eBay, etc. General Question/Answer Thread

^ Good luck BgaHolic!!! For domestic shipments, I like to use FedEx (or UPS) because I find their immediate tracking updates very useful. For international shipments I ship via USPS (I don't recommend shipping parcel, the slowest method USPS offers) because USPS is "cheaper" on the buyer's end.

bgaholic- If you are just starting out, I would not ship internationally. That will cut down on the amount of possible issues. In all the years that I've been buying & selling I've only had one person try to scam me and that was an international buyer, and because I did everything the way I was supposed to (shipped with insurance & sig conf, shipped to paypal address) I was covered by paypal's seller protection.

If you are shipping domestically, I recommend UPS. I think they are really reliable with tracking and getting signature. USPS has never let me down either though. Always get insurance.

Well then I really have a problem 'cause I've never bought anything on Ebay before either. I am a total Ebay virgin! :lolots: I guess I'm just getting scared of being taken advantage of especially when I read a lot of these threads! Which of the two do you recommend when it comes to shipping - UPS or USPS?

You can start off small, purchase some items like books, movies or cd's on Ebay or Half.com and build your feedback. Just a thought! I know we hear all the horror stories here but overall I've had very few problems and I've purchased a lot. :shame:

I don't think I've ever had an item shipped to me UPS from an Ebay purchase, it's always been USPS. It's so easy just to pop over to PayPal and print the label, and you get a discount for printing it online, and your buyer gets an automatic notice with tracking info. Plus USPS will deliver on a Saturday and does not charge extra for a residential address.

Though I should put a disclaimer, I work for USPS, though I ship using both services! I just always use USPS for Ebay. :biggrin:

Linda

^^Thank you want it all! I'm taking all your advice. I just have to muster up the confidence to go forward!
You're very welcome, girl! Good luck, and yeah, you could go the way of mello_yello and look into FedEx or UPS for domestic shipments (I'm like LindaP and just find USPS more convenient). ;) Whatever works best for you! :biggrin:

What happened to the Bonanzle/Bonanza Fakes thread? Aren't they acting on our reports anymore, or was the thread moved? I've used the Report button in the Bonanza listing but it seems like the listings are hardly ever removed, and when they are it takes several days to do it.

Sorry if this has already been answered but I can't find the reporting thread.

I'm asking the same questions. How do u report fake in Bonanza?

I'm asking the same questions. How do u report fake in Bonanza?

When you log in to Bonanza, on the bottom of the listing, there are three links that open/close when you click on them: "Advanced Details", "Actions", and "Tag it". Click on "Actions" for it to open up and click on the last link - "Report Violation". Scroll down to choose "Fake/inauthentic" and report away!

I've a new question:

So with eBay transactions, I know that buyers have 4 days to send payment (regardless of what the seller says) per eBay rules. But for sellers, what is eBay's rule regarding how many days they have until they ship out an item? Is it 7 days? Can anyone correct that info or confirm it? TIA!

I've a new question:

So with eBay transactions, I know that buyers have 4 days to send payment (regardless of what the seller says) per eBay rules. But for sellers, what is eBay's rule regarding how many days they have until they [have to] ship out an item? Is it 7 days? Can anyone correct that info or confirm it? TIA!

Anyone? :tumbleweed:

I believe it was 7 days but I'm not sure if it changed to 4 days when the amount of days a buyer had to pay, changed.

I believe it might be somewhere in the "seller protection" guideline. I think in order to be protected by a claim the seller has to ship out in a certain time frame but I'm not sure of that's the same thing. Try looking in paypal under seller protection.. :shrugs:

I don't remember offhand, but it is in the ebay rules if you search on there.

I believe it was 7 days but I'm not sure if it changed to 4 days when the amount of days a buyer had to pay, changed.

I believe it might be somewhere in the "seller protection" guideline. I think in order to be protected by a claim the seller has to ship out in a certain time frame but I'm not sure of that's the same thing. Try looking in paypal under seller protection.. :shrugs:

Will do. Thank you both!

Hi Ladies, I would appreciate your feedback on this basic question ---

I just sold my first item on eBay. Buyer paid promptly, I shipped out item the next morning, and it was delivered and signed for by buyer yesterday. I understand that one can leave positive feedback only for the buyer, and since she paid quickly I'd like to do that. However, I don't know if she will become a "difficult" buyer and leave negative feedback. I haven't heard from her yet so that's a good sign, but it's only been 1 day, so how long should I wait before I ask her to leave positive feedback? Or am I supposed to leave feedback first as a seller, and tell her I left her positive feedback, and politely ask she do the same? As a buyer, I've always emailed the seller immediately to tell them that I've received the package and I'm leaving positive feedback (if I'm satisfied with the item), and if he/she can also do the same.

As a new seller, the payment is suspended so I am eager to get a positive feedback.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/feedback/comments.

I wait until after the buyer leaves me feedback.

I never ask for feedback because you don't know what you are asking for.

Call paypal with the delivery confirmation number - they will release your money. I think they do it automatically within 3 days after dc shows delivered.

Hi Ladies, I would appreciate your feedback on this basic question ---

I just sold my first item on eBay. Buyer paid promptly, I shipped out item the next morning, and it was delivered and signed for by buyer yesterday. I understand that one can leave positive feedback only for the buyer, and since she paid quickly I'd like to do that. However, I don't know if she will become a "difficult" buyer and leave negative feedback. I haven't heard from her yet so that's a good sign, but it's only been 1 day, so how long should I wait before I ask her to leave positive feedback? Or am I supposed to leave feedback first as a seller, and tell her I left her positive feedback, and politely ask she do the same? As a buyer, I've always emailed the seller immediately to tell them that I've received the package and I'm leaving positive feedback (if I'm satisfied with the item), and if he/she can also do the same.

As a new seller, the payment is suspended so I am eager to get a positive feedback.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/feedback/comments.

I leave feedback for the buyer first, especially if they've been great throughout the process - fast payment, friendly communication. I have never regretted it. Definitely don't ask for it if you haven't left it.

Linda

Hi everybody i have been searching the next for the last ten hours trying to find a key chain for the purse i bought my GF for the holiday season. I really need to find it because it will complete all the gifts and do what my plan was all along and that is put a huge smile on my GF's face. The item number is 92154..........it is a gray elephant with pink ears and leather. If anyone knows some selling this or a website i can look at that maybe i have not found yet it would be greatly appreciated.:biggrin: