eBay fees are going up (again)

Roo

O.G.
Apr 28, 2006
Just got this email... (I am not sure if this was already posted, if it was and I missed it, Sorry!)

Insertion fee is increasing to .40 cents
FVF for items $25.01- $1000 increasing to 3.25%

What's really crappy is that the 40 cents only apply if you list it up to 9.99. I just listed a wallet for 14.99 and the insertion fee is 60 cents. Nichol and diming us...

ME TOO! If Bill Cobbs says that it was (according to Nielsen NetRatings) the most successful online site for "Black Friday" and "Cyber Monday" it seems to me that they are already making plenty of money. It's not about keeping "the marketplace strong for ebay sellers"...give me a break! ! With over 1300 feedback since Jan. 1999, I've just about given up making much of a profit. It's almost not worth it! Ridiculous!

Correct, currently Amazon and Yahoo auctions are not big. However, they will grow as more and more people are getting annoyed with eBay. Anyway, it does not cost you anything to list BOTH at eBay and Yahoo. And now when you can combine your feedback from both Yahoo and eBay using the site (SeeMyFeedback.com) I've mentioned above it's definately worth a try.

I wouldn't mind paying the higher fees if they had better customer support. A while back, they promised that they'd stop sending the canned emails. That lasted only a couple months. Now they send them again. When you send something to Trust & Safety, the person on the receiving end does not even READ it. Often a simple problem takes five emails to resolve because the answerer doesn't read (or possibly understand) what you need help with. That is the most frustrating thing to me.