Ebay.....Grrrr!!!!!!!

LAltiero85

<3
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Okay, I'm a little p*ssed right now, because I just bought a bag (Coach Black Signature Gallery Tote) w/ a BIN option, and the seller emails me today, without even saying 'thank you' for the purchase, and tells me she got my payment but can't ship the bag because my address is not "verified" w/ paypal (my old address is on there, I don't use paypal that often, so I forgot to change it, which I did as soon as she informed me I was unverified.) Here's the kicker though.....she has MY MONEY...it's still not refunded to my account, so she has my money, and is telling me she WILL NOT ship MY ITEM until I abide by HER TERMS.....I'm sorry, and I understand she doesn't know me and shouldn't have to trust me, but she got her payment...what is she worried about??? AND, shouldn't she have refunded me FIRST before she told me she wouldn't ship the item??? WTF??????? I think she went about it all wrong, but that's just me. And I bought a pretty pricy item (well, not so pricy, but it's not like it's $20 we're dealing w/ here.) and she is keeping my money until I abide by HER terms, while I'M the one that's paying HER? Sorry I just really needed to rant.

I can understand she doesn t want to ship to an unverified address but has she offered a refund?
Exactly! I don't understand why she wants to mess around w/ refunds and repaying period. It took me five seconds to verify my new address....it's done. I'm officially verified. So why go through all of the other hassle? I'm just really worried I'll be charged twice!

Anyway, thanks for posting!:flowers:

Has she contacted you since you were verified? It is not her policy or rules, it is ebay/paypal's and the seller has NO PROTECTION if they mail an item to an unverified address and that is what she had at the time of first contact. Perhaps she just has not gotten back to the computer since you verified. She should have thanked you for your purchase, but it probably slipped her mind as she was worried about not being protected if anything went wrong with the transaction.

Has she contacted you since you were verified? It is not her policy or rules, it is ebay/paypal's and the seller has NO PROTECTION if they mail an item to an unverified address and that is what she had at the time of first contact. Perhaps she just has not gotten back to the computer since you verified. She should have thanked you for your purchase, but it probably slipped her mind as she was worried about not being protected if anything went wrong with the transaction.
True. I understand that she wants to be protected, but so do I. She has both the bag and the money now, which makes me uneasy. No she has not gotten back to me. If she doesn't get back to me by the end of the day, I may have to report her. I'm just not comfortable with her being paid and keeping the item.

Take a deep breath and calm down. :smile: Did you email her and tell her that you're now verified? Once she sees that, I'm sure she'll ship. I don't blame her about not shipping to an unverified addy. Was it the way that she said it that sent you over the edge?

If your address was unconfirmed with the payment it will still show this way on her transaction page. Ask her to refund you the money so you can resend the payment now that your address is verified and confirmed with PayPal. Good Luck!

Are you both experienced ebayers with loads of transactions under your belts? If, so, should be no major problem. REmember that through email, sometimes communication is not at its maximum level. I know there are scammers out there, and people are worried on both sides of a deal, but actually EVERY transaction starts out with the seller in posession of both money and item.

Thanks everyone. I just don't like the fact that she has both the money and the bag and I'm in the dark. I did email her and told her I'm now verified. But she still has not gotten back to me.

Are you both experienced ebayers with loads of transactions under your belts? If, so, should be no major problem. REmember that through email, sometimes communication is not at its maximum level. I know there are scammers out there, and people are worried on both sides of a deal, but actually EVERY transaction starts out with the seller in posession of both money and item.
Well, I'm definitely not experienced...lol! Which is probably why I'm upset. That's true that every transaction starts out this way. I just wish she would get back to me. :sad: We shall see what happens. Thanks for your response!