Ebay buyer claim I sell fake and open a dispute on Ebay and its on my favor

sueism

Apr 1, 2013
Hi there,
I wanted you share my experience with a buyer that claim I am selling fake LV.
I sold the item on Ebay june 24th and mailed it out the very same day. And she received it on June 27 th. So I thought everything is fine and she is happy with it.

The very next day she send me message thru ebay and saying this "We received the bag on late yesterday,The bag is not an authentic Louis Vuitton. There are no Louis Vuitton markings on the bag nor the strap and buckles and the lining on the inside is not correct.
The bag is being returned to you for a full refund."

I immediately called ebay and explain to them the situations and of course I do not except returns. As ebay told me not to response to her message and I also called paypal as they say there is nothing they can do if there is no dispute claim.

Paypal also says the best thing to do is refund her the money when I received the purse back.

Long story short right after lots of calls to Ebay and Paypal to a point I think I am in the losing end. Finally on July 5th I received my purse back in my possession. Then I go ahead and refund her the money thru paypal and of course I didn't pay the full amount as the shipping has been used. So it happened that in my paypal I dont have enough of the amount where paypal will request the money from my bank. FYI i dont like so put much money in my paypal account. And that was saturday's july the 5th story.

And when I woke up this morning and I see the message from the buyer again saying this in my message "
Please advise me on the status of my refund on the bag . Please include the shipping. Thanks."

So I called paypal to inquire when will she get her refund? Without knowing that she file a dispute on the very same day. And Paypal says it on hold till friday I may want to check with ebay. So I was thinking why ebay? then paypal connects me to ebay while waiting to get connected i went to my ebay and saw there is a dispute claim on me
and I response to ebay and ebay says its will take 24-48 hrs to escalated.

As then i was like 24-48 hrs ??? Then i went back to my dispute claim and call ebay again and says how can I attach and attachment of my the pictures and the original receipt of the bag? While i was doing that and talking to ebay customer service she notice that what the buyer claim and did the wrong way about it and the customer service asked me to wait. So i was waiting on the phone like 10 minutes , and when she get back to me she said the dispute has been closed and its on my favor.

Finally i feel so relieved and I said does that means I don't have to refund her even the refund has done? And Ebay says YES and asked me to call paypal as paypal will received the message from ebay in 24hrs.

This is the first time i felt good after lots of calls and time and its in my favor.

Last edited:
I'm confused. You said, "Then I go ahead and refund her the money thru paypal and of course I didn't pay the full amount as the shipping has been used. So it happened that in my paypal I dont have enough of the amount where paypal will request the money from my bank."

Did you already issue the refund?

I'm confused. You said, "Then I go ahead and refund her the money thru paypal and of course I didn't pay the full amount as the shipping has been used. So it happened that in my paypal I dont have enough of the amount where paypal will request the money from my bank."

Did you already issue the refund?
I was wondering the same thing - paypal told you that you don't have to refund, but you said that you already did?

Ok I must type wrongly then, what happened was when I received the purse in my possession I go ahead return the amount of purchased, not including the shipping cost as the buyer wanted a full refund with the shopping. But when I do the refund I don't have enough funding in paypal and will only release the whole refund amount to her on July 8th. So the refund still pending. But she went and file a dispute today July 7th and I contest it and won! Then eBay and Paypal says I don't have to refund her anything . Or you guys still lost? So the pending refund will be reversed to me.

Ok I must type wrongly then, what happened was when I received the purse in my possession I go ahead return the amount of purchased, not including the shipping cost as the buyer wanted a full refund with the shopping. But when I do the refund I don't have enough funding in paypal and will only release the whole refund amount to her on July 8th. So the refund still pending. But she went and file a dispute today July 7th and I contest it and won! Then eBay and Paypal says I don't have to refund her anything . Or you guys still lost? So the pending refund will be reversed to me.

So you're keeping the item and her payment?

No I am not keeping the item as will mail it off to her when she gets the message from eBay stating the dispute is in my favor. I am waiting for the to contact me or in 3 days I will mail it off to her as it's not mine anymore. But I am keeping the payment.

Would it not be easier to just refund, now that you have your purse back?

I did in the first place since she open a dispute and everything reversed back to me. I refunded her before she dispute. And claiming my item is fake so I contest and won. As I need to prove my item is real.

You agreed to the return and owe her a refund. I don't know what went on in the discussion between you, ebay and paypal but you can't change the agreement after the fact. You agreed to refund once you received the bag back, you've now received it back and owe a refund!

Unless you have it in your TOS in the listing that shipping won't be refunded, you have to refund her full payment of the item price AND the original shipping. (Return shipping is at her expense.)

You agreed to the return and owe her a refund. I don't know what went on in the discussion between you, ebay and paypal but you can't change the agreement after the fact. You agreed to refund once you received the bag back, you've now received it back and owe a refund!

Unless you have it in your TOS in the listing that shipping won't be refunded, you have to refund her full payment of the item price AND the original shipping. (Return shipping is at her expense.)

I did not agree to the refund and it's stated no refund. But she go ahead and returned it to me. And in good gesture I did the refund to her while waiting for the money to credited to her she file a dispute. She could have just wait for the money get credited and we go from there but she decide everything is on her own term and claim sell fake. Now I am just waiting for her to response and the case has closed. I am in no mean trying not to work with her but she just doing things without letting me know ahead of time. Right after she saying she want full refund where i already refund her the purchase price , and she file dispute on me.

I did not agree to the refund and it's stated no refund. But she go ahead and returned it to me. And in good gesture I did the refund to her while waiting for the money to credited to her she file a dispute. She could have just wait for the money get credited and we go from there but she decide everything is on her own term and claim sell fake. Now I am just waiting for her to response and the case has closed. I am in no mean trying not to work with her but she just doing things without letting me know ahead of time. Right after she saying she want full refund where i already refund her the purchase price , and she file dispute on me.
Originally, you made several posts on the same subject and made them on different threads. (It's really hard to follow and confusing to offer advice when you've posted in different places.)

Although you can have a no-return policy, there are many instances where accepting a return is the least complicated way to resolve an issue. It's better to take a return, have a happy buyer and avoid disputes than to have a buyer open a claim, get a defect on your account and be forced to take a return in the end anyway.

But I'd made this post where I recommended just accepting the return and once you receive the bag back, issue a refund when you confirm that it's the same bag and in the same condition.
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/ebay-safety-tips-117551-26.html#post27007037

I think this is another instance where ebay gave you bad advice.

IMO, the buyer did you a favor by not opening a dispute. If she opened a SNAD dispute, it would be accusing you of selling a fake and a counterfeit ding on your account can limit or prohibit your ability to sell designer items. (It doesn't matter whether the buyer is right or wrong in her allegation.)

My advice is to tell her to return the bag in the condition sent and you'll give her a refund.

The listing just ended on June 24 so I doubt that she's been using it. Perhaps she has buyer's remorse or perhaps she believes it's fake.

If she simply needs reassurance, refer her to the authenticate this LV section of TPF or have her spend $7.50 to have a professional authentication from A4U.

To which you replied (in a different thread) that you would inspect the bag and refund her once you got it back. That's why I thought you'd agreed to take the return.
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/buyer-return-item-saying-its-fake-873275.html#post27010067

Sorry I didn't see your response. And thanks for the advice I will wait for my purse to come in.

It will not be reversed. Yu processed the refund already. It is showing pending, because it is coming out of your bank account and needs time to process. Once it processes, it will go back to the buyer.

Originally, you made several posts on the same subject and made them on different threads. (It's really hard to follow and confusing to offer advice when you've posted in different places.)

Although you can have a no-return policy, there are many instances where accepting a return is the least complicated way to resolve an issue. It's better to take a return, have a happy buyer and avoid disputes than to have a buyer open a claim, get a defect on your account and be forced to take a return in the end anyway.

But I'd made this post where I recommended just accepting the return and once you receive the bag back, issue a refund when you confirm that it's the same bag and in the same condition.
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/ebay-safety-tips-117551-26.html#post27007037

To which you replied (in a different thread) that you would inspect the bag and refund her once you got it back. That's why I thought you'd agreed to take the return.
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/buyer-return-item-saying-its-fake-873275.html#post27010067

Yes as I did post there and asked opinion and finally the purse is in I did refund her but i take 3-4 days to cleared the refund and she couldn't wait I guess that is when she decided to Open the dispute and also stating my item is fake. So when I response to eBay disputed they rule in my favor as I can prove it's not fake. That is why all refund is reversed back to me. Sorry for confusing you as my typing really suck.

It will not be reversed. Yu processed the refund already. It is showing pending, because it is coming out of your bank account and needs time to process. Once it processes, it will go back to the buyer.

Oh ok because all I can see is the shipping is reversed back to me but the return is still pending.

yes my typing sucks but do you think I would not return the money to the buyer ? As for now I am waiting for the PAYPAL to cleared everything instead of put the refund on held I will surely return her money just minus the shipping.
I also call up Ebay to let them know what I intend to do and noted that in my dispute incase buyer call Ebay. I am not a cheat, the reason I contest is when she said I sold fake item. Its was after the fact I already do the refund and she just can't wait for it to cleared and she open a dispute. If she didn't open the dispute she should get her money today. July 8.
Just to clear it out I do not intend to keep both the money or the bag since its in my possession I will either send her the purse back or money. And this is the first time it ever happened to me. You don't have to buy anything from me but I know what is the right thing to do its return her the money.

I post here is because the fact that she open dispute on me after I did the refund.

Last edited by a moderator: