Ebay - Hide and Chic Event?

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
Central NJ
Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard of Ebay's Hide & Chic event, going on through August 22?

Here's the ebay promotional listing: http://ebay.promotionexpert.com/hideandchic/terms.html

And here are a pair of the shoes:http://cgi.ebay.com/Manolo-Pink-Sli...ryZ63889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They look fake to me... as do the other $1 manolos that show up in the search/hide & chic... http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=34&fsoo=1&fgtp=

So yeah, just checking to see if this Hide & Chic event is legitimate and if so, have people really found any great hidden (authentic) deals?

Thanks in advance! :P

apologies if this should be in the ebay and/or the authenticate threads... but it seemed like a deal/steal to me... not sure where to place it! :shame:

Oct 29, 2006
I think it's hard to tell based on the photo alone - I have a pair of white manolos which I purchased from NM in exactly in the same style per these pink ones. From the photo alone, it looks ok. What's suspect would be the sellers (all with zero ratings) and the flooding of ebay listings with the same pairs of shoes with the same photo lol. Funny thing is if you look through the T&Cs, it actually quotes Ebay as the sponsor of the promotion. It is difficult to imagine that Ebay will allow someone to misrepresent them on their own website. While it is only a $1, it's possible that (if it is a hacker) it is after your paypal account. That's the only logical explanation I can think of! Haha.

Roxana

♥'s dogs & bags
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
Europe
Hmm, that's vague. I've been looking, but can't seem to find the 'deals'. But I think it is just a promo from ebay. Because it seems that they make you go through all the other listings and you can only buy 1 per day..

Evening

May 13, 2008
Tempted to buy one and see what it's like. o_o Though the website is suspicious. It's not from an actual ebay.com website so I doubt they're real... why would ebay put that page on another domain and not their own?

leothelnss

buried in bags
O.G.
Jan 31, 2008
I think that guy is probably a spammer. You have to follow the clue on ebay.com/hideandchic to find the items. I dont think that they have the designer's name in the description of these items.

leothelnss

buried in bags
O.G.
Jan 31, 2008
I dunno about that... Because it is on their website, and since they only put up 50 items per day it wouldn't make sense for them to tell everyone about it, there are just too many users and it would make it pretty much impossible to win anything.
Maybe if someone asks the live chat we can get a definite answer about this?

finzup

Easily tempted
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Well I went for it and bought a $1 pair in a size that would never even fit me. I figured that I could give to a friend if they were legit.

Then I got afraid and changed all my ebay/paypal/email passwords in case this was some sort of scam.

We'll see... anyone else try it?

I have a feeling I won't be getting anything and I will have lost $1

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
Central NJ
Well I went for it and bought a $1 pair in a size that would never even fit me. I figured that I could give to a friend if they were legit.

Then I got afraid and changed all my ebay/paypal/email passwords in case this was some sort of scam.

We'll see... anyone else try it?

I have a feeling I won't be getting anything and I will have lost $1
Wow, please let me know how it goes!!

lionlaw

Jul 13, 2007
It is legit, I just called ebay and asked. The problem is making sure your seller is actually this strobe promotions and not some scammer.

I went ahead and bought the electric shaver for my fiance. I figure you can't beat $1 and the email address seems to match what ebay was telling me.

It did not use the brand name in the listing. It was just called Philips electric shaver instead of Norelco. The ebay hide and chic logo was all over the ad.

The seller's email was steve@strobepromo.com

The seller's address that pops up is:

Promotional Account
Hicksville, NY 11801

Can't beat $1 for a $200 razor.

Last edited:

gtm120psu

O.G.
Apr 16, 2008
Baltimore, md
It is legit, I just called ebay and asked. The problem is making sure your seller is actually this strobe promotions and not some scammer.

I went ahead and bought the electric shaver for my fiance. I figure you can't beat $1 and the email address seems to match what ebay was telling me.

It did not use the brand name in the listing. It was just called Philips electric shaver instead of Norelco. The ebay hide and chic logo was all over the ad.

The seller's email was steve@strobepromo.com

The seller's address that pops up is:

Promotional Account
Hicksville, NY 11801

Can't beat $1 for a $200 razor.
how does this whole thing work?

how do you find the hidden listing?

by searching on that item?

And it randomly pops up for some people.

is it only the choo shoes, tommy bahama shirt, kate spade wallet, razar?

or are there other items?

i haven't recieved any clues yet.

TIA