Ebay buyer wants to ship item overnight. Should I do it?

joce_donald

Apr 30, 2008
Hi there,

I need you guys help me on this. I have a potential buyer interested in a DVD box set that I am listing on ebay. He wants to ship it overnight and is willing to pay extra shipping cost. Should I go ahead and do it? What kind of payment method should I take for this case?

Thanks for ya all help.

Hi there,

I need you guys help me on this. I have a potential buyer interested in a DVD box set that I am listing on ebay. He wants to ship it overnight and is willing to pay extra shipping cost. Should I go ahead and do it? What kind of payment method should I take for this case?

Thanks for ya all help.

as long as you are shipping to his paypal confirmed address you should be fine

Some people wait a few days because the buyer could reverse the funds on you after you've shipped the item. :s

Sare_bear320, thank you very much for your respond.

xthenewyear, that's what I'm worried about. I am a little bit skeptical because I hung around this ebay forum sometimes and had heard the buyer reverses the fund after the item shipped. My question is what the reason the buyer could reverse the fund though? Paypal do not side with seller in this case at all?:?:

I've never had a problem shipping overnight for people! I wouldn't be so paranoid..just make sure they cover the shipping costs. Maybe they need it for a birthday gift. What is it going to hurt? At least they asked in advance..Just make sure you ship to that confirmed address!

Sare_bear320, thank you very much for your respond.

xthenewyear, that's what I'm worried about. I am a little bit skeptical because I hung around this ebay forum sometimes and had heard the buyer reversed the fund after the item shipped. My question is what the reason the buyer could reverse the fund though? Paypal do not side on seller in this case at all?:?:

All things are possible at any given point, but if you have a good buyer and feel they are being honest about the transaction then you should send it to them as long as they abide with your shipping rules. You should be covered as long as you ship it with tracking to confirmed address etc.

I've never had a problem shipping overnight for people! I wouldn't be so paranoid..just make sure they cover the shipping costs. Maybe they need it for a birthday gift. What is it going to hurt? At least they asked in advance..Just make sure you ship to that confirmed address!

LuxuryBagsEtc,

I talked to Paypal several days ago, they said as long as the item is shipped to address listed on paypal (not necessary to confirmed paypal address as before) and that transaction indicates "Eligible", I will be protected. They recently changed the policy though.

Make sure you check the shipping company's obligations to see when they guarantee delivery. USPS is 1-2 days so you have to put in the info to see if it's overnight or 2 day.

LuxuryBagsEtc,

I talked to Paypal several days ago, they said as long as the item is shipped to address listed on paypal (not necessary to confirmed paypal address as before) and that transaction indicates "Eligible", I will be protected. They recently changed the policy though.

You're right about the eligible address! It's just hard for me to get used to that new rule since I've always been so stuck on confirmed address! If you are comfy with the buyer, their communication, and you don't mind shipping overnight then you should be just fine as far as pp is concerned.

Make sure you check the shipping company's obligations to see when they guarantee delivery. USPS is 1-2 days so you have to put in the info to see if it's overnight or 2 day.

if you take it into your post office they usually guarantee by 3pm next day if you get there before 5pm (i sent a pair of jeans for like $25 next day from milwaukee, wi to orlando, fl...and a gift card from mke to somewhere out east for like $11 just to give you an idea price wise)

sare_bear320, thank you very much for your respond.

Finally, I didn't send the item overnight to my potential buyer. I asked the buyer to call me asap before the post office closed so we could work out the shipping cost as well as where to send it to. He said he called but no one answers. I don't know why he could not reach me because the phone was by my side all the time since I emailed. Btw, when he emailed me back, my local post office already closed. Anyhow, thing did not work out.

I do thanks a lot for all you guys help. :smile:

sare_bear320, thank you very much for your respond.

Finally, I didn't send the item overnight to my potential buyer. I asked the buyer to call me asap before the post office closed so we could work out the shipping cost as well as where to send it to. He said he called but no one answers. I don't know why he could not reach me because the phone was by my side all the time since I emailed. Btw, when he emailed me back, my local post office already closed. Anyhow, thing did not work out.

I do thanks a lot for all you guys help. :smile:

Well..at least you tried..they were not upset were they? Hopefully they understand since they should have contacted you before the post office closed..i just know how some fbay buyers blame sellers for everything even when it comes to the post office..

Just something else to keep in mind for future reference...

The only problem that I have had trying to ship overnight is that the USPS will not guarantee an overnight delivery to ALL US zip codes. There are only certain zip codes that they can guarantee next day delivery to and for the zip codes that they cannot guarantee next day delivery, they will only guarantee 2nd day delivery.