Ebay Dilemma- Stuck!

  1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I accepted a best offer from a bidder with only a few feedback (but last one is another high-end bag.) She is from abroad. Anyway, my auction states payment must be made via PayPal within 24 hours. However, I emailed her after sending her an invoice, and she wants to pay on Sunday. Why would she bid knowing she doesn't have the funds for it? What should I do? If I try to cancel the transaction, she might not agree to cancel and I'm on the hook for the fees. But if I wait for her til Sunday, she might not pay then anyway? Advice needed!! I try to write her, but she is the worst communicator. She writes back seldom and only two words?
     
  2. I would just go through the system so you don't lose your fees. I don't think you can file non payment until exactly 4 days after the auction ends. I think the buyer has seven additional days to make payment. If she gets mad she probably will not agree to a mutual cancellation.
     
  3. YOU may require payment in 24 hours but EBAY gives bidders 7 days. I don't even think you can open a non-paying bidder case until after Sunday. Why don't you just wait and see if she pays. The bottom line is, no seller can enforce a payment deadline that is shorter than Ebay's allowed time.
     
  4. Ebay gives buyers 4 days now. That means you give buyers 4 days now too before you can file a NPB.
    I don't know where you are or where your buyer is but I am sure that the time difference is probably more than LA/NY so of course there would be the chance of communication lag. English may not be her first language so two words may be good.
    And if you are in a hurry to receive your funds list BIN with IPR otherwise you just have to wait.
    Oh and if you wait the 4 days to file the buyer gets something like 4 days to respond before the case can be closed.
    It really infuriates me when buyers start pulling crap after the sale. But that is the reality of Ebay now.:cursing:
     
  5. ^agree.. just wait another few days... your buyer may indeed pay you when she says she will
     
  6. My thoughts exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.
     
  7. I would wait.... you really have no choice.