Ebay Buyers who leave Negative Or a Neutral Feedback for no reason or to extort

Tpurroc

May 14, 2013
Hi
I know there is a list for ebay non payers but recently a lot of my friends who sell have noticed ebay buyers who leave negative or neutral feedback without first contacting a seller or are confused by ebay feedback. One friend a 100% feedback seller got a Neutral with a written "THANKS!" The item was a 3.1 Phillip a Lim skirt new with tags spotless that she practically gave away for 59 instead of the almost 600 it cost her.
When she examined this buyers feedback, she realized the buyer had left 50% neutral feedback with a thanks comment.
I told her to contact the other sellers and they came to the conclusion that the woman was leaving neutral feedback when their items didn't fit or other issues that were not sellers fault. This is wrong and really hurts sellers.
Another friend realized a negative feedbacker was based in a warehouse a Miami was a massive reseller shipping the sellers items she received at bargain basement prices and selling overseas at massive markups.

If it's ok, I think it would be helpful to start a list of buyers who leave neutral or negative feedback for no justifiable reason and do it frequently. I'm not talking about the justified buyer who actually does have a gripe. I'm talking about the buyer who receives a good item, makes no attempt to contact their seller and whose 'feedback left for others" is littered with neutral and neg. fdback over and over!

What do you guys think?( it's also so unfair these people have 100% feedback such as the Miami reseller!"

I feel the pain. I have only gotten one neg in my on-off selling over the years and it was from a woman who complained her item (a candle!) was too small. Well, the dimensions were clearly stated in the listing!

It's really annoying when people don't realise the ebay feedback system is nowhere near the same thing as online review systems for products you buy from a store.

I could see this potentially being a bad thing, actually. There are always two sides to each story, and even if a seller feels justified in posting a buyer's ID, the buyer may have been totally innocent and given a bad rep for no reason.

I could see this potentially being a bad thing, actually. There are always two sides to each story, and even if a seller feels justified in posting a buyer's ID, the buyer may have been totally innocent and given a bad rep for no reason.

There are always two sides & then more to be uncovered as we have seen
here so many times...

Sometimes things are just meant to be left the way they are

However, i know some of you are buyers as am I and woukd be concerned. However, I think if there is a pattern of negative neutral feedback it's very important.
medvedevayulia
Left feedback for my friend re the fabric on a new with tags nilli lotan jcrew item buyer received at 1/6 price. My friend is a seller not a manufacturer she has no control over the fabric! She was so puzzled re the feedback until she checked the ebay buyers feedback...most ridiculous feedback ever! One after the other neutral neg fdback. I think sellers shoukd know that they should not sell to a buyer who there is just NO pleasing!

However, i know some of you are buyers as am I and woukd be concerned. However, I think if there is a pattern of negative neutral feedback it's very important.
medvedevayulia
Left feedback for my friend re the fabric on a new with tags nilli lotan jcrew item buyer received at 1/6 price. My friend is a seller not a manufacturer she has no control over the fabric! She was so puzzled re the feedback until she checked the ebay buyers feedback...most ridiculous feedback ever! One after the other neutral neg fdback. I think sellers shoukd know that they should not sell to a buyer who there is just NO pleasing!

I looked at this buyer's history, and I don't see any pattern of leaving undeserved negative or neutral feedback. I went back a year and only saw a handful of negatives or neutrals. Unless you are mistaken in the buyer's name, I don't really think you're justified in badmouthing this buyer.

medvedevayulia
Left feedback for my friend re the fabric on a new with tags nilli lotan jcrew item buyer received at 1/6 price. My friend is a seller not a manufacturer she has no control over the fabric!
That's really what the problem is, isn't it? The 1/6th the price part? Maybe next time the seller needs to set a reserve or BIN price instead? It seems negatives or neutrals are doubly insulting if the buyer got a good price... even if the item was not as described. ;)

medvedevayulia

I looked at this buyer's history, and I don't see any pattern of leaving undeserved negative or neutral feedback. I went back a year and only saw a handful of negatives or neutrals. Unless you are mistaken in the buyer's name, I don't really think you're justified in badmouthing this buyer.
I have to agree with Lindsay. Her feedback left for others isn't bad at all. Out of 272 feedbacks left for others, there were 2 negs and 3 neutrals.
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=medvedevayulia&Dirn=Left+by&ref=home

Perhaps you should warn your "friend" that if she leaves contradictory positive/neg feedbacks for buyers, she's the one who'll find herself in trouble with ebay.

If the buyer reports the "SELLERS BEWARE! NIGHTMARE BUYER CONSTANTLY LEAVES NEUTRAL NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" ebay will remove it and ding the seller's account.

And BTW, I don't see that you or your friend's account received any feedback from that buyer.

($99 for a $278 item isn't 1/6 of the price. It's more than 1/3!)