ebay, i wish i knew how to quit you.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. anyone else try (and fail)?

2. I stopped using the site for about three months because of work commitments but I alwasy go back as I always have stuff to sell :upsidedown:

3. ok seriously the title made me laugh out loud.

i have been really bad and not listing really for months. a little hear and there but not much. but buying, plenty of buying. so yesterday i finally kicked my own butt and listed like 18 new things and relisted about 2o that i had forgotten about. i need to SELL baby!

sometimes i wish i could quit but i really need the money.

4. i'm addicted to browsing through ebay!!!

there are times that i feel compelled to just buy or bid on something for the thrill of "winning something"... then a voice inside me starts telling me to just get my lazy @$$ to the store and buy it from there...

... i've read way too many horror stories on ebay... have to be extremely cautious...

5. I'm too addicted to it lol ^-^

6. I am severly addicted to eBay. Just look at my signature! Seriously, I would be in a very different place (financially) if it weren't for eBay!

Honestly, I really have gotten myself into financial trouble due to eBay. DH says its an addiction and I think I might actually go to D.A. (debtors anonymous) because like DH says the more $ we make, the more you spend. I can spend $5,000+ on eBay in 1 month like nothing. NOT GOOD.

7. ya I can't quit either plus I'm an enabler.

8. I am trying to convince myself NOT to purchase any handbags from said site and I've been able to maintain my position but...my watchlist is huge and at any moment I could click on that little button and set myself up to receive a fake but I could also get a great deal..What cha gonna dooo?

9. ^ me too. i've had a real bad run w/sellers lately (not w/handbags, but w/other purchases) and i'm tired of it. did it stop me from buying b.e. makeup today? no...........

10. No I still look but I tend to buy mostly with stores. I wish they had better protections for the buyer against fakes and I would probably visit more often.

I still sell on Ebay but I hate to unless it will sell for a decent amount of money since the Ebay/Paypal fees are so high.

11. I haven't tried to quit and I love ebay. I have had problems with fakes etc but hey the + outweigh the -.

I don't feel anymore that I spend my money on BS from H&M when I can spend the same amount on a designer item. I honestly don't think I would spend any less if it weren't for ebay but I wouldn't have that a well-sorted wardrobe.

12. It's too hard!

13. For me? It's gotten to the point where I look for everything I need on eBay - cushions for my patio chairs, Chanel make-up brushes, bows for my baby girl's hair, a new pair of shoes. I am so far gone, it's the first place I go for ANYTHING!

14. Don't feel alone. I'm in the same boat!:P

15. I would like to quit ebay too. I have had a couple of good deals in the past but recently bought 2 fake perfumes (I had no idea that they were fake until they arrived). It really makes me angry that EVERYTHING has the potential for being a fake :cursing: