Ebay items MIA

cupi26

Jul 12, 2006
So last week I ordered a few items on eBay, most the sellers gave the tracking numbers. Yesterday I seen a few were going to be delivered today since it was holiday yesterday, and I wouldn't be home due to taking my daughter to college. Upon arriving home, getting the mail, I only received one package, and just checked my purchases on eBay, saying three have been delivered. We have a regular mailman, n we have a mail slot that goes in our porch, so only way to get our mail would be to open the door.( btw there was someone home). This is the first time in years this has ever happened to me, they are low priced items, both under ten bucks. I have contacted both sellers, but my question is : they are covered eBay protection, does this require to reship the item, and who would be responsible for this? Do I file a dispute with eBay and PayPal, which I used to pay for these? I had an issue once with a buyer who said she never received the item I sent but she also had a pile of packages n letters for weeks before she found it. I check everywhere and they are no where to be found. I'm going to ask the DH to ask the carrier in the morning. Any suggestions or how to go about finding the lost items?? TIA

Double check with the sellers about the address the items were shipped to. Is there any way you may have accidentally selected a different shipping address than your home address? You can check this on the paypal transaction page. Because the items were scanned as 'delivered' you will most likely lose your case and the seller will probably not replace the item for you. However, there may be a slight chance that your items were missed scanned as 'delivered' at a sorting facility or something (this has happened to me). Anyway, good luck OP!

(sorry for any typos! I'm using my iphone)

You are out of luck. This happened to me. I surmise they were delivered to the wrong address. Paypal counts them as delivered as long as the tracking shows that. I lost two packages worth about $50.

So last week I ordered a few items on eBay, most the sellers gave the tracking numbers. Yesterday I seen a few were going to be delivered today since it was holiday yesterday, and I wouldn't be home due to taking my daughter to college. Upon arriving home, getting the mail, I only received one package, and just checked my purchases on eBay, saying three have been delivered. We have a regular mailman, n we have a mail slot that goes in our porch, so only way to get our mail would be to open the door.( btw there was someone home). This is the first time in years this has ever happened to me, they are low priced items, both under ten bucks. I have contacted both sellers, but my question is : they are covered eBay protection, does this require to reship the item, and who would be responsible for this? Do I file a dispute with eBay and PayPal, which I used to pay for these? I had an issue once with a buyer who said she never received the item I sent but she also had a pile of packages n letters for weeks before she found it. I check everywhere and they are no where to be found. I'm going to ask the DH to ask the carrier in the morning. Any suggestions or how to go about finding the lost items?? TIA

Contact the local post office as soon as possible and let them know that you were expecting x number of packages and only got y, and that they show as "delivered" when you track online. Let them know someone was home, and perhaps they were delivered to someone else by mistake. This has happened to me twice, and I have gotten the packages back both times. The postman was clueless; talk to the post office outright. Hope this helps.

Ok I've checked my PayPal acct and it just says 'shipped' for both items. I have only one mailing address for shipping , my home. I can't open a dispute for IRN until tomorrow. No word back from either seller yet. I'm also gng to get ahold of the post office later today as well

As long as your seller can prove the items have been delivered, you will not

be able to file a claim...

For your item that hasn't been delivered you can file..

But check with your mail carrier & perhaps neighbors.. sometimes someone gets

someone else's package, and they don't even realize it..

It sounds like you bought multiple items so check around...

Sometimes I've had the tracking show as "delivered" but they actually don't get delivered until the next day, so they may not be lost just yet. I'd definitely try to see if you could talk to the carrier though if you can be there when the mail comes.

Why are you opening an INR for items that were purchased only last week and show as still in transit? Ebay shouldn't let you file until at least another week has passed.

Why are you opening an INR for items that were purchased only last week and show as still in transit? Ebay shouldn't let you file until at least another week has passed.

Upon arriving home, getting the mail, I only received one package, and just checked my purchases on eBay, saying three have been delivered.
According to the OP, the items are shown as delivered--not in transit.

Ok I've checked my PayPal acct and it just says 'shipped' for both items. I have only one mailing address for shipping , my home. I can't open a dispute for IRN until tomorrow. No word back from either seller yet. I'm also gng to get ahold of the post office later today as well

According to the OP, the items are shown as delivered--not in transit.

Looks like the OP updated her original statement or I am misunderstanding :shrugs:

Looks like the OP updated her original statement or I am misunderstanding :shrugs:
I think the OP meant that when she went to her PP account, under "Order status/Actions", it states "shipped". However, this is the default status whenever packages are shipped and DC numbers are uploaded. It will never reflect as "delivered"...you will only see "delivered" when you click the "track" link and get taken to USPS' site.

ok sorry for a late update. yes PP showed shipped as ebay showed delivered. my husband did ask the carrier, who we have had for years and knows we get several packages. he stated that we had 3 with a rubber band delivered with regular mail. so today when i arrived for work (training for new job), there were the 2 missing packages, both opened with smear/disgusting marks on them, sitting on my sofa table with my mail today. i guess they were in my garbage containers outside ( i find this rather odd) since my mail slot is on my house and no one can access the mail.

I will call your local post office if USPS was the carrier.

So who found them in the trash? Again, you should talk directly with the post office supervisor, not the mail carrier. They will have access to far more information than the carrier.