eBay, etc. General Question/Answer Thread

Does EBay use USPS when they ship items out from their authentication centers?
If it works the same with bags as it does with sneakers, they supply a Fedex label to the seller to ship the item to the authenticators.

Once the item passes their inspection (authenticity and condition), it's forwarded to the buyer using the service that the seller offered in the listing. I offered Ground Advantage and the sneakers were shipped to the buyer using that service.

If it works the same with bags as it does with sneakers, they supply a Fedex label to the seller to ship the item to the authenticators.

Once the item passes their inspection (authenticity and condition), it's forwarded to the buyer using the service that the seller offered in the listing. I offered Ground Advantage and the sneakers were shipped to the buyer using that service.
Thank you very much !

I have a straight forward question that apparently no one can answer including eBay sellers and eBay customer service.

There is a bag I want in Japan. It will be shipped to the US authentication service within eBay. I live in the US.

Seller says I won’t be charged duties because it is shipped internationally to eBay first. eBay’s platform charges me duties at check out.

eBay customer service is super unhelpful but said that “I should be responsible for duties” but they don’t know how I would be charged or how I would pay.

Has anyone experienced this? How did it work? It can’t be that uncommon.

I have a straight forward question that apparently no one can answer including eBay sellers and eBay customer service.

There is a bag I want in Japan. It will be shipped to the US authentication service within eBay. I live in the US.

Seller says I won’t be charged duties because it is shipped internationally to eBay first. eBay’s platform charges me duties at check out.

eBay customer service is super unhelpful but said that “I should be responsible for duties” but they don’t know how I would be charged or how I would pay.

Has anyone experienced this? How did it work? It can’t be that uncommon.
The way it should work is that you will pay any duties up front when you pay for the purchase through ebay. It'll be built into the payment charged at checkout. There shouldn't be further charges.

Reactions: Toby93 and whateve
Question re shipping

I sold a bag a few hours ago that has to go via Authentication and the buyer has since contacted me requesting a delay to shipping - I offer two day shipping.

First she asked me to delay shipping for a few days, now it’s 10 days. She’ll be away and apparently can’t change delivery arrangements and wants to accept it personally.

I haven’t had a request like this before and am fairly sure I have to cancel (if she can’t sort out her delivery) but wondering if there’s an alternative?

Thanks!

Question re shipping

I sold a bag a few hours ago that has to go via Authentication and the buyer has since contacted me requesting a delay to shipping - I offer two day shipping.

First she asked me to delay shipping for a few days, now it’s 10 days. She’ll be away and apparently can’t change delivery arrangements and wants to accept it personally.

I haven’t had a request like this before and am fairly sure I have to cancel (if she can’t sort out her delivery) but wondering if there’s an alternative?

Thanks!
Quite tough situation, depends on how much is the item sold, how likely it can be resold, whether making great profit or losing money, how’s this person’s feed back, whether she had paid etc then decide.

Reactions: Straight-Laced
Question re shipping

Thanks!
Check if she means she needs it delivered in 10 days, if so, call eBay CS to check, but with the holiday and going through authentication, along with shipping from you to eBay and then from eBay to her, it will probably take more than 10 days. For context, I purchased an item last month that was shipped to eBay authenticate and the whole process took about 2.5-3 weeks (it also crossed a national/postal holiday - Juneteenth, in that case).

Check if she means she needs it delivered in 10 days, if so, call eBay CS to check, but with the holiday and going through authentication, along with shipping from you to eBay and then from eBay to her, it will probably take more than 10 days. For context, I purchased an item last month that was shipped to eBay authenticate and the whole process took about 2.5-3 weeks (it also crossed a national/postal holiday - Juneteenth, in that case).
Thanks!

First she asked me to delay shipping until 8 July, then amended it to 15 July, taking Authentication into account. Buyer is super excited to get the bag and purchased in the middle of the night due to FOMO making her sleepless. She seems very nice and I’d like to accommodate her as best I can but it’s somewhere between tricky and impossible.

I’m actually in Australia and authentication and onward shipping is lightning fast here. Also there no longer seems to be any phone communication available with eBay CS in Australia - not good

Last edited:
Thanks!

First she asked me to delay shipping until 8 July, then amended it to 15 July, taking Authentication into account. Buyer is super excited to get the bag and purchased in the middle of the night due to FOMO making her sleepless. She seems very nice and I’d like to accommodate her as best I can but it’s somewhere between tricky and impossible.

I’m actually in Australia and authentication and onward shipping is lightning fast here. Also there no longer seems to be any phone communication available with eBay CS in Australia - not good
Ah sorry to hear that! I will wait for the eBay experts to chime in, but maybe the best solution is to send her a message that you unfortunately need to cancel her order for now so that you stay in compliance with your stated shipping and handling times, and that she is welcome to buy it again if it is still available on the 15th (and that you are hoping it is, etc). I would feel sad to disappoint her, but you don’t want to get into trouble for not shipping within a certain time frame.

Ah sorry to hear that! I will wait for the eBay experts to chime in, but maybe the best solution is to send her a message that you unfortunately need to cancel her order for now so that you stay in compliance with your stated shipping and handling times, and that she is welcome to buy it again if it is still available on the 15th (and that you are hoping it is, etc). I would feel sad to disappoint her, but you don’t want to get into trouble for not shipping within a certain time frame.
Thanks for your helpful suggestions!

I encouraged buyer to cancel and buy again with a new shipping time of 7 or 10 business days, but eventually she decided that shipping should go ahead with the original time frame after all and to let delivery arrangements stand.

I hope she doesn’t change her mind again, but I wouldn’t be surprised :rolleyes:

Thanks for your helpful suggestions!

I encouraged buyer to cancel and buy again with a new shipping time of 7 or 10 business days, but eventually she decided that shipping should go ahead with the original time frame after all and to let delivery arrangements stand.

I hope she doesn’t change her mind again, but I wouldn’t be surprised :rolleyes:
That’s great news. Fingers crossed!