eBay, etc. General Question/Answer Thread

One of the items I sold is lost in the USPS system. I opened a missing mail search a few days ago. If I have to file an insurance claim, you have to prove the item's worth. It was a vintage bag. How do I prove what it is worth? Shouldn't the price paid by the buyer be enough?
The price it sold for would be the value.

• Thanks
Reactions: whateve
If you filed for NAD (not as described) through the order, as opposed to just contacting the seller and asking for a return, when the seller accepts, you should have received a prepaid return shipping label.

Print the label, attach it and ship. Once tracking on the label shows delivery to the seller, the seller has 2 days to issue the refund. If she doesn't do that, you can request ebay to step in. They'll issue the refund.

It sounds like ebay NARU'ed the seller so I'm not sure whether you're able to contact her.

For some reason, eBay just refunded me. I guess my 12 year old has a new purse!

Could someone explain a postage time issue?
I sold an item over the weekend with a 2 day postage time. I checked the order details carefully (twice) and the item was to be posted by 11.59pm Tuesday 16 April - that’s today in my part of the world.

When I printed the postage label through eBay this morning the advice had changed to shipping by Monday 15 April. How does this happen?

I’m annoyed that I didn’t print the original order advice for 16 April, but that date was the expected shipping time frame anyway so I didn’t think I’d need to.

Any ideas?

As a seller I really can’t keep up with eBay anymore :annoyed:

Could someone explain a postage time issue?
I sold an item over the weekend with a 2 day postage time. I checked the order details carefully (twice) and the item was to be posted by 11.59pm Tuesday 16 April - that’s today in my part of the world.

When I printed the postage label through eBay this morning the advice had changed to shipping by Monday 15 April. How does this happen?

I’m annoyed that I didn’t print the original order advice for 16 April, but that date was the expected shipping time frame anyway so I didn’t think I’d need to.

Any ideas?

As a seller I really can’t keep up with eBay anymore :annoyed:
Makes no difference right? You just ship it asap