Ebay case full refund, still have item, case says not to return

holiday123

Jul 29, 2015
Hi, I purchased a coach bag and it arrived with a cracked and peeling lining and a gouge on outside. I opened a SNAD and seller replied seconds later "do you want a full refund or half." I requested a full refund and thanked her for the offer because fixing it seemed like more of a project than I was looking for. Seconds later I received a full refund. Problem is, I still have the bag, it just came in the mail today. I messaged her back for a return label and...crickets. I look at the details for the closed case and it says I don't have to return bag. That doesn't feel right to me at all. I am not one who likes to get something for nothing.

What do I do now? Below is the case details:

The seller accepted your return of COACH ROGUE tote with embellished handle in glove calf STYLE NO. 59981 $750, and refunded you $200.00. It should be available in your PayPal account.

You don't need to return this item to the seller - you can keep the item. You can view details of this return on eBay.

Hi, I would wait and see if the seller replies with the return address since you're saying you just received the item today. I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. I didn't know that it was a thing that you could keep the item though..but I've never opened a SNAD for an authentic item so I might just be out of the loop. The only time I've ever had something similar to that was when I purchased a fake Burberry wallet, but I was told to destroy the wallet.

Reactions: holiday123
It's possible that the seller ticked the wrong box for the return. There are several options sellers can choose from. Of those choices, seller can "refund" or choose return for refund.

See if she responds. If she needs to print a shipping label, she can use paypal.com/shipnow, purchase a self-addressed label and send you a PDF. You print the label and attach it to the box.

I personally contacted eBay with this same exact scenario. Item was fake, requested a return. She instantly sent me a refund. eBay had told me that since the bag was refunded in full, I was not obligated to return the item. They also said if I could prove it's fake, they would give me a letter of destruction, but I didn't want to pay to get it authenticated. They still said I could keep the purse, but of course, I shipped it back, I didn't want her to do anything to me! They have a chat feature that is quick and easy to use if you want to ask eBay yourself. :smile:

But since I know what is kinda going on in your situation from another thread, I would just keep it and wait and if she never does, then you know what to do. :smile: ALTHOUGH, if you read her listings it says 14 day return, buyer pays shipping. So maybe she is expecting you to pay? Send her another message just in case.

I personally contacted eBay with this same exact scenario. Item was fake, requested a return. She instantly sent me a refund. eBay had told me that since the bag was refunded in full, I was not obligated to return the item. They also said if I could prove it's fake, they would give me a letter of destruction, but I didn't want to pay to get it authenticated. They still said I could keep the purse, but of course, I shipped it back, I didn't want her to do anything to me! They have a chat feature that is quick and easy to use if you want to ask eBay yourself. :smile:

But since I know what is kinda going on in your situation from another thread, I would just keep it and wait and if she never does, then you know what to do. :smile: ALTHOUGH, if you read her listings it says 14 day return, buyer pays shipping. So maybe she is expecting you to pay? Send her another message just in case.
Yeah, she's been online because she's been listing items. Still no reply to me though and this particular bag was "returns not accepted." I'll just wait and see if I get a label in the mail or a response.

This happened before with an item. Ebay refunded me because it was way past estimated arrival and the tracking number the seller entered was invalid. A week later I get the item. I messaged seller 4 times for a return label. A month or so later they messaged me if I was ever going to return the wristlet and I replied that I was still waiting for them to send me a label. To this day, it sits unused in my closet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170727-150734.png
    Screenshot_20170727-150734.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 540
Yeah, she's been online because she's been listing items. Still no reply to me though and this particular bag was "returns not accepted." I'll just wait and see if I get a label in the mail or a response.

This happened before with an item. Ebay refunded me because it was way past estimated arrival and the tracking number the seller entered was invalid. A week later I get the item. I messaged seller 4 times for a return label. A month or so later they messaged me if I was ever going to return the wristlet and I replied that I was still waiting for them to send me a label. To this day, it sits unused in my closet.

Oh dang. Mine said 14 days. Weird how she has different return policies. Hmmmm.

Just reach out to her one more time telling her if she doesn't do shipping label then you are going to get rid of the bag or whatever. And then just hold onto it for a little.

Weird about the other scenario. People are just weird.

Oh dang. Mine said 14 days. Weird how she has different return policies. Hmmmm.

Just reach out to her one more time telling her if she doesn't do shipping label then you are going to get rid of the bag or whatever. And then just hold onto it for a little.

Weird about the other scenario. People are just weird.
All I could think of for her having different return policies was that she might herself have a time table for getting things back to the owner (if she's consigning) or the store for the NWT items.

I sell too and I accept returns on all but items I got with only a 30 day window and not a lot of room for profit . Those it's too tight a time period.

Reactions: alwayscoffee89
I've had similar things happen twice now ... the first time, I bought a bag, and I was sent the wrong one, PLUS it was clearly a fake. I looked up the seller's listing online, and it was far more expensive than the one actually bought. Since it came from Canada, I contacted eBay about it, since sending fakes internationally is illegal. eBay put notes on the case to allow a refund without the bag being sent back. They told me they might ask me to send it to eBay, but they never requested that. Got my refund from the seller on the last day she was eligible to do it, and the bag went to Goodwill eventually.

Second case, I received the bag I ordered, it was perfect, was a brand that isn't often faked (very small boutique), so I don't doubt it is authentic. Seller then sent me a bizarre email saying she had lost the bag, and she was refunding my money. I think she probably was doing an insurance scam ... the bag I got for 1/10 of the price probably got full price from the insurance claim.

I contacted eBay, and they said it was up to me what to do about it, but I was under no obligation to return the bag. I contacted the seller, never heard from her. I did later google her and find out she was arrested for a white collar crime.

I've had similar things happen twice now ... the first time, I bought a bag, and I was sent the wrong one, PLUS it was clearly a fake. I looked up the seller's listing online, and it was far more expensive than the one actually bought. Since it came from Canada, I contacted eBay about it, since sending fakes internationally is illegal. eBay put notes on the case to allow a refund without the bag being sent back. They told me they might ask me to send it to eBay, but they never requested that. Got my refund from the seller on the last day she was eligible to do it, and the bag went to Goodwill eventually.

I contacted eBay, and they said it was up to me what to do about it, but I was under no obligation to return the bag. I contacted the seller, never heard from her. I did later google her and find out she was arrested for a white collar crime.

Please do not donate counterfeit items to Goodwill or anywhere or give to anyone. Unless, you deface it stating it is fake. That is how these things get back into circulation.

So she sent me a blurry picture of a return label. I don't even think it's my name up there as the sender. I've asked her to email me a pdf. Can she do that through ebay? I just told her to send to my PayPal email address. Am I covered if she sends to my personal email? I'm assuming yes since I'll have tracking and delivery confirmation to her zip code, but I want to be sure.

She emailed me the picture of the label and the "from" is someone else in Wisconsin and a completely different zip code. I'm in Florida. Can I use this label? I've emailed back that that's not me and my correct name and zip...just don't want the refund reversed for some funky return label...

And it's a flat rate box postage label so I messaged her that it can't fit in a flat rate unless I cram it on there. She said that's fine just cram it. Omg!

I sent another message to correct this label and that I am not using a label with the "from" being someone else somewhere else. I would have zero proof I returned the bag because this tracking shows its from a totally different state. Uh?

ok, she's sending a correct label.

That brings up another question though. Could I have used that label? I mean people have multiple homes and vacation at families houses so what's to say I'm not in Wisconsin right now? I know the "from" zip code isn't right, but she's using a pre-paid flat rate label so that wouldn't matter cost-wise. Would it matter proof of return wise?

I would not return the item unless her shipping label had your name and address as the sender. Don't let anyone try to scam you. Protect yourself even if eBay says to do it. Ebay gives wrong advise so many times.

ok, she's sending a correct label.

That brings up another question though. Could I have used that label? I mean people have multiple homes and vacation at families houses so what's to say I'm not in Wisconsin right now? I know the "from" zip code isn't right, but she's using a pre-paid flat rate label so that wouldn't matter cost-wise. Would it matter proof of return wise?
You already got your refund so it doesn't matter because you don't have to prove return delivery! What is your seller going to do? Un-refund your refund?

Reactions: carlpsmom