Ebay help: Electronic checks?

fr2nc1z

O.G.
Mar 26, 2006
Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to ebay so I usually stick to paypal.
I received a question by someone saying that they would buy my product (not through ebay, they emailed me? I'm not sure how they got my email - and its a sk2 btw). Anyhow, the payment they offered was an electronic check and they were willing to pay more than what I was asking..

So I feel hesitant.. Can anyone help? Thanks!

I once accepted an e-check, sent the item, and then the buyer cancelled the check. I emailed her, she sent another e-check, and then the bank declined it. There went my dress!!!

^ Oh that's horrible!
Its so insane how some of this stuff happens! I really don't like ebay that much :huh:

It seems like such a scary far-away place with creepy shadowy corners

Do NOT sell anything off of ebay! This is similar to a scam that used to happen on craigslist!
Tell them you will relist the item and they can buy it then and you will only accept paypal or money order/cashiers check. In terms of paypal...yes there are electronic checks. It will show as pending in your paypal account until it clears the bank (just like a normal check)...once it shows as cleared THEN mail out the item! Never send the item out before the payment clears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!