eBay buyer claim my real bag is fake and reported me!!! Help!!! :(

ok thanks ..feel a little better. I guess after selling for 6 years with 100% feedback and getting this one neg unfairly. Just made me sick to my stomach. just wanted to add that it has been a week and i haven't received my item back yet. i'm a little worried he will send me back a fake . I guess time will tell...

I lived near this store for YEARS. The ONE LV store in Nashville (Green Hills) DOES NOT AUTHENTICATE BAGS. Ask the buyer who she talked to? I'd tell her that you are going to call the store and ask to speak to the SA to confirm this story, and that you are willing, with receipt in hand, to prove that it is real.

AND--- I DO NOT believe that she is a physician. Her grammar, spelling, syntax, etc. are horrible. I can tell you, first hand, that this DOESN'T CUT IT.

I agree with this 100%!!!
I don't know about everyone else, but if the above messsages were a cut and paste, then I am concerned that the Buyer maybe trying to pull a scam.

Buyer claims to be a physician, but in my experience, her sentence structure, typos and mispelled words send a HUGE red flag. Someone with that level of an education should know the difference between defame/deframe, site/sight etc.....

I doubt that she is a physician and is using this to intimidate the Seller. Further, as someone already had mentioned, will Buyer return the same bag or will they try to send a fake, claiming that is what they received?

I hope Seller took plenty of photos to safeguard herself from a potential scam. GL OP - please keep us posted.

Some stores will authenticate...just not officially. The SA I regularly buy from will authenticate items for me occasionally. I've brought her items a few times (I just tell her they are from estate sales, not ebay) and she has always authenticated them for me with no problem. But I also have a very good relationship with her so that may be why. But she would never write a letter or offer any sort of "official" authentication. She just gives her best opinion on the items and compares them to the ones in store etc. So there is a possibility that a buyer could get an item authenticated in a store---it just depends on the store. But I doubt that is the case in this situation.

OP---once you have a copy of the receipt you should be able to scan it and email it in via the claim online. Or there should be a fax number that you can fax it to. Honestly though, I still think the pressure is on the buyer...if she is claiming it's fake, she has to prove it---has she offered any sort of documentation proving that?

I purchased the bag myself on April 05th, 2010 at Cherry Creek mall, Denver, CO. I was trying to find the phone number to call eBay but I couldn't find it. Can somebody help me find the number that I can call? Thank you

@poopsie2: As I said I bought it at a LV store at Cherry Creek mall, Denver, Colorado. LV store still has my record and I still have the receipt

I only quoted two posts above, but OP why do you keep repeating the phrase "Cherry Creek mall, Denver, CO?" That is oddly specific and leads me to believe that something is off here.

Also, why did you disregard the fact that poopsie told you flat out that the pics in your auction are useless from an authentication standpoint due to the fact that they are blurry to the level of being indecipherable?

Furthermore, you have been advised numerous times to request that your buyer procure a letter from Carol Diva. The burden of disproving authenticity is on her. Instead, you have been posting essentially the same thing over and over about how horrific this buyer is and that you've called the police. You could even take the darn thing back and refund your buyer then resell; many sellers have done this. If the bag is authentic as you state, then you could easily resell it again.

For a seller of an authentic bag, I'm sorry but you aren't being very proactive and it makes me doubtful.

Also, not to try and start an argument here, but, even if she is indeed a physician, does not necessarily mean that she will use perfect grammar, spelling, and punctuation on a forum. My father is a physician, and I can tell tell you his spelling is nowhere near perfect.

So perhaps we shouldn't all jump to conclusions and bash people for their spelling (although I do agree being a physician has nothing to do with authenticating the bag).

If it's really authentic, post photos in the LV Authenticate This section, and then tell your buyer to deal with Carol Diva to try and prove it is not authentic.

Tons of professionals write well when they're working and spellcheck everything and then get lazy when they're writing really casual stuff and don't use spellcheck so it's not really a good way to tell except sometimes you can tell if they use English as a second or third language or something or where they come from.

Taking to the police is wasting their time because they need to deal with crime not disagreements over authenticity of handbags. That's what Carol Diva is for and other services like that. You could also just refund the buyer and have her send the bag back. You did use a security tag on it right?

As I said before f this person sends you a different bag then you can call the police cus that would be theft. Sorry for repeating myself but you really gotta realize that there are easier ways and ways that don't bug necessary public services of dealing with this.

Also, not to try and start an argument here, but, even if she is indeed a physician, does not necessarily mean that she will use perfect grammar, spelling, and punctuation on a forum. My father is a physician, and I can tell tell you his spelling is nowhere near perfect.

So perhaps we shouldn't all jump to conclusions and bash people for their spelling (although I do agree being a physician has nothing to do with authenticating the bag).

If it's really authentic, post photos in the LV Authenticate This section, and then tell your buyer to deal with Carol Diva to try and prove it is not authentic.

I think the spelling only accentuated the logical fallacies in her argument. My father is a physician as well but I could hand him the most shameful fake on Earth and he probably wouldn't know. It's illogical to assume that because you work in a profession that typically affords a standard of living associated with luxury that you can tell a fake from a real product. If it were that easy, then the fake industry wouldn't be so strong!

Furthermore, she's purporting herself to be a part of a profession that requires years and years of schooling in complicated subjects; I think our assumption that she should therefore be able to spell and communicate professionally (and perhaps even well!) is not unreasonable. I think the reason people are bashing on it so much is that she claims to be a physician well-accustomed to luxury but can't properly spell the brand of the bag. Finally, I think she is using the title to make herself seem "higher and mightier" (for lack of a better phrase) to intimidate the seller in to accepting a return on baseless grounds that she normally would not accept, which I think opens up her sentence structure to critique (personally).

No animosity here...I completely see your point, too. :smile: Just participating in discussion.

I only quoted two posts above, but OP why do you keep repeating the phrase "Cherry Creek mall, Denver, CO?" That is oddly specific and leads me to believe that something is off here.

Also, why did you disregard the fact that poopsie told you flat out that the pics in your auction are useless from an authentication standpoint due to the fact that they are blurry to the level of being indecipherable?

Furthermore, you have been advised numerous times to request that your buyer procure a letter from Carol Diva. The burden of disproving authenticity is on her. Instead, you have been posting essentially the same thing over and over about how horrific this buyer is and that you've called the police. You could even take the darn thing back and refund your buyer then resell; many sellers have done this. If the bag is authentic as you state, then you could easily resell it again.

For a seller of an authentic bag, I'm sorry but you aren't being very proactive and it makes me doubtful.

I'm agreeing with you on this. If i were the buyer I would have already gotten a copy of the receipt and spent the $6 to authenticate with caroldiva. Then there'd be almost no case for the buyer's claims.

I think in the very first posts, it was suggested the pictures of the bagsold be authenticated here by the seller in the LV section? And/or a Carol Diva letter from the buyer?

I don't know... but many buyers on eBay are always worried about authenticity, so instead of calling the buyer a scammer, you's better take a deep breath and try to work with her.

I think what seller can do to avoid those claim is that taking close up picture as many as possible. Invest on a camera that can take sharp macro shots. P&S cameras are far cheaper than the most of designer bags anyway. Email authentication by Carol is inexpensive. If you have good images in your hands, you can do instead of asking buyer to do so. eBay looks up what's on the listing page first. Having a blurry close-up doesn't help you at all.

I was super angry and said that I'll report her to the police, after I said that, she reported me to eBay! So eBay sent me a message saying that I should try to work things out with her. But I'm not gonna do that with a person like her so I just reported her back and open a case!

I'm not following 100%..... the case was opened by you or the buyer?

Furthermore, she's purporting herself to be a part of a profession that requires years and years of schooling in complicated subjects; I think our assumption that she should therefore be able to spell and communicate professionally (and perhaps even well!) is not unreasonable. I think the reason people are bashing on it so much is that she claims to be a physician well-accustomed to luxury but can't properly spell the brand of the bag. Finally, I think she is using the title to make herself seem "higher and mightier" (for lack of a better phrase) to intimidate the seller in to accepting a return on baseless grounds that she normally would not accept, which I think opens up her sentence structure to critique (personally).

No animosity here...I completely see your point, too. :smile: Just participating in discussion.

Agreed. I'm finishing my PhD and writing a 400+ page dissertation. I'm also a writer in general. I often times misspell when dashing off replies and emails. But it's more than misspelling. It's also grammar use and sentence structure. It does not read like someone who has a lot of education but is sloppy in their personal communication.

I'm agreeing with you on this. If i were the buyer I would have already gotten a copy of the receipt and spent the $6 to authenticate with caroldiva. Then there'd be almost no case for the buyer's claims.

Exactly.

Sellers who are selling an authentic product would not act like the OP, IMHO...........

Has she been back, BTW?