ebay lets you retract bids?!

Yes, as everyone mentioned, I’d rather this person retract than become a deadbeat later on, but I’d much rather this person not do either!

Noshoepolish - I know you were just putting a comment in general, but I want to mention that I did not even have a reserve, which is why I am annoyed! I totally agree it’s unfair for those people we’ve experienced to put the bids all the way up, discourage other serious bidders from bidding, and then just disappear!

TXGirlie: How can you check their retracting bid history?!

B4199 and Speedah, I checked to see if they bid again and nope nothing at all!

Zoesma, I can see why you decided to retract your bid, but this wasn’t my case at all! I have 100% feedback selling and buying and the person did not ask questions at all. The photos I put up are all mine!

Kells1982, my person wasn’t like you! She put in her bid like 5 days ago and then retracted five days later.

Nancyxwu: Yes, I agree the retracting thing is ridiculous since you have to pass another page repeating the amount you entered at you and stating you realize you are signing a contract before you click again to confirm.

Thanks for everyone’s responses. Although I personally would never do that, it’s interesting hearing everyone’s point of views!

This is annoying... it happens often... a buyer will place a bid and it will be there all week until the last minute and then retracted. WTH... it's so rude IMO.

I thought before you place your bid, ebay asks if you are sure you want to enter that amount before you confirm??

Bc I have a bidder who retracted with the reasoning "entered wrong amount", and I didn't know this was possible to do.

I'm upset that this would be possible bc then the idea of bidding is like a joke since you can just retract it when you change your mind. Every time before I bid I spend a lot of time thinking whether I really want the item (so I won't return later) and whether I will be able to pay, and I thought this was how eBay works...
If you place your bid with a sniping service you can always delete the bid if you change your mind. When you retract a bid on ebay, I believe they keep up with the numbers of retracted bids, and they can close your account if you have too many? But I agree with above: better a retracted bid than a person who bids, wins, and then does not pay!