ebay item paid for thru google

jmcadon

Jimmy Choo lover
Jul 2, 2007
I just bought a wallet on e bay and the seller does not use paypal. She sent me an invoice through Google. I had to set up an account to pay. She says she will ship when my payment clears. Does anyone know how long this takes? What a hassle!!! Why don't sellers just use paypal?

She has good feedback so I don't think there will be a problem and I did pay with a credit card so I can always do a chargeback if something happens. Although I have never had to do that...what a PITA! Live and learn!

Wow... that's interesting that she used Google checkout considering that is a payment method banned by eBay! Did her listing state that she doesn't use PayPal? I'm VERY CURIOUS as to how she got around it!?

I would love to use Google checkout myself!

Wow... that's interesting that she used Google checkout considering that is a payment method banned by eBay! Did her listing state that she doesn't use PayPal? I'm VERY CURIOUS as to how she got around it!?

I would love to use Google checkout myself!

Many people get around it by choosing merchant credit card account and then send an invoice through Google.

I did this twice, but then I discovered some not so great things about Google that were even WORSE than Paypal.

Do a search for my threads started to read. I'll never use Google again.

Let us know how it goes. Because I have heard you get NO protection whatsoever from Google if anything goes wrong. And it is against the rules on ebay to use Google?

OK. I will report back when I get this. Interesting...ebay does say that you can use this type of service, but it doesn't really get into the specifics. I had the wallet authenticated here and was told by several different long time authenticators that this seller sells authenticate bags and they have good feedback so people are getting their high end bags with no problems.
Should I confront them with the fact that what they are doing is against ebay policy?

I rarely sell on eBay but when I do, I use Google checkout. Basically, Google checkout is not allowed by eBay because it is considered competition. I use it because their fees are lower. The buyer, who pays by credit card, is ultimately protected by their credit card company in the form of chargebacks if something were to go wrong. It works that way if a credit card is used whether you go through paypal or google.

I just bought a wallet on e bay and the seller does not use paypal. She sent me an invoice through Google. I had to set up an account to pay. She says she will ship when my payment clears. Does anyone know how long this takes? What a hassle!!! Why don't sellers just use paypal?

Google takes a few days for deposit into a personal account. It's just like paypal. Some sellers using paypal will not ship until they transfer funds from their paypal account to their banking account and wait till the transfer is complete. I guess it's to prevent fraud/theft from the buyer.

Google takes a few days for deposit into a personal account. It's just like paypal. Some sellers using paypal will not ship until they transfer funds from their paypal account to their banking account and wait till the transfer is complete. I guess it's to prevent fraud/theft from the buyer.
Even tho I used a credit card? And I have great feedback? Hell, we just bought a 2007 Corvette on the bay! I will not buy again from someone who uses Google. As soon as I am through with this I am closing that account. I realise it is cheaper than paypal, but I just don't feel as safe.:nuts:

I heard from the seller. She says she will ship today, Saturday (I paid on Tuesday) which means she will print the shipping label and it will go out on Monday. I also see I got a $1.00 charge on my credit card for using Google check out. All in all with the wait of 2-3 additional days, the hidden charge, and the fact that ebay frowns on this and probably will have nothing to do with helping if you have problems (not that they help much anyway) I will not buy again from a seller who does not take Paypal! Google :tdown:

I heard from the seller. She says she will ship today, Saturday (I paid on Tuesday) which means she will print the shipping label and it will go out on Monday. I also see I got a $1.00 charge on my credit card for using Google check out. All in all with the wait of 2-3 additional days, the hidden charge, and the fact that ebay frowns on this and probably will have nothing to do with helping if you have problems (not that they help much anyway) I will not buy again from a seller who does not take Paypal! Google :tdown:

you shouldn't be charged for Google

The $1 was likely the security check authorization and it wasn't charged, just authorized. Although that shouldn't still be there from Tuesday