many instances where members have been outed as scammers in their posts.

IMO, more important that what blogs or forums you're on is whether your items are authentic, your descriptions are complete, honest and accurate and whether your listings have adequate pictures so authenticators here can authenticate them (should a potential buyer come here to ask about them).

ETA, I suppose if someone asked me if I'm on TPF, I'd tell them.

I don't.

Being a member here doesn't necessarily equate to honest members, authentic items or proof of anything. In fact, there have been many instances where members have been outed as scammers in their posts.

IMO, more important that what blogs or forums you're on is whether your items are authentic, your descriptions are complete, honest and accurate and whether your listings have adequate pictures so authenticators here can authenticate them (should a potential buyer come here to ask about them).

ETA, I suppose if someone asked me if I'm on TPF, I'd tell them.
Yes true re the scammers but i would assume they have a low post count (yes i know i do too). I would feel good if i could check out sellers on TPF.
Yes i will definitely have heaps of pictures, you're right that's the most important and makes sense
Thank you :smile:

Some people use the same name on ebay and tpf so you know who they are. Personally, I would want to keep my tpf and ebay identities separate. I can imagine a scenario where a sale to a tpf member doesn't go smoothly and the resulting discussion destroys your enjoyment of the forum. I consider tpfers to be my friends and I don't normally sell things for a profit to my friends.

Some people use the same name on ebay and tpf so you know who they are. Personally, I would want to keep my tpf and ebay identities separate. I can imagine a scenario where a sale to a tpf member doesn't go smoothly and the resulting discussion destroys your enjoyment of the forum. I consider tpfers to be my friends and I don't normally sell things for a profit to my friends.
True but we can't sell on this forum so how do you sell to your TPF peeps?

True but we can't sell on this forum so how do you sell to your TPF peeps?
I don't sell to TPF friends. Doing business with a friend is the quickest way to lose them as a friend. If a tpfer ends up buying something from me on ebay, our tpf identities are never disclosed.

For example, recently I sold something that tracking showed as delivered but the buyer said she never got it. Since tracking showed it was delivered, I wasn't obligated to give back her money. I felt sorry for her that the item was lost but it wasn't my fault so I didn't feel like I should dig into my pocket to refund her. If she had been a tpf friend, I might have felt pressured to go into a loss situation just to preserve the friendship.

I don't sell to TPF friends. Doing business with a friend is the quickest way to lose them as a friend. If a tpfer ends up buying something from me on ebay, our tpf identities are never disclosed.

For example, recently I sold something that tracking showed as delivered but the buyer said she never got it. Since tracking showed it was delivered, I wasn't obligated to give back her money. I felt sorry for her that the item was lost but it wasn't my fault so I didn't feel like I should dig into my pocket to refund her. If she had been a tpf friend, I might have felt pressured to go into a loss situation just to preserve the friendship.
Ah gotcha! thank you for all your help :smile:

Having a listing that says you are a memeber of TPF has no effect personally for me
one way or the other.

Would consider posting an item I might be interersted on a specific authentication
thread for more information as their are many knowledgeable members here.

If the listing is well described , any & all flaws are mentioned ,pictures are clear
& the seller is responsive with any ?'s a buyer might have, that works..

I don't sell on Ebay but I had a negative experience on Bonanza one time. I sold a bag and the person looked at all my history on PF and came back saying one of my pictures was old. She also claimed the bag was faded. She didn't ask for a refund. It seemed like she was proud of her research skills. That experience made me wary of disclosing my PF name.

I don't sell on Ebay but I had a negative experience on Bonanza one time. I sold a bag and the person looked at all my history on PF and came back saying one of my pictures was old. She also claimed the bag was faded. She didn't ask for a refund. It seemed like she was proud of her research skills. That experience made me wary of disclosing my PF name.
Good point ta

I agree. There is little to be gained by disclosing your TPF name on a listing and there is no need to set yourself up for all the rigorous detective work that goes on here. Maybe it is different in the watch world but there are lots of land mines around here ;).