eBay fees?

helene20

Feb 12, 2012
I am in Canada and want to sell a LV item on eBay.

Anyone of you know the fee I will have to pay to eBay?

Also how do I know that the transaction is legit?

Thanks!

You will also have to pay the Paypal fee if you're accepting Paypal.

Ebay fees are higher than they used to be, but lower than consignment fees.

Read the numerous threads on protecting yourself on eBay, and Paypal/payment threads.

Thank you, I did the calculator for a bag. If I sell a bag $400 I have to give them $40. That 10% of the sale.

Pretty high. Is that always that high?

They have been this high for a while now:sad:. I used to sell on ebay years ago and they were quite a bit lower. I think you have to figure that you will end up paying about 13% in total if you accept Paypal as payment.

A lot of people here like to use the fixed price with "make an offer" option. This way, you can screen the buyers before you accept any offers. I have used this option but I think that the listing fees are a bit higher. I know you read a lot of horror stories on here, but if you are OK with the ebay fees and you are not selling really expensive bags, I have not had any issues with selling.

They have been this high for a while now:sad:. I used to sell on ebay years ago and they were quite a bit lower. I think you have to figure that you will end up paying about 13% in total if you accept Paypal as payment.

A lot of people here like to use the fixed price with "make an offer" option. This way, you can screen the buyers before you accept any offers. I have used this option but I think that the listing fees are a bit higher. I know you read a lot of horror stories on here, but if you are OK with the ebay fees and you are not selling really expensive bags, I have not had any issues with selling.

Thank you that helps a lot. I usually only sell on Kijiji but have no luck this time so I might try the eBay route. I am a bit afraid of it because of scams.