eBay Experienced Sellers; Do you advertise the Cashback %'s i.e., bing.com/live.com

Ms. P

Jul 26, 2006
I'm just wondering why Seller's who are selling Buy It Now type auctions don't advertise in subtitle or in body when Bing.com or = are offering a cash back? Or do they? I just started selling and my husbands told me not to do this because they change constantly and then if the buyer screws it up it's my fault. What is your position? Thank you for your help

I believe it may be against eBay's rules to advertise the Bing.com cashback promotion -- but that needs to be verified.

Even if it's not against the rules, I wouldn't do it myself because I think it's too confusing for the casual shopper to figure out (and your husband has a good point about the % changing.)

I used to do it and now eBay will flag your listing and give you one of those warnings as you list. They claim it's because there are certain qualifications necessary for the Bing.com cashback.

I know of a few sellers who had buyers complained because they didn't understand that you may have to wait 60 days and filed complaints with PP for the sellers to issue the cashback. :rolleyes: