Ebay Glitch: Beware

BomberGal

O.G.
Aug 25, 2009
South Korea
Ok, so Ebay is being a massive screw up right now.

Tried to pay for an item. Error message came up saying transaction could not be completed at this time and if problems persist contact ebay. I check, item is still marked unpaid. So I wait a bit and try to pay again, get same message and item is still marked unpaid and the "You need to pay for 1 item" notice is still there.

Well, I go to make a payment on my card only to discover... BOTH payments actually went through.

DO NOT try to pay again if you get that message. Check your card and notify ebay that the payment went through and the item is still marked unpaid.

Now I'm waiting for a response from Ebay and the seller, who I've asked to cancel / refund the second payment.

On another odd note, this month none of my paypal purchases are showing in my transaction archive even though all of my payments have gone through. The only one showing was a direct invoice. All of my other Etsy & Ebay purchases and private payments aren't showing at all. Meaning if I needed to file a dispute, I wouldn't be able to as there is no paypal record of the transactions.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Last edited:

Tarhls

Feb 16, 2010
Australia
This just happened to me too. I have emailed the seller asking for one of the payments to be refunded and marked the item as payment sent.

Tarhls

Feb 16, 2010
Australia
My mum just called, she sold an item and has only received the payment but the item is still active/available for sale on eBay. I hope eBay fixes these glitches ASAP

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
My mum just called, she sold an item and has only received the payment but the item is still active/available for sale on eBay. I hope eBay fixes these glitches ASAP
They are probably doing the USPS shipping update. Wait until later to pay for anything.

BomberGal

O.G.
Aug 25, 2009
South Korea
After searching online it seems its happened to many people. Fortunately, my seller was wonderful and quick to respond, so I've already been refunded the second payment. Hopefully it works out as smoothly for others that experienced issues. And, while I'm still missing some transactions, most are now showing in my paypal.

Dec 5, 2007
tiburon
It also happened to me. I ended up paying 6 times, more than $500 because of the error that kept asking me to try again. I checked each time before making another payment again and each time, the purchase page said I'd to pay for the item.
I stayed up till 4am and called paypal as soon as it opened and had the 5 payments reversed. I emailed my seller, explaining what happened. Thank goodness my seller is extremely nice and understanding. I was worried I would be seen as a scammer, paying 6 times and then having 5 reversed!