eBay Gwenissima disappointment

LoubyLady

Jun 24, 2009
Hi Ladies,

I scored what I thought was a really good deal on these shoes this week:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....6193148&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_959

They arrived superfast, but what she didn't mention in the listing or show in the pics is that there are some flaws:
- the patent has come off at the toe on one shoe
- there are nicks one of the heels
- the 'slight scuffs on the soles' are actually pretty bad and they need vibraming immediately. Slight scuffs to me means that they've been visibly worn but can be worn again without resoling.

Now I'm sure these things can be fixed, and £102 is probably a great price for these shoes - but I feel kinda cheated/disappointed.

What do you ladies think I should do? I want to keep the shoes, but they are going to cost to get them fixed up - which I didn't factor in when I bid.

Should I accept that it's still a great deal? Or try and ask for a partial refund? Has anyone ever done this and been successful?

Many thanks in advance - I'll try to post pics later.

you can file an item not as described claim on paypal...it looks like they did disclose the patent scuffing along the toebox area from the one photo but as for the rest...i can't say without pics

Thank you Sara. By filing one of those, does that mean I have to return the shoes?

There's more scuffing than is shown on the pics - sort of on the top of the toe if that makes sense, not just on the platform.

you don't necessariy have to returnt hem, you can go to a cobbler and get an estimate on the cost of repairing them to your satisfaction and include it as part of the claim...but i don't think the seller is under any obligation to pay THAT charge (you can request a partial refund) and if you do'nt come to an agreement you will either have to send the shoes back or just live with them.

it's been a long time since i was part of a SNAD dispute so my memories are a bit hazy!

make sure you take a LOT of pictures to document these flaws, ebay /paypal tend to side with the buyer so you are probably going to win

I've gotten a partial refund before when I felt like items were vastly more used that I thought they were... it's worth a try before you go through PP.