eBay: I'm the Winning Bidder, But Seller No Longer Wants to Sell Bag

trufflesbang said:
like I said before, you need to file a dispute through paypal regardless for item not received. that way they will open a dispute claim and you will have the transaction reversed and get your full money back. for get about ebay, they don't care and you're wasting your time.

Since the seller made some kind of attempt to return the funds, I can't file with PayPal. I was almost done with my PayPal complaint this morning when I received the e-mail from them saying that a refund had been sent. When I saw the e-mail I said, "screw it, I'm filing the complaint anyway." You have to go through several screens to get to the section where you detail your complaint, and when I clicked submit I got a message that I had timed out. The complaint was long and very detailed and I must have exceeded my time limit writing it.

Even though I saw that some sort of refund had been issued, I was still going to file the complaint. Because who knows if the funds will even be good in the end. Right now they mean nothing to me since there is a hold placed on them.

When I logged back in to PayPal I was no longer able to go through the process of filing a complaint. Since the seller had taken action on his end, the option to file with PayPal for this particular item number had been removed. If the seller does not eventually refund my amount IN FULL, I will have to find a way to log a complaint. If 24 hours from now the funds are still on hold, and if the difference of $50.01 has not been issued to me, I will continue to seek other routes with PayPal. For now though, there's not much I can do.
 
angstofgumby said:
When I logged back in to PayPal I was no longer able to go through the process of filing a complaint. Since the seller had taken action on his end, the option to file with PayPal for this particular item number had been removed. If the seller does not eventually refund my amount IN FULL, I will have to find a way to log a complaint. If 24 hours from now the funds are still on hold, and if the difference of $50.01 has not been issued to me, I will continue to seek other routes with PayPal. For now though, there's not much I can do.
I agree. You may not be able to fill out that form in particular, but I would still either send email to their general address or find some kind of "catchall" category in which to write my complaint. After all, just because action was taken on his/her end doesn't mean it was satisfactory!

I'm thinking there's got to be another way to do this, even if it requires tracking down a phone number for Paypal in order to make a call. Good luck! I've been burned once on eBay, so I know how badly it sucks. :sad2:
 
foxmonkey said:
I agree. You may not be able to fill out that form in particular, but I would still either send email to their general address or find some kind of "catchall" category in which to write my complaint. After all, just because action was taken on his/her end doesn't mean it was satisfactory!

I'm thinking there's got to be another way to do this, even if it requires tracking down a phone number for Paypal in order to make a call. Good luck! I've been burned once on eBay, so I know how badly it sucks. :sad2:

Maybe one of these numbers will help. :lol:
http://www.paypalsucks.com/PayPalPhoneNumbers.shtml
 
OMG gumby- I am so sorry you had to go through this! What a let down, and such a hassle! I know this totally sucks, but here is the bright side: you have all of us ladies (many who surf Ebay regularly) who will keep their eyes open for an another indigo first for you! Heck, you might just find one in our marketplace!
 
I suggest calling PayPal. I had to refund an e-check one time and they were easy to reach and very helpful. I was pleasantly surprised. Good luck--I hope you are able to resolve this ASAP!

Please post the seller's eBay ID so we can all block him. I don't want to buy from this seller and I don't want to sell to a scammer like this!
 
This is terrible. I'm so sorry you had to go through this (on top of the whiskey incident) I've had absolutely no good experiences with ebay myself... I hope you got all your funds back by now and don't worry, an indigo will turn up one of these days. Will surely keep an eye out for you.
 
I'm so sorry for your awful experience. You have definitely been really calm and level-headed, and firm when the seller was unresponsive. Please keep us updated...we're all rooting for you.
 
i only saw this thread now and omg i'm so sorry you had to go through this, that is exactly why i don't trust ebay. i can't believe she tried to keep the money AND the bag!
i really admire that you stayed so calm, i would have freaked immediately fearing the loss of over $1000.
 
I would like to send a big, hearty THANK YOU to all of the wonderful forum members who offered their support. Your advice and kind words were truly appreciated.

Thankfully my saga has come to an end. The funds were released today, and the seller also sent me the $50 that was lost in the conversion rates from Thursday to Sunday. I'm very grateful that I came out of this with my money.

I didn't get the bag, but that's OK. I live (and will also die) by the mantra "everything happens for a reason". For some reason, this bag was simply not meant to be mine. I try to take a lesson away from every situation I find myself in, and I can definitely say that I learned a few things about myself thanks to this experience. It wasn't exactly a positive one, but some personal enlightment did result. And I figure, if I'm meant to have an indigo first, one day I will find one. In the meantime, life goes on.

Thanks again, gals! Namaste; and carpe diem.
 
I am glad you were able to get all of money back! I just know you will find the right bag, maybe an indigo or even a ice blue? Will keep my eyes out for you though!
 
angstofgumby said:
I would like to send a big, hearty THANK YOU to all of the wonderful forum members who offered their support. Your advice and kind words were truly appreciated.

Thankfully my saga has come to an end. The funds were released today, and the seller also sent me the $50 that was lost in the conversion rates from Thursday to Sunday. I'm very grateful that I came out of this with my money.

I didn't get the bag, but that's OK. I live (and will also die) by the mantra "everything happens for a reason". For some reason, this bag was simply not meant to be mine. I try to take a lesson away from every situation I find myself in, and I can definitely say that I learned a few things about myself thanks to this experience. It wasn't exactly a positive one, but some personal enlightment did result. And I figure, if I'm meant to have an indigo first, one day I will find one. In the meantime, life goes on.

Thanks again, gals! Namaste; and carpe diem.

I am glad it all worked out in the end and that you were able to get your money back. There will be other bags to love :nuts: You will find another indigo first! :love:
 
Blue824 said:
Ugh, sorry that was such a stressful and long experience!! However...so glad that you got it resolved and didn't lose any money....but, get this! I clicked on the link to the auction and it said it was over, obviously, but had a bar showing the sellers other items..., lol, does this look familiar?! Wonder what the deal was....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6862556128&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr3_PcY_BID_IT

Blue, that's a different seller and a different item entirely. A few pages back I linked to that item (day/hobo in indigo) in the event that someone here was searching for an indigo hobo. Everything I have heard about the seller of the hobo has been positive.

The bag that I won was auction #5481741530.