eBay keeps pulling my listing for item bought through eBay Authenticate!

hi8luxe

Apr 12, 2018
I am beyond frustrated! Just got off the phone with eBay CS regarding my listing of an LV Soufflot accessory pochette that I purchased from eastvaleluxe in late 2018. I only use the Soufflot bag and haven’t really used the pouch. I tried selling it just before the holidays and had no problems with my listing then, but couldn’t find the right buyer. When I re-listed the pouch about a week ago, eBay removed my listing and sent an email as follows:

Your listing isn’t following policy: Counterfeit item policy

Hello xxxxx,
Your listing didn't follow our Counterfeit item policy. We don’t allow counterfeit items, replicas, or unauthorized copies.
What activity didn't follow the policy
- Limited selling history

What you need to do next
Items removed for this policy cannot be relisted. Please ensure that your future listings are for authentic items only. For these items, they should be described accurately and completely, so buyers know that it is an authentic item.

What is the policy
- Counterfeit products are illegal and not allowed on eBay. Examples include:
-- Fakes, copies or replicas of brand name items (for example, a shoe with the Nike name or logo that wasn’t made by Nike)
-- Electronics or accessories that use or bear the brand name, logo or trademark of a company that didn’t manufacture the item
-- Bootleg recordings from concerts or other live shows
-- Unauthorized or pirated copies of movies, videos or software
- Listings with photos that hide or blur trademarks are not allowed
- If you’re not certain that your item is authentic, it may not be listed
- We may remove authentic items if we receive buyer complaints that the item is not authentic. These items may not be relisted

How this affects your account
- Listings that don't follow this policy have been ended.

• We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).

- Other than actions previously communicated to you in prior emails, no further actions are being placed on your account.

Why we have this policy

This policy prevents the sale of counterfeit items, which are illegal, and could expose sellers to legal risk. Removing them protects sellers and their buyers from buyer protection claims and financial loss.

More information and help
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/fake-items-policy?id=4276

Listings that don't follow policy
254476021002 - Louis Vuitton Blue Epi Leather Soufflot Accessory Pochette Micro Bag

We appreciate your understanding.
Thanks,
eBay

I then complained to CS and they allowed me to re-list, with the suggestion of posting proof of authenticity in my listing. I provided this by obtaining my own third-party authentication (ProAuthenticators) and also posting an image of the eBay Authenticate “authenticity” card that came with my purchase. The item is authentic, period. Yet they pull my listing once again! I’ve attached key images from my listing so you guys can see for yourselves.

I also find it curious that eBay states,“limited selling history,” as the activity that didn’t follow their policy. This is definitely not the case; I have been on eBay for almost a decade and have sold items (luxury and non-luxury) for at least a couple years.

There are a number of things frustrating about eBay, but one of the most problematic is the difficulty of communicating effectively with them. If I could send them an email with unobscured images of my third-party authentication, for example, that should assuage any concerns they have over the pouch’s authenticity. (But, they probably don’t want their users to have a paper trail of their own.) Not to mention, I freaking purchased the item through eastvaleluxe/eBay Authenticate! I guess they prefer to undermine their credibility by not allowing me to list this item I purchased from them...

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. Any thoughts?

5CD8644A-6C68-45FE-95EC-869AEA42DE16.jpeg4C999817-5D38-4313-9B14-D96353171CE5.jpeg775F52B6-F5A2-4830-BFEC-41B6D5B12F49.jpeg813F1617-64D5-4A81-9411-FB03801032B1.jpeg67B75649-CD18-4BD3-82B1-E0B81B146A26.jpeg

Reactions: Gabs007
I am beyond frustrated! Just got off the phone with eBay CS regarding my listing of an LV Soufflot accessory pochette that I purchased from eastvaleluxe in late 2018. I only use the Soufflot bag and haven’t really used the pouch. I tried selling it just before the holidays and had no problems with my listing then, but couldn’t find the right buyer. When I re-listed the pouch about a week ago, eBay removed my listing and sent an email as follows:

Your listing isn’t following policy: Counterfeit item policy

Hello xxxxx,
Your listing didn't follow our Counterfeit item policy. We don’t allow counterfeit items, replicas, or unauthorized copies.
What activity didn't follow the policy
- Limited selling history

What you need to do next
Items removed for this policy cannot be relisted. Please ensure that your future listings are for authentic items only. For these items, they should be described accurately and completely, so buyers know that it is an authentic item.

What is the policy
- Counterfeit products are illegal and not allowed on eBay. Examples include:
-- Fakes, copies or replicas of brand name items (for example, a shoe with the Nike name or logo that wasn’t made by Nike)
-- Electronics or accessories that use or bear the brand name, logo or trademark of a company that didn’t manufacture the item
-- Bootleg recordings from concerts or other live shows
-- Unauthorized or pirated copies of movies, videos or software
- Listings with photos that hide or blur trademarks are not allowed
- If you’re not certain that your item is authentic, it may not be listed
- We may remove authentic items if we receive buyer complaints that the item is not authentic. These items may not be relisted

How this affects your account
- Listings that don't follow this policy have been ended.

• We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).

- Other than actions previously communicated to you in prior emails, no further actions are being placed on your account.

Why we have this policy

This policy prevents the sale of counterfeit items, which are illegal, and could expose sellers to legal risk. Removing them protects sellers and their buyers from buyer protection claims and financial loss.

More information and help
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/fake-items-policy?id=4276

Listings that don't follow policy
254476021002 - Louis Vuitton Blue Epi Leather Soufflot Accessory Pochette Micro Bag

We appreciate your understanding.
Thanks,
eBay

I then complained to CS and they allowed me to re-list, with the suggestion of posting proof of authenticity in my listing. I provided this by obtaining my own third-party authentication (ProAuthenticators) and also posting an image of the eBay Authenticate “authenticity” card that came with my purchase. The item is authentic, period. Yet they pull my listing once again! I’ve attached key images from my listing so you guys can see for yourselves.

I also find it curious that eBay states,“limited selling history,” as the activity that didn’t follow their policy. This is definitely not the case; I have been on eBay for almost a decade and have sold items (luxury and non-luxury) for at least a couple years.

There are a number of things frustrating about eBay, but one of the most problematic is the difficulty of communicating effectively with them. If I could send them an email with unobscured images of my third-party authentication, for example, that should assuage any concerns they have over the pouch’s authenticity. (But, they probably don’t want their users to have a paper trail of their own.) Not to mention, I freaking purchased the item through eastvaleluxe/eBay Authenticate! I guess they prefer to undermine their credibility by not allowing me to list this item I purchased from them...

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. Any thoughts?

View attachment 4634914View attachment 4634915View attachment 4634916View attachment 4634917View attachment 4634918

I totally get that you are frustrated, I don't really know how much eBay charges at the moment for sellers as I had a few really bad experiences (people buying items, damaging them, returning and eBay just shrugs their shoulders) and haven't sold there for ages, simply not worth the headache, so non luxury I give to charity shops, luxury items only through platforms where there is a 3d party as the middle man to avoid switches and such. Have you considered checking out how much they charge commission and using them?

That is frustrating! What in the world does this mean : remove authentic items if they receive complaints it's not authentic? just because someone complains - words do not turn an authentic item into a fake!?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200109-070622__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200109-070622__01.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: hi8luxe
That is frustrating! What in the world does this mean : remove authentic items if they receive complaints it's not authentic? just because someone complains - words do not turn an authentic item into a fake!?!
That circled part means if a buyer files SNAD and uses "doesn't seem authentic" as the reason, ebay may take their word for it. (That's ebay's wording in the dispute.)

I understand your frustration but as we've seen quite frequently (on the Coach subforum), listings that were "authenticated" by Entrupy are fake. There have been other services that make mistakes too.

I don't have first hand experience with RA (Real Authentication) and can't comment on the accuracy of the authentication they did on the bag you purchased and try to resell but it's possible they made a mistake. It's also possible ebay made a mistake.

I don't believe that ATLV (here on TPF) will authenticate your item for a couple of reasons. The listing from which you purchased is no longer active and now that you're reselling, I don't think they will authenticate for sellers.

My suggestion would be to post pictures on ebay's fashion boards before investing in a different professional authentication. If the LV-knowledgeable people there deem it authentic and believe that ebay made a mistake, they will advise you on their suggestions for the next steps to take to appeal the takedown.

And if they deem it fake and if the listing was correctly removed, file SNAD against the Ebay Authenticate seller from whom you bought the bag! I don't know if ebay still offers double your money back in these cases or not.

Reactions: holiday123
That circled part means if a buyer files SNAD and uses "doesn't seem authentic" as the reason, ebay may take their word for it. (That's ebay's wording in the dispute.)

And if they deem it fake and if the listing was correctly removed, file SNAD against the Ebay Authenticate seller from whom you bought the bag! I don't know if ebay still offers double your money back in these cases or not.

I think it is much too late for that now

She said she purchased it in 2018 "regarding my listing of an LV Soufflot accessory pochette that I purchased from eastvaleluxe in late 2018."

I understand your frustration but as we've seen quite frequently (on the Coach subforum), listings that were "authenticated" by Entrupy are fake. There have been other services that make mistakes too.

I don't have first hand experience with RA (Real Authentication) and can't comment on the accuracy of the authentication they did on the bag you purchased and try to resell but it's possible they made a mistake. It's also possible ebay made a mistake.

I don't believe that ATLV (here on TPF) will authenticate your item for a couple of reasons. The listing from which you purchased is no longer active and now that you're reselling, I don't think they will authenticate for sellers.

My suggestion would be to post pictures on ebay's fashion boards before investing in a different professional authentication. If the LV-knowledgeable people there deem it authentic and believe that ebay made a mistake, they will advise you on their suggestions for the next steps to take to appeal the takedown.

Tagging op @hi8luxe

I missed the part on when it was purchased! Sorry.

I think I found a cache of the listing and I wonder if it might have been removed because of a lack of definitive pictures. There's no date code and the heat stamp is practically illegible.

I totally get that you are frustrated, I don't really know how much eBay charges at the moment for sellers as I had a few really bad experiences (people buying items, damaging them, returning and eBay just shrugs their shoulders) and haven't sold there for ages, simply not worth the headache, so non luxury I give to charity shops, luxury items only through platforms where there is a 3d party as the middle man to avoid switches and such. Have you considered checking out how much they charge commission and using them?
eBay charges 10%, and PayPal takes 2.9% + $0.30. The fees aren’t that bad, that’s what makes it attractive to sell using their platform. I’ve tried Poshmark and Entrupy, but their fees are higher and there are too many low-ballers on Poshmark. I even tried using eBay Authenticate once, but pulled my item because they listed it way below retail value, when it was fairly new and in pristine condition! I ended up selling that item to FP and was extremely pleased with the buy-out price. However, I haven’t used FP to sell in a while, since their buy-out quotes have been a lot less than what I could sell the item for on eBay.

Yeah, I read some of your previous posts about your experiences on eBay; that’s horrible and I’m sorry you had that happen to you! So far I’ve been lucky and I try to take all the precautions mentioned in this forum when dealing with and screening buyers.

I used ProAuthenticators, as they seemed to be one of the most recommended in the LV forum. But, yes, I appreciate that these authenticators make mistakes, too.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll try to take better images of the interior of the pouch and post them in that thread you mentioned.

I missed the part on when it was purchased! Sorry.

I think I found a cache of the listing and I wonder if it might have been removed because of a lack of definitive pictures. There's no date code and the heat stamp is practically illegible.

Yeah, I tried my best to get a clear picture of the heat stamp for the listing. The pouch is small, so it’s near-impossible to take a picture of the date code without damaging the bag in the process; believe me, I’ve tried.

eBay charges 10%, and PayPal takes 2.9% + $0.30. The fees aren’t that bad, that’s what makes it attractive to sell using their platform. I’ve tried Poshmark and Entrupy, but their fees are higher and there are too many low-ballers on Poshmark. I even tried using eBay Authenticate once, but pulled my item because they listed it way below retail value, when it was fairly new and in pristine condition! I ended up selling that item to FP and was extremely pleased with the buy-out price. However, I haven’t used FP to sell in a while, since their buy-out quotes have been a lot less than what I could sell the item for on eBay.

Yeah, I read some of your previous posts about your experiences on eBay; that’s horrible and I’m sorry you had that happen to you! So far I’ve been lucky and I try to take all the precautions mentioned in this forum when dealing with and screening buyers.

You could try Vestiaire, I think they take 15% and they are a bit of PITA to deal with, seriously had to hassle them for weeks about an item that I sent where tracking stopped, but once an item has sold and passed their authenticity and condition test, it is sold and you don't have any hassle dealing with buyers who have buyer's remorse, trying to do a quick switch, use the item and return it in a bad condition or are simply psychos. I would check out their webpage for how much the items in similar condition go and of course use a good authentication service so you're not stung when the ones who sold you the item made a mistake.

I think it is much too late for that now

She said she purchased it in 2018 "regarding my listing of an LV Soufflot accessory pochette that I purchased from eastvaleluxe in late 2018."

Yep, I purchased it exactly on October 1, 2018. I’m 99.99% sure that it’s authentic, but I’ll take BB’s advice to be absolutely sure that it is. Guess I trusted eBay a little too much!

You could try Vestiaire, I think they take 15% and they are a bit of PITA to deal with, seriously had to hassle them for weeks about an item that I sent where tracking stopped, but once an item has sold and passed their authenticity and condition test, it is sold and you don't have any hassle dealing with buyers who have buyer's remorse, trying to do a quick switch, use the item and return it in a bad condition or are simply psychos. I would check out their webpage for how much the items in similar condition go and of course use a good authentication service so you're not stung when the ones who sold you the item made a mistake.

I always wondered about VC. Thanks, I may give them a try depending on how this works out.