Ebay gives me creeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
but didnt you ask her if it was greyed or the true lavender and she said it was true lavender and was new? if so then why did you change your mind? maybe the pics are just not representing the item in the way that it is....

As the seller of this item then I can assure everyone that there was no greying. It is not in my interests to mislead buyers as why on earth would I want a string of complaints, returns and negative feedbacks? Anyone can look at my completed auctions and feedback and see that I have sold some completely trashed LV - all flaws have been disclosed.

I can put my hand on my heart and say that from between 80 and 100 sales a month for the last 18 months then NOT ONE SINGLE ITEM HAS EVER BEEN RETURNED TO ME WITH A COMPLAINT and I think that speaks volumes.

The buyer asked questions as to whether the colour was damaged or just crappy photos, I replied saying the photos were crappy. The buyer bought and then asked if she could return it if she wasn't happy. I said no for the SIMPLE reason that imports into the UK are taxed at 40% so I would pay half again to have the item returned to me. THAT is the ONLY reason I don't take international returns.

The buyer has been sent this explanation and I believe this is the "shouting" to which is referred. The buyer has also been sent numerous links to other lavender vernis auctions to display the colour issues with this item in that it is difficult to capture on camera.

The Agenda was priced at the price I was asked to sell it for. I am glad my items are seen as cheap - perhaps I will get more customers!

PS: Thanks for sending me the link so I can see what is said !

Having just received a gorgeous brand new Josephine from Rebecca - I can only say that she is a lovely seller that represents her items accurately and prices them very fair!

You said in an earlier post that you were looking for a lavender agenda and that Becks had one and it looked greyish. So you KNEW it may have been discolored and you still bought it. You entered into the contract and it's now your responsibility to follow through. I'm sure you would be complaining if this was done to you on one of your auctions.

As the seller of this item then I can assure everyone that there was no greying. It is not in my interests to mislead buyers as why on earth would I want a string of complaints, returns and negative feedbacks? Anyone can look at my completed auctions and feedback and see that I have sold some completely trashed LV - all flaws have been disclosed.

I can put my hand on my heart and say that from between 80 and 100 sales a month for the last 18 months then NOT ONE SINGLE ITEM HAS EVER BEEN RETURNED TO ME WITH A COMPLAINT and I think that speaks volumes.

The buyer asked questions as to whether the colour was damaged or just crappy photos, I replied saying the photos were crappy. The buyer bought and then asked if she could return it if she wasn't happy. I said no for the SIMPLE reason that imports into the UK are taxed at 40% so I would pay half again to have the item returned to me. THAT is the ONLY reason I don't take international returns.

The buyer has been sent this explanation and I believe this is the "shouting" to which is referred. The buyer has also been sent numerous links to other lavender vernis auctions to display the colour issues with this item in that it is difficult to capture on camera.

The Agenda was priced at the price I was asked to sell it for. I am glad my items are seen as cheap - perhaps I will get more customers!

PS: Thanks for sending me the link so I can see what is said !

thanks for coming in and posting your side. I totally agree with the information you have provided it was buyers remorse, you gave her an explanation regarding *crappy* pic's and she still made the choice to buy it.
It is up to her now to hold up her end or get the neg feedback.
I think a lot of us can understand the issue with customs and can totally agree with you getting charged for your own item because its being returned :cursing:

So let me get this straight. You won't honor your bid on an auction because the seller won't refund you if you don't like the item? Did you not read the seller's auction terms? It says right there: "I do not accept returns simply because you do not like the item or because it is smaller/larger than you imagined." Did you think she was affiliated with Louis Vuitton or Neiman Marcus and that you had 30 days to return or exchange? I really don't think she's in the wrong here. I also believe she is fully justified if she's "yelling" at you in emails.

One more thing... could you give us your eBay ID so we know who to block for time-wasting? :rolleyes: Seriously, you're one of those eBayers who think they're entitled to a return just because you don't like it. It's eBay for cripes sake, not Kmart. And, obviously, you're one of those eBayers who won't honor their bid even though all your questions were answered before the end of the auction. Honestly, it's buyers like this that make eBay a bad place.

To be fair to the buyer, crappy photos is my expression - she was very polite about querying the colour and I gave an honest response. I don't want anyone thinking she was rude in her initial approach. My vernis photographs are always crap as I think my current auctions show - LOL!

Perhaps it is something I should practice to secure quicker sales on them!

I do, however, believe there has been a little over-dramatising of my reaction to the buyer.

Okay. I ****ed up. But, still don't deserve to be yelled at. I wouldn't yell at her, especially if my agenda was perfect and it's not like I ruined her auction in the first hour. It was the last couple of minutes and no one had bid on it. I personally wouldn't treat anyone like that. It's not the end of the world. And, I have a right be careful with my money, especially when there is no refund involved. oops. I guess I'm horrible ( just kidding)... oh, the pain the agony...

maybe you should pay for her listing fees. It costs her money just to list and now she'll have to re-list because you changed your mind.

So let me get this straight. You won't honor your bid on an auction because the seller won't refund you if you don't like the item? Did you not read the seller's auction terms? It says right there: "I do not accept returns simply because you do not like the item or because it is smaller/larger than you imagined." Did you think she was affiliated with Louis Vuitton or Neiman Marcus and that you had 30 days to return or exchange? I really don't think she's in the wrong here. I also believe she is fully justified if she's "yelling" at you in emails.

One more thing... could you give us your eBay ID so we know who to block for time-wasting? :rolleyes: Seriously, you're one of those eBayers who think they're entitled to a return just because you don't like it. It's eBay for cripes sake, not Kmart. And, obviously, you're one of those eBayers who won't honor their bid even though all your questions were answered before the end of the auction. Honestly, it's buyers like this that make eBay a bad place.

I believe you'll find it in this auction link that was previously posted
eBay: AUTHENTIC LOUIS VUITTON VERNIS SMALL RING AGENDA PM (item 150028719145 end time Sep-11-06 09:34:20 PDT)

I have purchased 2 items from Rebecca and I think she is one of the best sellers on Ebay. Anything she lists for sale is absolutely authentic, and she is also excellent about explaining the condition in writing as well taking excellent photos that clearly show the condition of the items.

Personally....ALL questions should be asked hours before the auction closes. As a seller I am always ticked off when someone sends a question with 5 minutes left....geez I have a life and am not sitting there all the time waiting for auctions to close.
As a buyer you agreed to purchase the item....if you had any doubt whatsoever you should have asked questions way before the auction closed.
As a seller I would file a NPB strike against you (3 strikes and ebay boots you), and file a negative and put you on my blocked bidders list.
Sorry if that seems a little harsh...and I'm not trying to come across rude.....but rules are rules.
Anyways....I hope you find your item eventually.

Understood. But, we can all make mistakes and change our mind and people don't need to yell at us. That's life. Especially when there is no return policy. She is still emailing yelling at me. ick.

When you place a bid on ebay, there is a disclaimer that states your bid is a contract. If you aren't sure about whether you want an item or not, it's simple. Just don't bid.

Sorry if you think this is harsh but it costs a seller time and money to list and sell on ebay. Rebeccalou is one of the absolute best sellers on ebay. She is extremely honest and would never, ever misrepresent her items. I have read many threads on tPF asking about who the good ebay sellers are. Rebeccalou is always mentioned as highly recommended.

Having just received a gorgeous brand new Josephine from Rebecca - I can only say that she is a lovely seller that represents her items accurately and prices them very fair!

Absolutely! I purchased a Peppermint Vernis Ludlow from her, and I absolutely LOVE it! And she even sent me a nice little surprise with the package that I still carry in my purse :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.