Ebay Coach selling question

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
I sold a few of my bags on the bay. So far, all NWT.

Two of them were bags I bought on the bay, regretted and didn't remove the tags.

The others were bags I had purchased long ago and never used.

So, one of them was a MFF Soho Pleated Shoulder Bag. I have the same bag in three colors, sold the camel one. The other two I have used. I bought these myself at the outlet in Gulfport maybe a year ago.

The buyer of this bag emailed me immediately after the auction ended to complain about the price of shipping, which was CLEARLY indicated on the auction. No surprise there.

Now she is claiming the bag might not be real, is scuffed, is bad leather, . . blah blah blah.

I don't have the receipt or the bag, obviously, but it was not scuffed anywhere and it is absolutely authentic. Actually, the leather on that particular bag is really nice, so I don't know what she's talking about.

What should I do?

Thanks.

This is probably better served in the Ebay forum, I'd ask a moderator to move it for you, since the questions are more about how to help the buyer... and the ebay group are great for giving help!

Sometimes I take the initiative and just tell the buyer to send it back, and that it must be exactly as it was when I mailed it to them.

I had a buyer return an item with damage on it that was not there when I sent it out. I called ebay and they told me to refund the buyer AND ebay refunded me.

Be proactive with this. I agree that if the buyer opens a case, ebay will generally side with the buyer. If you communicate with the buyer through ebay, then your emails can be seen by the CS reps and it will be good for you that you offered the refund first.

By the way, ebay wants you to refund the price and the original postage. If the buyer returns the bag to you, she pays the return postage and you do not need to refund that.

Last point, tell her to get tracking on the package and send the tracking number to you by email. This protects you and does not let her say she mailed the bag if she doesn't.

Good luck.

All good advice. I'm about to tell her to send the bag back.

I had a bad vibe when she immediately complained about the shipping cost (which was $10.95, the real cost of shipping, with insurance was MORE), which was CLEARLY posted.

Thanks

This is a typical case of buyer's remorse. eBay will almost always side with the buyer, and frankly I don't think you want to deal with the potential hassle here. If it were me, I'd just accept the return, refund the buyer less shipping, and move on.

OK, I did that. She doesn't want to pay to send it back.

what should I do? I really don't want to pay the shipping to get this thing back.

If the collective wisdom is to agree, I'll agree to do it. What say you?

I personally wouldn't do it, it's the buyer's responsibility to ship the item back. If she doesn't ship it back, she won't get a refund, since there had to be proof of return.

If she doesn't want to pay to ship it back then tell her she can keep it, simple as that. You are not a department store, first off, and second I'm willing to bet money that you didn't stipulate free returns in your auction terms.

Sounds like this buyer is just being difficult. Tell her either she ships it at her own expense and you will gladly refund the purchase price, or she can be happy with the bag she purchased.

The attitude of buyers is so unfortunate these days.... Sigh.

So after reading all your posts and OMG WHAT? Buyer is responsible for return shipping? I once had a buyer leaving NEGATIVE feebdack for me just because I didn't refund her RETURN shipping. I refunded the original bidding price AND original shipping. Is there a way I can get eBay to remove the feedback?

No ebay will not remove it.

In general, if the problem is a seller problem (ie one time I put in the wrong measurements on a briefcase because I did a sell similar and forgot to change them) then the seller should reimburse shipping both ways.

If the problem is BS then the seller just reimburses shipping one way.

Paypal will not reimburse for return shipping.

the buyer is pretty much responsible 100% of the time for return shipping. i had a SNAD and I had to spend $15 to ship back a bag even though it was totally the sellers fault because she copied someone elses auction and thats y the size was wrong. I went through ebay and paypal and never once did they say that the seller would cover return shipping even though if it was the bag that was described on the auction i would have kept it.

u should also let her know she needs a tracking number and should insure it, if it doesnt make it to you then you dont have to refund her. even if she opens a SNAD she is required to enter the tracking number for the bag.

good luck